Planned Parenthood President: Roe v Wade could be overturned within next year

Started by Xavier, January 25, 2019, 03:47:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xavier

Thoughts? Is she being too optimistic (or pessimistic from the other side) or might their worst fears be realized? Much prayer and action is still necessary to end abortion. Alito, Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, Roberts, Thomas - do these 5 men have the strength to uphold state laws against abortion? Or will at least 1 or even 2 more nominees be necessary?  https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/new-planned-parenthood-president-within-the-next-year-we-could-see-roe-v.-w

Quote"CHICAGO, January 24, 2019 (LifeSiteNews) ? The new president of Planned Parenthood told a leading American medical journal that she thinks Roe v. Wade could be overturned within a year.

"We're facing a situation where within the next year we could see Roe v. Wade overturned or further eroded," Dr. Leana Wen told freelance writer Jennifer Abbasi. "There are more than 20 cases right now that are one step away from the Supreme Court that directly involve reproductive rights and health care ... Planned Parenthood's latest annual report, released this past weekend, revealed the organization aborted 332,757 babies last year and raked in $563.8 million from taxpayers. Abortion continues to account for 96 percent of Planned Parenthood's pregnancy-related services. The number of unique patients seen by Planned Parenthood also went down by 600,000 – a 20 percent decrease, according to the Susan B. Anthony List – and contraception, which many falsely push as an alternative to abortion, declined by more than 80,000 services.
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

Lambda Phage

If RBG kicks the bucket, and Kavanaugh mans up (which I think he would), R v W is gone.

Until then I'd be surprised if it gets to SCOTUS. It would be a risky move by conservatives especially when RBG looks like she has one foot in the grave. The "safer" move is to wait, but it's still possible. Roberts is the biggest question mark.

My instinct says this is alarmism and fearmongering amongst liberals.

Josephine87

Sounds like a fundraising drive. Also it's incredibly depressing that the women justices are all abortion-mad.  :(
"Begin again." -St. Teresa of Avila

"My present trial seems to me a somewhat painful one, and I have the humiliation of knowing how badly I bore it at first. I now want to accept and to carry this little cross joyfully, to carry it silently, with a smile in my heart and on my lips, in union with the Cross of Christ. My God, blessed be Thou; accept from me each day the embarrassment, inconvenience, and pain this misery causes me. May it become a prayer and an act of reparation." -Elisabeth Leseur

Maximilian

Quote from: Josephine87 on January 25, 2019, 08:46:37 AM

Also it's incredibly depressing that the women justices are all abortion-mad.

Even the Reagan-appointee Sandra Day O'Connor.

Kaesekopf

That demoniac RBG needs to die, and Roberts needs to not cuck like the faggot he was in Obamacare.

Prolife side needs a 7-2 majority to be somewhat certain, the 6-3 is shaky because "conservatives" don't do shit.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Xavier

Breyer, Ginsburg, Kagan, Sotomayor  are the 4 to replace. The first two are near retirement age. The last 2 are far from it. B and G being gone in 4 to 5 years is a safe bet, statistically speaking. So winning this battle once and for all very probably comes down simply to (1) Republicans keeping the White House at least until 2024, and most important, (2) Trump and Pence actually nominating, and Senate Republicans thoroughly vetting, and then confirming two Solid pro-life Justices. In the short term, since Ginsburg may go before 2020, and Republicans have like 53 seats in the senate, a comfortable majority, they should nominate  someone like Catholic Judge William Pryor, who called Roe v Wade an "abomination", if the next vacancy comes by then. Was on Trump's top 4 picks the first time, but sadly he didn't make it. Things may have already been different if he had. Pro-lifers shouldn't compromise easily on something so absolutely important, but negotiate hard for the best candidate, obtaining specific promises within a reasonable timeline from him. That's the way to win this war once and for all. And the ideal is that the Court must not wait for Congress but must itself find and determine that the unborn child's life is constitutionally protected, and that therefore any law in any state permitting abortion is unconstitutional.
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

Prayerful

PP are looking for money. Justice Neil Gorsuch hasn't entirely shown himself a paladin of pro-life, refusing even to hear an entirely arguable case.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.