Pope St. Pius X-Against Modernism

Started by Godfrey of Bouillon, October 16, 2013, 07:13:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Godfrey of Bouillon

Some quotes I discovered from Bishop Sanborn that Pope St. Pius X made to prelates about them being too soft on Modernism. Note: For those who think that Modernism is not a formal heresy, think again.

In a clash with Cardinal Ferrari of Milan on this heresy:

"These miserable wretches, whom by the command of the apostle St. John we should refuse even to greet, for the apostle St. John says that we should not greet these who are heretics."

To Bishop Geremia Bonomelli of Cermona:

"There are too many who have turned aside from the truth and in demanding a reform of discipline there also to respire to a reform of dogma and to harass the Church with the sophisms used by it's most violent opponents."

and....

"I am astonished that you should find excessive the measures taken to confine the flood that threatens to swamp us, when the error they are striving to spread is much more deadly that that of Luther, because it aims directly at not only the destruction of the Church, but of Christianity."

and my favorite one...

"Kindness is for fools. They want them to be treated with oil, soap and caresses, but they should be beaten with fists! In a duel, you don't count or measure the blows, you strike as you can! War is not made with charity, it is a struggle, a duel. If our Lord were not terrible, he would not have given an example in this too. See how he treated the Philistines, the sowers of error, the wolves in sheeps clothing, the traitors in the temple. He scourged them with whips!"

Folks, we have individuals, from Bishop Fellay to "semi-trad" Louie Verrichio who have outright called Francis a Modernist. Assuming that this true, think about the implications of that....

Irishcyclist

The words of Pope Pius X are prescient especially with regard to Modernism.

Bishop Fellay's failure to recognise Modernism must be of concern to those in the SSPX however.

LouisIX

Quote from: Irishcyclist on October 16, 2013, 07:32:21 PM

Bishop Fellay's failure to recognise Modernism must be of concern to those in the SSPX however.

Hahaha.  Didn't he just call Francis a Modernist?
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Irishcyclist

Quote from: LouisIX on October 17, 2013, 04:51:24 PM

Only after 7 months of Pope Francis papacy.
Bernard Fellay isn't exactly perceptive.

Der Kaiser

Quote from: Irishcyclist on October 17, 2013, 05:12:25 PM

He kinda had to see which way things were going to go.  You gotta understand The SSPX err in believing Francis is a Pope (or even a Christian) so they have to give him the benefit of doubt and wait for him to do something really stupid. He has had 7 months of complete jerk ups so I guess Fellay decided it was time to call a spade a spade.

Would you rather he was still trying to get "regularized" with the counterfeit Church of beelzubub?
"If a Pope changes the rites of the sacraments he puts himself outside the Church and is Anathema"-Pope Innocent III

"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of Anti-Christ"-Our Lady of La Sallette

The hebrews have not recognized the lord, therefore we can not recognize the hebrews.-St Pius X

Irishcyclist

Quote from: Der Kaiser on October 17, 2013, 05:17:11 PM
Quote from: Irishcyclist on October 17, 2013, 05:12:25 PM

He kinda had to see which way things were going to go.  You gotta understand The SSPX err in believing Francis is a Pope (or even a Christian) so they have to give him the benefit of doubt and wait for him to do something really stupid. He has had 7 months of complete jerk ups so I guess Fellay decided it was time to call a spade a spade.

Would you rather he was still trying to get "regularized" with the counterfeit Church of beelzubub?

You're making excuses for Bernard Fellay's failure to recognise what has been patently obvious for months
Fellay's inability to see what is patently obvious is a damning indictment of his stewardship as head of the SSPX.

SSPX having such an imperceptive leader at the helm wreaks of danger for the Society and it's followers.

If Fellay has the interests of the SSPX interests at heart - and its my view that he hasn't - he would stand aside.