Pope Francis, the Catholic Church, and Homosexuality

Started by Geremia, October 17, 2013, 10:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Basilios

Excellent! I met Fr Rodriguez at Chartres in 2011. He was very nice and humble. Cool Priest. Very saintly and brave.
Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth: and a door round about my lips. Incline not my heart to evil words.

Adeodatus

Very good but there is a problem with the "10 Commandments" graphic at 36:40. First, the tablets list 11 items. Second, it appears to be the Mormon (or one of the Protestant) ordering of the Decalogue. I believe that this graphic should be revised to express the Decalogue in a more Catholic way.
¡Viva Cristo Rey!
Sh'ma Yisrael Adonai Eloheinu Adonai E?ad

Elizabeth

Quote from: Adeodatus on October 17, 2013, 12:08:24 PM
Very good but there is a problem with the "10 Commandments" graphic at 36:40. First, the tablets list 11 items. Second, it appears to be the Mormon (or one of the Protestant) ordering of the Decalogue. I believe that this graphic should be revised to express the Decalogue in a more Catholic way.

I'll take your word --having not looked at video--and say you are 100% correct to say the graphic should be revised.

LoverOfTradition

Thank God for Priests like him who preach the Truth!

I love watching his homilies.

Courageous and saintly Priest he is.

May God bless him.
"I have never changed. I have preached and done what the Church has always taught. I have never changed what the Church said in the Council of Trent and at the First Vatican Council. So who has changed? It is the enemy, as Pope St. Pius X said, the enemy who is working within the Church because he wants the Church to be finished with her tradition." (Archbishop Lefebvre, Homily, Venice, April 7, 1980)

Geremia

In case you don't know about Fr. Rodriguez: He is a diocesan priest. He was relocated to the outskirts of his diocese, about 200 mi away, by his bishop whom Pope Benedict relocated to Fresno, CA, as a result of and his letters in the local newspaper, in which he corrected a fellow priest's incomplete and misleading presentation of the Church's teaching on homosexuality, much to the dismay of the bishop, who filed a lawsuit against Fr. Rodriguez.

mikemac

Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

LoverOfTradition

Quote from: Geremia on October 17, 2013, 06:55:36 PM
In case you don't know about Fr. Rodriguez: He is a diocesan priest. He was relocated to the outskirts of his diocese, about 200 mi away, by his bishop whom Pope Benedict relocated to Fresno, CA, as a result of and his letters in the local newspaper, in which he corrected a fellow priest's incomplete and misleading presentation of the Church's teaching on homosexuality, much to the dismay of the bishop, who filed a lawsuit against Fr. Rodriguez.

The Bishop filed a lawsuit against one of his own Priests? I didn't know that part.

And it's his DUTY to transmit the very faith Fr. Rodriguez is preaching!

We must pray for the Clergy. How much they will have to answer for...
"I have never changed. I have preached and done what the Church has always taught. I have never changed what the Church said in the Council of Trent and at the First Vatican Council. So who has changed? It is the enemy, as Pope St. Pius X said, the enemy who is working within the Church because he wants the Church to be finished with her tradition." (Archbishop Lefebvre, Homily, Venice, April 7, 1980)