I would like someone to practice Québec French with

Started by dueSicilie, September 29, 2020, 11:21:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dueSicilie

I've been learning French actively for a month or so, and I took French for 4 years in high school eons ago. I am also teaching my kids and we are now planning in a year or so a fall Québec vacation! Would any native French speaking Canadians be willing to help me practice speaking French please? I was thinking  on skype or FaceTime occasionally like once a week or something.

I would be eternally grateful.

Fleur-de-Lys

dueSicilie

Quote from: Fleur-de-Lys on September 29, 2020, 12:10:06 PM
Are you still learning Portuguese, dueSicilie?

Alas, no. I had my finger in too many linguistic pies, so to speak. I decided to focus on the two most important/urgent, French and Italian. Well and Latin but that is more of a reading language. So Portuguese, German, Dutch, and Russian are put on hold.

Fleur-de-Lys

Quote from: dueSicilie on September 29, 2020, 12:34:21 PM

Alas, no. I had my finger in too many linguistic pies, so to speak. I decided to focus on the two most important/urgent, French and Italian. Well and Latin but that is more of a reading language. So Portuguese, German, Dutch, and Russian are put on hold.

I certainly understand that. :)  Well, good luck to you, dueSicilie.

My own French is European, so I'm afraid I can't help you here. But I am curious to see if we have any native speakers of québécois French on the forum.

dueSicilie

Quote from: Fleur-de-Lys on September 29, 2020, 12:45:49 PM
Quote from: dueSicilie on September 29, 2020, 12:34:21 PM

I certainly understand that. :)  Well, good luck to you, dueSicilie.

My own French is European, so I'm afraid I can't help you here. But I am curious to see if we have any native speakers of québécois French on the forum.

I wonder too, I am guessing that there are at least 1 or 2.