Water Damaged iPhone

Started by Archer, January 24, 2015, 05:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Curt Jester

Quote from: Arun on January 30, 2015, 06:23:56 PMDoes the rice work? I allays thought it was just from that joke, you know; if your phone gets wet put it in a bag of rice overnight.the rice will attract Asians who will fix your electronics for you.

It really works.  I personally know two instances in which a phone went from unusable to working.  In the first case, a person was swimming in a pool with it (don't ask me how) without knowing.   The rice got it back to working condition 100%.  In the second instance someone accidentally dropped a phone in a fish tank (again, don't ask me how) and the rice got it working again.   That time, it wasn't 100% though because the charger would no longer work.   Everything else did, but ultimately it had to be replaced because once the charge was gone nothing could be done.
The royal feast was done; the King
Sought some new sport to banish care,
And to his jester cried: "Sir Fool,
Kneel now, and make for us a prayer!"

The jester doffed his cap and bells,
And stood the mocking court before;
They could not see the bitter smile
Behind the painted grin he wore.

He bowed his head, and bent his knee
Upon the Monarch's silken stool;
His pleading voice arose: "O Lord,
Be merciful to me, a fool!"

Heinrich

Does it matter if its organic rice, white or brown?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

CaptCrunch73

The rice trick doesn't work, take it to apple or Verizon or your carrier. I ran my iPhone thru the  washing machine once and they reset it and while the display was messed up the phone was working, I reset the iPhone to factory defaults to wipe my data. Your mileage may vary.
"Hold firmly that our faith is identical with that of the ancients. Deny this, and you dissolve the unity of the Church."
-- Thomas Aquinas

"There are in truth three states of the converted: the beginning, the middle, and the perfection. In the beginning, they experience the charms of sweetness; in the middle, the contests of temptation; and in the end, the fullness of perfection."
-- Pope St. Gregory

Archer

Quote from: CaptCrunch73 on February 01, 2015, 06:02:11 AM
The rice trick doesn't work, take it to apple or Verizon or your carrier. I ran my iPhone thru the  washing machine once and they reset it and while the display was messed up the phone was working, I reset the iPhone to factory defaults to wipe my data. Your mileage may vary.

The rice thing didn't work for me.  I bought my wife a replacement off ebay and was able to wipe the data on the water damaged phone using the icloud online.  I'm going to sell it back to Verizon as part of their recycling program which will net me a few bucks.  I'm not confident enough that there's zero chance of a crazy tech geek extracting some kind of data to sell it for parts on ebay. 
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Heinrich

Quote from: Archer on February 01, 2015, 12:33:02 PM
Quote from: CaptCrunch73 on February 01, 2015, 06:02:11 AM

The rice thing didn't work for me.  I bought my wife a replacement off ebay and was able to wipe the data on the water damaged phone using the icloud online.  I'm going to sell it back to Verizon as part of their recycling program which will net me a few bucks.  I'm not confident enough that there's zero chance of a crazy tech geek extracting some kind of data to sell it for parts on ebay.

I don't think that'd be worth it, A. I would torch it(but after the rice bath, freezer stint, and oven bake the data are probably gone already). Just chalk up the loss.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Gardener on January 24, 2015, 09:49:36 PM

Send it to Benny Hinn.

At the very worst he'll crack the screen when he slams his hand into it and yells, "be HEALED!"

The visual on that one made my day.  :)
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace