Humility: Good or Bad?

Started by Probius, October 12, 2013, 08:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Probius

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on May 24, 2014, 05:03:05 PM
Quote from: Crimson Flyboy on May 24, 2014, 03:53:12 PM
Don't get me wrong, I still don't believe in God.  I am going to mass in order to spend time with my grandmother.  I am taking bible classes at a Protestant church, because my aunt and uncle attend and I would like to know more about the bible.  I think it is good to know about the bible since it dominates our culture.  If I had lived in Ancient Greece, I would have studied the Iliad and the Odyssey.
believing in God is up to God not you...my optimism is based on the fact you will be in the same proximity with God himself when you join your Grandmother....(pretty shitty to use your granny like that though....and the protty bible study...which will be wrong anyway)

I forgot you wrote this.  So, for me to attend mass is good because I will be in the proximity with God, but it's bad because it's blasphemy.  Which is it?
You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection." - The Buddha

"Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate." - Carl Jung

Probius

The banking system in the US is the biggest scam in the history of the world: 
You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection." - The Buddha

"Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate." - Carl Jung

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: Crimson Flyboy on May 25, 2014, 12:10:38 AM

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on May 24, 2014, 05:03:05 PM
Quote from: Crimson Flyboy on May 24, 2014, 03:53:12 PM
Don't get me wrong, I still don't believe in God.  I am going to mass in order to spend time with my grandmother.  I am taking bible classes at a Protestant church, because my aunt and uncle attend and I would like to know more about the bible.  I think it is good to know about the bible since it dominates our culture.  If I had lived in Ancient Greece, I would have studied the Iliad and the Odyssey.
believing in God is up to God not you...my optimism is based on the fact you will be in the same proximity with God himself when you join your Grandmother....(pretty shitty to use your granny like that though....and the protty bible study...which will be wrong anyway)

I forgot you wrote this.  So, for me to attend mass is good because I will be in the proximity with God, but it's bad because it's blasphemy.  Which is it?
Go by yourself...if what you said about your granny is true.....she is the one who acknowledges God and then rejects him....you simply havent accepted him at all....and maybe in his presence hell grant you the gift of faith and then you could help granny. On a side note at least I can see why your so screwed up religiously.
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: Crimson Flyboy on May 25, 2014, 12:13:23 AM
The banking system in the US is the biggest scam in the history of the world: 
Preaching to the Chior son. Of course you refuse to take note of the fact that nearly every banking house are owned and run by Jews.

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Probius

That's just not true.

And as I'm on my way out of this forum, I want to hit y'all with a little truth.  We don't live in a free market, if we did there would be no such thing as poverty.  In a truly free market people wouldn't be taxed by force and there would be no regulations forcing people to act against their interests.  In fact there would be no taxes or regulations at all.  We are not free, the government owns us and gives us a little freedom in order to make us more profitable.  The government lays no legitimate claim on our lives, it is nothing more than organized crime.

Everything you have ever been told is a lie.  Religion has always been co-opted in order to control the people.  The two work in a mutually beneficial agreement.  Religion gives the state a sense of legitimacy among the people, as people will always question why the state has the right to control them and use violence against them.  When a man declares himself to be king, people question.  "What gives you the right?", they ask.  The religion gives the ruler legitimacy by claiming that God wills that this man be ruler, this is called the divine right of kings.  The state eliminates competition for the religion and feeds it massive amounts of money.  The state is nothing more than an organization which claims a monopoly on the use of violence over a certain geographical area.  There is no such thing as a 'legitimate' government, just like there is no such thing as a 'legitimate' rape.  The non-aggression principle applies to all, a man doesn't become exempt from the NAP just because he puts on a fancy uniform or because a majority of the populace vote him into office.

Wake up.  You are not free, you are a slave to the state.  The only thing that will free you is revolution, a peaceful revolution that is.  Never attempt to overcome evil with evil, those in government are much better at it than you or me.  The only moral society is an anarchist society, one that works on mutual cooperation.  Do not hit people, do not take their stuff, this must apply to government as well.  Government is the problem, anarchy is the solution.

james03

Here's the deal lad.  This is the hard truth.  Get over being pissed off about it and think about it long and hard.  You are a whiner, and you are completely immature and lack manly virtue.  I've dealt with responsible, manly atheists before.  We have intelligent discussions, and when they see their contradictions, they are man enough to admit it.

You on the other hand have an excuse in every pocket.  When you can't answer something, you shift the conversation and post some stupid YouTube video.  You now aren't even man enough to respect forum rules.  You need to take a hard look at yourself in the mirror and decide if you are satisfied with what you see.  I suspect the vices you display here carry over to your personal life, so have some humility and start working on eliminating them.  You talk about a wife, well guess what?  What I found out about you a woman will sense almost immediately, because that is in their make-up.  So good luck with getting a wife in your current situation.

I said it before, and I'll say it again.  The only reason someone like you comes here and posts is because he is trying to make an excuse for Judgment Day.  So you can have one last eternal whine: "I didn't know!".  Guess what?  God knows the inner heart better than the man himself.  Whining about your fate will only increase your torments in hell.

Good bye.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Francisco Suárez

Crimson, your post looks juicy for a point-by-point refutation. I may have a crack at it at some point, when I find the energy.

Probius

I am not whining, I am simply telling you the truth.  I may be the first to do so.  I would love to hear your refutation Francisco, explain to me how the government has the right to use violence against others.  Please explain to me how the government is considered 'legitimate' or what that word even means.

Probius

The bit about not being manly is puerile, and makes you sound like a high school jock.

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: Crimson Flyboy on May 25, 2014, 08:45:55 AM
The bit about not being manly is puerile, and makes you sound like a high school jock.
Dude no one is more anti govt than me...your the hypocrit who refuses to see the zionist deathgrip on govt and the banking houses. Also your such a dope Ill bet you belive the govt story about 911. There has never been one here was deluded like you are into thinking that a free market can ever exist. As long as the Jewish materialists rule finance and the sciences humans will necer have true secular freedom. At best your views on religion are closee to marx and lenin. The first thing govts do to oppress the people is destroy Christians....and your no better. Im in construction and in my business I can only afford to hire real men...not pencil neck geeks weilding philosophys. Want to learn economics...go dig ditches for minmum wage....put down you babytoys like rand...pick up a hammeer or saw...make something usefull. Dont follow ayn rand to hell and loservill. Follow St Paul and make tents.

911!

Probius

I spent whole summers in college digging ditches in 100 degree weather.  I finished those summers looking like a Pakastani.  I did that, and I learned from it.  The best lesson on economics I received in college was from scalping football tickets on Saturdays.  Pencil neck geek wielding philosophy eh?  That's the same drivel I heard in college from construction workers when I showed up to the job site with a back pack full of books on my back.  I worked just as hard as any of them, but then I read text books when I was done.  I was told that 'all of those books will just hurt your eyes.'  That was anti-intellectual blather from cave men.  Having a disdain for learning does not make one a man.

No, I am not a truther.  The conspiracy theories surrounding 9/11 are ridiculous, and no one with half a brain would believe them for a second.  All of the anti-Semitic 'Zionist' talk gets old as well.  I got enough of this crap when I was attending a SSPX chapel.  The Jews make up between 12-14 million people, yet trads seems to think they run the world.  This is beyond silly and stems from the fact that trads still blame the Jews for killing Jesus and are extremely angry about it.  It happened nearly two thousand years ago, get over it.

voxxpopulisuxx

Then you lost any credibility as a self proclaimed realist and antgovt activist if you swallow the govt line....you lick the govt jackboot. And while ashakazani jews make up a small percentage of the global population...they make up 95% of the banking...medical..entertainment and media power centers. That is simply a fact. Reading books is awsome...being an eltist useless philospher is not. You are pro govt...your own words prove that. Just really another useless chit. Its nice that now your done with us you finally have the balls to be honest about who you are.

911!

Probius

Don't be ridiculous, I am not pro government just because I am not a conspiracy nut with tin foil on my head, who listens to Alex Jones.  I am an anarchist, because there is no such thing as a legitimate or moral government.  You want to talk about gullibility?  You have swallowed what The Church says whole cloth.  The government and The Church both were created to control you.  Christianity was co-opted by Constantine in 325 in order to control the masses.  Marx may have been an idiot, but he was right when he said that religion is the opiate of the masses.

voxxpopulisuxx

So all that baloney you spewed about loving truth and the laws of nature goes out the window on 911.

911!

Probius

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on May 25, 2014, 07:43:44 PM
So all that ********* you spewed about loving truth and the laws of nature goes out the window on 911.

No, the truth is that 19 Muslim hijackers were involved in the attack, and that was the only conspiracy on 9/11.  It is also true that the government had nothing to do with it.  They did, however, capitalize on the event, which is evil.  Truthers base their views on shoddy evidence.  It is a fact that two airliners slammed into the twin towers.  To claim that the towers had to have come down because of explosives is ridiculous, it was the airliners which took down the towers.  A conspiracy of this size would involve thousands of people, and to think none of them would speak out is naive at best.  The conspirators would have had to install thousands of pounds of explosives throughout the walls of the twin towers without anyone noticing.  They would have to set off the explosives without leaving any evidence.  The whole conspiracy theory is blatantly wrong.

The events of 9/11 did not violate the laws of nature.

It doesn't mean I don't believe in truth just because I disagree with you.