To what are you currently listening?

Started by Bonaventure, December 26, 2012, 09:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

The Harlequin King

Quote from: LouisIX on July 31, 2013, 02:18:34 PM
Best show of all time.  Hands down.

LOL. I wouldn't go so far as to say "all time", but it's pretty good. I'm about halfway into season 4 right now.

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

LouisIX

Quote from: The Harlequin King on August 01, 2013, 09:12:24 PM
Quote from: LouisIX on July 31, 2013, 02:18:34 PM
Best show of all time.  Hands down.

LOL. I wouldn't go so far as to say "all time", but it's pretty good. I'm about halfway into season 4 right now.

Well, I happen to think it is.   :shrug:  Maybe that's funny.  I don't watch a lot of tv these days.
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

The Harlequin King

Quote from: LouisIX on August 02, 2013, 01:42:47 PM
Well, I happen to think it is.   :shrug:  Maybe that's funny.  I don't watch a lot of tv these days.

Maybe it is indeed the best for you. I'd have to see a list of the kinds of shows you'd like before I could attempt to suggest something you might like even more than Breaking Bad. Unless, of course, we must take an absolute objective view where, say, Arrested Development is objectively more beautiful and pleasing to God than The Big Bang Theory. While we're there, perhaps God prefers to play Street Fighter over Mortal Kombat and my preference for MK is disordered. I don't know.

LouisIX

I don't know if God likes The Big Bang Theory or Arrested Development, but I would bet that the effort of AD is a lot more pleasing to Him than the effort of TBBT.
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Bonaventure

Bonaventure

zork

Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

Bonaventure

totiusque

Weird Al meets Breaking Bad.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWdTi57e4GU#at=704[/yt]

Btw, just took my 3 eldest boys to see Weird Al in concert a couple weeks ago.  One word - awesome!  My brother-in-law just met him in Des Moines yesterday since he dressed up in full Star Wars gear and got to be up on stage with him.  That's a bit too much for me.
"Whenever anything disagreeable or displeasing happens to you, remember Christ crucified and be silent."
—St John of the Cross

erin is nice