Any word from Ches?

Started by diaduit, September 16, 2020, 02:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diaduit

Haven't seen a post in sometime.  Any news?  Hope all is ok.

Jayne

I was thinking about him too.  I haven't heard from him, but I saw on his profile that he logged in a few days ago.  I'm hoping that is a good sign.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Greg

I was wondering about him too.  Said a whole Rosary for him today and last week.

He's been gone a while.  I think he must have taken the dogma of the faith for a walk.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Non Nobis

Quote from: Heinrich on September 19, 2020, 07:23:01 PM
May I ask about Martin here?

I'm sure Ches wouldn't mind, unless you want to start another thread.

Of course you did just ask, but I'll repeat "Any word from martin88nyc"?  His last post is in July and his health is always so problematic.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Kaesekopf

I've sent a PM off to Ches, haven't heard back yet...
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Greg on September 19, 2020, 02:56:22 PM
I was wondering about him too.  Said a whole Rosary for him today and last week.

He's been gone a while.  I think he must have taken the dogma of the faith for a walk.

That did make me laugh

We did get a dog though!!
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Jayne

Thanks for posting, Ches.  Please keep in touch from time to time.  It is worrisome when you drop out of sight.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Non Nobis

Quote from: Chestertonian on September 20, 2020, 07:46:47 PM
Quote from: Greg on September 19, 2020, 02:56:22 PM

That did make me laugh

We did get a dog though!!

I just saw this response today - so glad to hear from you Ches!  I'm happy to hear you got a dog, I know that is supposed to be a good thing for a family even though by happenstance I'm a cat person (and grew up in a cat family).

Keep us posted if you can; you have been a great part of this forum.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!