Childhood vaccinations - yea or nay?

Started by Kaesekopf, April 24, 2023, 05:56:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TradGranny

Quote from: ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez on September 08, 2023, 11:24:50 AM
Quote from: TradGranny on September 08, 2023, 11:02:08 AMOver 20 years ago I was told I had an inoperable brain tumor and six months to live.

Happy you're still around.

Thank you Chairman. Hope this info will help someone take deep dive into medical journals before injecting their little ones with monkey viruses etc.
To have courage for whatever comes in life - everything lies in that.
Saint Teresa of Avila

OCLittleFlower

I've personally suffered two vaccine adverse effects (and no, I never took or even considered taking the Covid jab). If you're curious about the details, PM, but these were years ago. I still live with daily adverse effects, including dizzy spells and motion sickness. I also can't remember large chunks of my first semester of college.

We were on the fence about giving our kids any vaccines when I failed to recover from the second adverse event, which was caused by a vaccine recommended for travel. We'd never planned to give them anything from a fetal cell line, but wound up falling into the category of giving nothing. That said, they'd gotten some jabs before we met and adopted them. They're both very hardy, almost never sick with colds, etc, that jabbed children they take extracurriculars with seem to suffer with constantly. They'll go years without a single sniffle even if exposed to sick people. My son, who had fewer vaccines than my daughter, has no allergies. She had more jabs and has food allergies.

I really do wonder about autoimmune issues and vaccines, though I think there are other factors, too, including genetics and overly clean and chemical-filled environments. Whatever you decide to do about shots, make sure your kids play outside in the dirt and are exposed to a varied diet and spend time around animals.

As far as restrictions on life from not getting shots, no one has ever asked for shot records for extracurriculars or any other activity. Granted, we live in a place where I've never even been asked for a Covid card, even back when that was a thing. I understand it can be different in other parts of the state. Get a doctor who supports your freedom to decide, and you'll do fine. Now, in California, you can't legally attend public or private school without a vaccine record or medical exemption, but if you homeschool it's a non-issue and I've heard of smaller private schools that resist the government on the issue.
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Kaesekopf on April 24, 2023, 09:58:50 PMThe big impetus is some friends from church are way into Pam Acker and her book on vaccinations. 

The stuff she spouted on some podcast or something didn't pass my sniff test, so I'm trying to delve a little more into it.  So far, I've seen her use scare language to justify her position.  She also plays fast and loose with some things, so it's made me... wary.  The problem with me, too, is I can figure out things enough to be dangerous, but I'll never be a doctor and I'll never have moral certitude.  :lol: 

I appreciate the posts, Francisco.  If you've got more, keep 'em coming.  :lol: 

Pam Acker is full of crap
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

LausTibiChriste

How dare you appeal to authority like that bro
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

OzarkCatholic

Delayed schedule, primarily due to son's immune issues and severe egg allergy. Egg white is a common ingredient in several pediatric vaccines.
Feels like Groundhog Day again.

diaduit

Quote from: OzarkCatholic on September 25, 2023, 08:50:13 PMDelayed schedule, primarily due to son's immune issues and severe egg allergy. Egg white is a common ingredient in several pediatric vaccines.

Should he not avoid vaccines altogether? it was standard practice up to 20 years ago that vaccines were not given to anybody with auto immune issues but that went out the window. 
My friends daughter got severe egg allergy from vaccines.