The Church Courtyard > Ask a Traditionalist

Should Catholics reject modern medicine?

(1/7) > >>

Chestertonian:
Fr Schneider on his blog posted a list of other medications that, like the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines, were tested on HEK293 cell lines

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/throughcatholiclenses/2021/01/if-any-drug-tested-on-hek-293-is-immoral-goodbye-modern-medicine/

The other drugs include:

Tylenol/acetaminophen
Advil/Motrin/ibuprofen
Aleve/naproxen sodium
Aspirin
Sudafed
Benadryl
Sudafed
Claritin/loratidine
Dextromethorphan/Tussin/Robitussin
Guafenisin/Mucinex
 Tums
Maalox
Colace
Exlax
Preparation H
Sudafed PE
Lidocaine/Lidoderm
Omeprazole/Prilosec
Albuterol
Losartan/metoprolol/lopressor/valsartan
Atorvastatin/Lipitor
Levothyroxine/synthroid
Hydroxychloroquine/Plaquenil
Ivermectin
Azithromycin/Zithromax
Remdesivor
Enbrel
Metformin/glucophage
Cerivastatin/Fluvastatin/pravastatin
Simvastatin/Zocor

And that's just some of the most commonly used medications.  Why is it that trads seem fixated on vaccines tested on HEK293 but not other pharmaceutical products?  I know it's a bit more common among trads to embrace "natural" remedies and avoid using medication but what I tend to see is that many turn to conventional medicine if the natural stuff isn't enough. 

Obviously I'm not one of said Catholics... I got vaccinated as soon as I could.  But many Catholics I know have jumped on the antivax train even though they're not specifically anti medicine

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez:
The majority of those drugs are actually lifesaving and without ethical alternatives.

Prayerful:
The COVID jab appears to do nothing for most, and it positively dangerous for some. The list above are often provide the only chance to the gravely ill.

That said the LC priest has a point. His list is only partial and it also includes a lot of commonly used products. HEK-293 has been used for testing and developing a vast array of treatments. Fr suggests encouraging a move away from it.

diaduit:
Not a problem for me to avoid those as there are alternatives for them.

I took my Dad off Lipitor for his cholesterol and literally overnight (not literally like a surfer dude uses but literally in the real sense) his cognitive function improved unbelievably to the point that he shocked everyone for months after with how he was doing.

I fixed my 15 year low blood pressure problem with hawthorn tincture.

I am having great success with my breathing allergies with homeopathic remedies.

oh and btw hydroxychloroquine is on the market for over 60 years, HEK cells are only used since 1972 and I find it funny that the 3 actual worthwhile cures for covid are on this list....I looked very briefly at some of the published material and they were experiments carried out not by the makers of the drug or the inventors but research teams who were testing these products for other reasons in last 15 years....long after the development of the product.  Its like I form a research team to test sudafed using hek cells to see if they turn the tablet pink, that does not make sudafed immoral or culpable ....I am open to correction on that but it was a brief look.

Fr Schneider is as covid cult as you can get.

Christe Eleison:

--- Quote from: diaduit on August 28, 2021, 03:37:05 PM ---Not a problem for me to avoid those as there are alternatives for them.

I took my Dad off Lipitor for his cholesterol and literally overnight (not literally like a surfer dude uses but literally in the real sense) his cognitive function improved unbelievably to the point that he shocked everyone for months after with how he was doing.

I fixed my 15 year low blood pressure problem with hawthorn tincture.

I am having great success with my breathing allergies with homeopathic remedies.

oh and btw hydroxychloroquine is on the market for over 60 years, HEK cells are only used since 1972 and I find it funny that the 3 actual worthwhile cures for covid are on this list....I looked very briefly at some of the published material and they were experiments carried out not by the makers of the drug or the inventors but research teams who were testing these products for other reasons in last 15 years....long after the development of the product.  Its like I form a research team to test sudafed using hek cells to see if they turn the tablet pink, that does not make sudafed immoral or culpable ....I am open to correction on that but it was a brief look.

Fr Schneider is as covid cult as you can get.

--- End quote ---

Dear DIADUIT, :seeya:

I miss seeing you around the forum, like in the past!
I bet you are glad now, that you got those chicks & goat, right? ;)

Do you know the reason/cause behind the low blood pressure?

I have read that it can often be due to dehydration....

One of the things that I dislike about doctors & pharmaceuticals, is that they never try to find the reason, why you have this or that, just pop a pill to mitigate the problem, not solve the underlying issue.

Thanks in advance!

God Bless you & your loved ones! :pray2:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version