Good bye

Started by christulsa, March 07, 2021, 05:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

christulsa

I know I've said this before, as others have but I've decided to leave the forum for good.  I will not be posting again here.  My reasons:

1. I'm here mainly for fellowship.  There is very little real fellowship here most of the time, despite good intentions of many.

2. The petty unprovoked ridiculing, sniping, insults.  The near constant unprovoked sniping for the last 8 mos by Heinrich, with not a peep from others about it, is one example.  The dude recently revealed private judgments about me from supposedly local Trads in Tulsa he says he somehow talked to that say I'm not a good Catholic or masculine.   That would have to be Gardener since he lived here last year and is close friends with Heinrich. Thanks guys, mission accomplished.  There is no justification for that level of calumny, and no one called him on that except me. But I'm also guilty of the insults  before getting drawn into defending myself and others "fighting back."  As I did toward GoG who is obviously here to divide and cause harm.  I'm not without sin in this regard, but it's not a habit over the years, but rather being a peacemaker and one to build up rather than tear down.

3.  The worst acts of meanness and hatred are not uncommon here.  Worse, there is a tendency to support the instigator at least indirectly and to not defend those attacked. 

4. Trad priests have many times recommend avoiding these places.  From the pulpit. I should have listened to that advise.

5. The complete lack of moderation and uneven-handedness in tolerating the most extreme of trolls. 

6. Last but not least is the common promotion of attitudes and beliefs that are actually heresy/schism, leading readers to hell.  Whether it's Jansenism, Feeneyism, Radical Sedevacantism, The Catholic version of the Prosperity Gospel, or any other form of traditionalist fundamentalism.  This is extremely scandalizing for traditional Catholics. 

And to be clear, I'm not condemning individuals or making insults in this post, nor do I think the majority are bad Catholics, or Jansenists and narcissistic jerks. Most I find edifying here on an individual level apart from the setting, to be good Catholics.  And I do not pretend I'm a saintly Catholic to be followed.  Sincerely I wish you all well, and will pray for the people here. 

Peace and good bye.

Heinrich

Quote from: christulsa on March 07, 2021, 05:52:46 PM
The petty unprovoked ridiculing, sniping, insults.  The near constant unprovoked sniping for the last 8 mos by Heinrich, with not a peep from others about it, is one example.  The dude recently revealed private judgments about me from supposed local Trads in Tulsa he says he somehow talked to that say I'm not a good Catholic or masculine.   That would have to be Gardener since he lived here last here and is close friends with Heinrich.

Get over yourself, grow up and learn to be honest. See you in a few weeks.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

nmoerbeek

I know I've said this before, as others have but I've decided to leave the forum for good.  I will not be posting again here.  My reasons:

1. I'm here mainly for fellowship.  There is very little real fellowship here most of the time, despite good intentions of many.

2. The petty unprovoked ridiculing, sniping, insults.  The near constant unprovoked sniping for the last 8 mos by Heinrich, with not a peep from others about it, is one example.  The dude recently revealed private judgments about me from supposedly local Trads in Tulsa he says he somehow talked to that say I'm not a good Catholic or masculine.   That would have to be Gardener since he lived here last year and is close friends with Heinrich. Thanks guys, mission accomplished.  There is no justification for that level of calumny, and no one called him on that except me. But I'm also guilty of the insults  before getting drawn into defending myself and others "fighting back."  As I did toward GoG who is obviously here to divide and cause harm.  I'm not without sin in this regard, but it's not a habit over the years, but rather being a peacemaker and one to build up rather than tear down.

3.  The worst acts of meanness and hatred are not uncommon here.  Worse, there is a tendency to support the instigator at least indirectly and to not defend those attacked. 

4. Trad priests have many times recommend avoiding these places.  From the pulpit. I should have listened to that advise.

5. The complete lack of moderation and uneven-handedness in tolerating the most extreme of trolls. 

6. Last but not least is the common promotion of attitudes and beliefs that are actually heresy/schism, leading readers to hell.  Whether it's Jansenism, Feeneyism, Radical Sedevacantism, The Catholic version of the Prosperity Gospel, or any other form of traditionalist fundamentalism.  This is extremely scandalizing for traditional Catholics. 

And to be clear, I'm not condemning individuals or making insults in this post, nor do I think the majority are bad Catholics, or Jansenists and narcissistic jerks. Most I find edifying here on an individual level apart from the setting, to be good Catholics.  And I do not pretend I'm a saintly Catholic to be followed.  Sincerely I wish you all well, and will pray for the people here. 

Peace and good bye.

I hope the best for you friend.

Peace and good bye.
"Let me, however, beg of Your Beatitude...
not to think so much of what I have written, as of my good and kind intentions. Please look for the truths of which I speak rather than for beauty of expression. Where I do not come up to your expectations, pardon me, and put my shortcomings down, please, to lack of time and stress of business." St. Bonaventure, From the Preface of Holiness of Life.

Apostolate:
http://www.alleluiaaudiobooks.com/
Contributor:
http://unamsanctamcatholicam.blogspot.com/
Lay Association:
http://www.militiatempli.net/

Hat And Beard

Hi Chris,
I think that there's a lot of wisdom in recognizing that posting on these forums is bad, especially this one. I hope you find better fellowship elsewhere.

coffeeandcigarette

Quote from: Hat And Beard on March 07, 2021, 07:28:31 PM
Hi Chris,
I think that there's a lot of wisdom in recognizing that posting on these forums is bad, especially this one. I hope you find better fellowship elsewhere.

Yeah, like in real life, and with your wife. Think about all the men who struck out west back in the day with only themselves for company for months at a time. Sometimes they had a wife with them and they two were a society unto themselves. I think they learned to really think, and gained wisdom. It certainly does strengthen your marriage to be so close and supportive of each other. You might find it better for your heart/soul/mind to do this than anything else; you will certainly learn more in the real world than here.

Gardener

Peace and good bye.

If you intended to drag my username into your umpteenth post about quitting this forum, it would seem proper to specify what those so-called private judgements were specifically, and where he posted them, considering I've never said to Heinrich you are a bad Catholic or not masculine.

As such, with nothing but a nebulous charge against myself as having committed calumny (or was it detraction?), I can only counter that I deny having said such things, given I had to ask Heinrich what you were talking about and he didn't have a clue.

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

ralfy

Traditionalism usually refers to the EF and the Roman Catholic Church, but most don't know that there are actually several liturgies that are part of Church history, that according to Pope Benedict XVI may be part of the OF, that the idea of a vernacular has been part of the heart of the Church (e.g., Aramaic and Greek, then Latin, then many other languages for at least one Church), that there are several Catholic Churches (currently, 24), that there's a NT that in several ways responds to the OT, especially in light of what the Church calls "social teaching," that the EF was brought back  because it was never abrogated and that several miss it, that according to Pope Benedict XVI, both the OF and the EF are one and the same rite, and that the idea of "tradition" changes in other parts of the world, especially that part that is poor and may soon dominate the Church.

But when schism reigns and driven by definitions of "bad" and "good" Catholics, all of these points are forgotten.

Xavier

Chris, like Nmoerbeek, I pray for you and wish the best for you, and for your family. I hope you return one day, but for now, it may be God's Will, and good for you, as CC, to have some more free time to spend with your wife and wonderful family, which is God's Great Gift to you. We should all appreciate our families more, and be grateful for the time we get to spend together with them. SD cannot replace that. SD can be a universal Catholic fellowship where we gather for prayer and pleasant discussion, but family is family after all.

And without knowing the backstory here, I wish we would all have Charity for one another, whatever our differences. As Traditional Catholics, we probably agree 99% with each other already. Whatever it is we disagree on, let us always try to do so with kindness, gentleness and respect to other Catholics whom we disagree, as St. Peter (2 Pet 3:15) commands us to do even to other non-Christians

Our Lord said the world would know we are Christians by our Love: "By this shall all men know that you are My disciples, if you have love one for another." (Jn 13:35)

Whatever it is, as Scripture says (Rom 8:28), all things work together for Good for those who love God, so this must be for the best. Take care and we'll miss you. Have a blessed Lent.
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

Jayne

I've been checking into to forum over the last few days (for a prayer request and followup) and noticed that christulsa is regularly logging into SD.

Chris, if you really want to "leave forever" I recommend that you go cold turkey without lurking.  This is probably why your many attempts to "leave forever" keep on failing.  You continue to hold on to the forum in your mind.

By the way, my prediction was correct:  https://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=24762.msg520187#msg520187
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Heinrich

Quote from: Jayne on March 24, 2021, 06:50:23 AM
I've been checking into to forum over the last few days (for a prayer request and followup) and noticed that christulsa is regularly logging into SD.

Chris, if you really want to "leave forever" I recommend that you go cold turkey without lurking.  This is probably why your many attempts to "leave forever" keep on failing.  You continue to hold on to the forum in your mind.

By the way, my prediction was correct:  https://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=24762.msg520187#msg520187

It is only a matter of time before he comes back to "clean house."
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Mono no aware

Quote from: Jayne on March 24, 2021, 06:50:23 AMI've been checking into to forum over the last few days (for a prayer request and followup) and noticed that christulsa is regularly logging into SD.

In order to be fair to christulsa, I don't know if this was a matter of him "holding on to the forum in his mind."  I had sent him a message on here, which was auto-forwarded to his e-mail, and I think his recent log-ins were for the purpose of writing back on a few points, not lurking.

That said, it probably does him little credit to have been corresponding with a forum gadfly, but I should also note that his replies were evangelistic in nature.  That is all.

Heinrich

Quote from: Pon de Replay on March 24, 2021, 12:35:52 PM
Quote from: Jayne on March 24, 2021, 06:50:23 AMI've been checking into to forum over the last few days (for a prayer request and followup) and noticed that christulsa is regularly logging into SD.

In order to be fair to christulsa, I don't know if this was a matter of him "holding on to the forum in his mind."  I had sent him a message on here, which was auto-forwarded to his e-mail, and I think his recent log-ins were for the purpose of writing back on a few points, not lurking.

That said, it probably does him little credit to have been corresponding with a forum gadfly, but I should also note that his replies were evangelistic in nature.  That is all.

Many of his replies contain consciously written falsehoods. For example, this latest "adieu."

trentcath

Let's turn this into the FE debacle please lol.

christulsa

I stand by every statement in the OP, except the statement that I won't post ever again.  I apologize to the forum, that was a mistake of judgment. 

I will however join the majority of members here who do not post here often if rarely because of the typical behavior and errors being spread by the few, and post as needed either to share Catholic Truth, correct the Errors, or connect with good-willed individuals.   As I have in the past.   Hopefully one day with moderation the forum will be a Catholic community as it was in its earlier days (I credit Insanis with making this point), especially considering many people around the world read this every day (tens of thousands, consider that).

Pax.

dellery

Quote from: christulsa on June 12, 2021, 10:39:55 AM
I stand by every statement in the OP, except the statement that I won't post ever again.  I apologize to the forum, that was a mistake of judgment. 

I will however join the majority of members here who do not post here often if rarely because of the typical behavior and errors being spread by the few, and post as needed either to share Catholic Truth, correct the Errors, or connect with good-willed individuals.   As I have in the past.   Hopefully one day with moderation the forum will be a Catholic community as it was in its earlier days (I credit Insanis with making this point), especially considering many people around the world read this every day (tens of thousands, consider that).

Pax.

This is why Catholics don't have Catholic places. Why is it always somebody else's responsibility to make someplace Catholic enough for us?? A good way to ensure no place is ever Catholic enough to our liking is to constantly retreat like cowards.
Pathetic.
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.