Brits - where to live in the UK?

Started by LausTibiChriste, January 20, 2024, 02:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Wilson

Quote from: Lynne on January 23, 2024, 06:39:17 PMIreland is a dumpster fire. (I say that with great sadness).
B.B.T. Loved Ireland and thought the Irish were the nicest people that he had met; but he didn't see any future (baring a miracle) for the survival of the faith in Ireland.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

diaduit

Quote from: Greg on January 21, 2024, 06:16:23 PMWatch this.

Chinese commie freaks and police Karens.

https://www.youtube.com/live/65iwnI2hjAA?si=oldlIjjZ5u0NBUAF

Avoid London at all costs.

A follow up video on unseen footage makes this incident even more strange.(not a long video, less than 2 mins)

drummerboy

On a serious note: France may be on fire - figuratively and literally - at the moment, but that also means the country is waking up to how their govt's been screwing them over, so I say there's more hope there than England.   

Or, just follow your nose, and pick who has the best food  ;D
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Greg

Decent French food is much harder to find in France today compared to 30-40 years ago.  You need to be willing to spend 70 dollars per head in a provincial town or 100 per head in a major city for a meal that would make you think French cooking was decent.  You won't eat good French food by accident in a normal restaurant and women aged under 60 don't have the time or inclination  to cook.  The best meal I ever ate cooked at home in France was cooked by a former member of the French Foreign Legion (who had taught him to cook).

Lots of junk food restaurants in France now.  Very many.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Greg on January 29, 2024, 03:44:54 PMDecent French food is much harder to find in France today compared to 30-40 years ago.  You need to be willing to spend 70 dollars per head in a provincial town or 100 per head in a major city for a meal that would make you think French cooking was decent.  You won't eat good French food by accident in a normal restaurant and women aged under 60 don't have the time or inclination  to cook.  The best meal I ever ate cooked at home in France was cooked by a former member of the French Foreign Legion (who had taught him to cook).

I am a French Onion Soup fiend and when I was in France over a decade ago I was horrified with the quality of the onion soup there - it was atrocious. I stuck with my Canadian steakhouse French Onion Soup ever since.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

diaduit

Does anyone know anything about Liechtenstein? A lot of wealth and a Royal family whom one of the princes married an American pro lifer.  Rich people get protected and that country is full of wealth.

Greg

It's just a tax haven for the rich.  Left alone because they handle the money of the rich.  But silent, completely silent against the rising tide of evil.

Thus acquiescing to the satanic new world order.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

drummerboy

Quote from: Greg on January 29, 2024, 03:44:54 PMDecent French food is much harder to find in France today compared to 30-40 years ago.  You need to be willing to spend 70 dollars per head in a provincial town or 100 per head in a major city for a meal that would make you think French cooking was decent.  You won't eat good French food by accident in a normal restaurant and women aged under 60 don't have the time or inclination  to cook.  The best meal I ever ate cooked at home in France was cooked by a former member of the French Foreign Legion (who had taught him to cook).

You confirm what I've read elsewhere, too bad.  The number of bakeries is also shrinking.  It seems the overall quality of what you buy in the market-to cook yourself-is better than in the States though.
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne