Started by Daniel, January 23, 2018, 07:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel

MundaCorMeum

This is going to be Pon's favorite thread ever!!

Gardener

... . = SE = Latin "by himself/herself"

I don't understand this game. Is it a game of loneliness?
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Prayerful

This three dot game sounds a clever, edgy thing.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Greg

..-. ..- -.-. -.-     --- ..-. ..-.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Prayerful

Quote from: Greg on January 25, 2018, 05:18:56 PM
..-. ..- -.-. -.-     --- ..-. ..-.

That's rude.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Daniel

All right. The dots was just me editing the thread, to erase that which I had originally posted, or at least to cover it up.

So the original question, before I edited it, was this puzzle: How can you move a single line in this expression:
IX + VI = XI
such as to make it a true statement? (And you're not allowed to do anything to the + or = sign.)

I came across this a while back (somebody had posted it somewhere), but so far I don't think I've figured out the answer. I came up with a few ideas, but I'm not sure they're legal moves. (I suppose it's also possible that it doesn't have an answer...)