Japanese or Russian?

Started by Heinrich, December 30, 2012, 12:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OCLittleFlower

-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

dymphna17

Definitely Russian.  My name is pronounced correctly every time in Russian.  lol  Also, they have such a fascinating history and culture.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Ancilla Domini

Did you ever reach a decision, Heinrich?

(Hoping to catch you on a Sunday!)  :)

voxxpopulisuxx

Russian as I am eastern rite and Ive always wanted to visit russia. I actually lived in Japan when I was a very small boy..my memories are of the odor of fish and burning propane.....I actually watched Ultra-Man when it was a new show IN Japan...
that being said I think Japanese women are prettier....sometimes....then again Russian woman...oh never mind its lent.
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

Heinrich

Quote from: Ancilla Domini on February 17, 2013, 12:22:48 PM

Yes. French.  ;D
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

maryslittlegarden

For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Ancilla Domini

Quote from: Heinrich on February 17, 2013, 03:49:17 PM
Quote from: Ancilla Domini on February 17, 2013, 12:22:48 PM

Yes. French.  ;D

An excellent choice! :)  But why?

Heinrich

"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Ancilla Domini

God told you to learn French? Did He say why?

Heinrich

Quote from: Ancilla Domini on February 17, 2013, 07:02:18 PM
God told you to learn French? Did He say why?

No. And no. Did God tell you to become a professor of French?

Ancilla Domini

Quote from: Heinrich on February 17, 2013, 07:04:36 PMNo. And no. Did God tell you to become a professor of French?

No, He didn't. I had my own reasons for learning French. I was hoping to hear yours. But I won't insist.   

Ancilla Domini

And I'm not actually a "professor of French".