Hi everyone, new here!

Started by MrsBonaventure, January 26, 2017, 03:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrsBonaventure

My husband finally convinced me to join. I don't know if you guys know him...

What brings you to SD? Husband is a "big shot" here
Are you a member of other Internet fora?  If so, care to mention which one(s)? No.
Why did you choose your username and avatar? Well, because I am married, and I love the Little Flower
What is your state of life - single, married, religious, or still discerning? I am married
Whereabouts do you live "in real life"? (be as specific or as general as you wish!) I live on an Island here in the Pacific
Personality type? I'm a serious type, sometimes shy, but a great friend and loyal.
Favorite books? I love Mitch Albom, also the religious texts I read as a sister for five years.
Favorite movies? Titanic is my fave. Also love Marvel movies.
Favorite TV shows? I love watching what comes TV here, like Ang Probinsyano and On the Wings of Love
Favorite sports/teams I played volleyball in college, and now am a huge Golden State Warriors fan.
Have any hobbies? I like annoying my husband.
Pet peeves: Stupid people, the government
Fun random fact about yourself: I live on an island, but I don't know how to swim  ;D I was a sister (temp vows) for five years.

Kaesekopf

Welcome!

You poor, poor thing.

:lol:
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

MrsBonaventure

Quote from: Kaesekopf on January 26, 2017, 03:56:17 AM
Welcome!

You poor, poor thing.

:lol:

Well, my marriage was the greatest thing to happen to me, haha  :laugh: :laugh:

Lynne

Welcome! It's great to have you here.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Greg

Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

LausTibiChriste

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

clau clau

Welcome.

My Mother was very devoted to St. Theresa of Lisieux.  She was born 100 years to the day after St. Theresa's Mother, Zelie (and I think she died on the same day of the year 28th August).

Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

OCLittleFlower

-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

MundaCorMeum

Glad to have you, and welcome  :)

MilesChristi

The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

Carleendiane

Welcome Mrs. B. Looking forward to getting to know Bon's better half :D
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Jayne

How exciting to have a celebrity join.   :)

Welcome to the forum. 
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

dymphna17

Welcome, Mrs. B!  I look forward to reading your posts.  My Confirmation saint is St. Therese of Lisieux.  She was such an amazing person and we couldn't ask for a better example to try to follow.  Being in the convent must have been a wonderful primer before marriage.  God was holding you close until Bon could get it together and be worthy of you.  No offense, Bon.  ;)  I hope you enjoy your time at SD.   :seeya:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica