I was unable to make my easter vigil

Started by Fursey, March 31, 2024, 02:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fursey

Long story short I am still serving in the military and I had to adjust my leave for family reasons, meaning I couldn't make it back until after the vigil was over. My question is, is this vigil the only point of entry to becoming catholic? Must I wait another year? If so, so be it. I am just curious
Domine Deus,
amo te super omnia
et proximum meum propter te,
quia tu es summum, infinitum,
et perfectissimum bonum,
omni dilectione dignum.
In hac caritate
vivere et mori statuo.
Amen.

Michael Wilson

Not at all; it is just the one time of the year when the conferring of Baptism is part of the liturgy; one can be received into the Church any time.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

benedicite

I would suggest that you make an appointment with the priest and explain your situation to him and then go from there.