Happy Feast Day!

Started by Bernadette, February 11, 2016, 07:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on March 05, 2016, 06:28:19 PM
Quote from: Chestertonian on February 12, 2016, 07:36:24 AM
Quote from: Rose on February 12, 2016, 06:49:44 AM
Totally missed this one, sorry everyone... I prayed the novena faithfully but with being ill I completely forgot about the shrine visit.
you can create a mini shrine in an Altoids tin

that's what my wife did for me one year wasn't our lady of lourdes but you could do one

My two older girls each made one of these as a craft with their Little Flowers group.  One of my favorite crafts they have ever made. They each keep theirs on the shelf attached to their bed frame. You could even store a small Rosary in it. Mine keep saint medal in theirs.

Anyone got links to how to do this?  This sounds like a neat project, and I know of a few groups that might be interested in doing it as well....
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Kaesekopf on March 05, 2016, 06:36:35 PM
Totally missed this one, sorry everyone... I prayed the novena faithfully but with being ill I completely forgot about the shrine visit.

that's what my wife did for me one year wasn't our lady of lourdes but you could do one

My two older girls each made one of these as a craft with their Little Flowers group.  One of my favorite crafts they have ever made. They each keep theirs on the shelf attached to their bed frame. You could even store a small Rosary in it. Mine keep saint medal in theirs.

Anyone got links to how to do this?  This sounds like a neat project, and I know of a few groups that might be interested in doing it as well....

No link, but if you do a google image search, you can get a good idea of what they look like. I think the Mom who runs our group found the idea on Pinterest, but I don't know if she used a link, or just ran with the picture. She spray painted the tins gold, the had antique style pictures (also from a Google image search, I'm sure) of Our Lady printed on some antique looking paper.  She also printed copies of various morning offering prayers on the same paper.  Obviously, they were all cutout and sized to fit in the altoid tin. Then, she bought various accents from Hobby Lobby for the girls to decorate with....stick on jewels, mini flowers, glittermglue, etc....you could decorate in a more masculine way, of course.  That's just what 5-10 year old girls like :)

Kaesekopf

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on March 05, 2016, 06:42:40 PM

No link, but if you do a google image search, you can get a good idea of what they look like. I think the Mom who runs our group found the idea on Pinterest, but I don't know if she used a link, or just ran with the picture. She spray painted the tins gold, the had antique style pictures (also from a Google image search, I'm sure) of Our Lady printed on some antique looking paper.  She also printed copies of various morning offering prayers on the same paper.  Obviously, they were all cutout and sized to fit in the altoid tin. Then, she bought various accents from Hobby Lobby for the girls to decorate with....stick on jewels, mini flowers, glittermglue, etc....you could decorate in a more masculine way, of course.  That's just what 5-10 year old girls like :)

Legit.

I am unimaginative, so that's part of my holdup.  :lol:  But, I will check those out.  Sounds like a great idea to do.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Kaesekopf on March 05, 2016, 06:49:46 PM
Quote from: MundaCorMeum on March 05, 2016, 06:42:40 PM

Legit.

I am unimaginative, so that's part of my holdup.  :lol:  But, I will check those out.  Sounds like a great idea to do.

Yeah, I'm not really creative, either. I am crafty, and can implement other people's ideas, but I can rarely come up with my own.  Thus the google image search suggestion ;). The basic gist is to just cover the box, then paste holy images, prayers, or items to the inside.  It can be as simple or elaborate from there as you like. I even saw on one pic that someone put a small tea candle in theirs. Then, you could just open the box up, stand it up vertically, and light the candle in front of it while you pray. It looked like a great idea for someone who travels and stays in hotels often.

Chestertonian

Would be a good service project do for servicemen bring deployed, hospitals nursing homes,
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"