New Ordinariate Rite of Mass posted and compared to the BDW

Started by Parresia, October 29, 2013, 07:53:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parresia

Quote from: Parresia on December 03, 2013, 11:12:40 PM
Quote from: Hohenstaufen on December 03, 2013, 10:54:43 PM
I have been attending here and it is a beautiful liturgy.  As a former Anglican myself, I may be a bit biased, but I personally feel that it combines the best aesthetic features of the Anglican liturgy (Tudor language, beautiful English hymns) with the reverence of the Tridentine rite.

That said, I haven't been to a mass with the new changes yet.  Last weekend was the first mass with these implemented, and I wasn't able to make it over (it's a bit of a drive for me).  I plan on attending this Sunday, so I'll come back with my impressions.

I look forward to your thoughts.  Hopefully there is video up soon with all of the most traditional options being used.

Well, the new Mass has been in effect for several weeks now.  Do you have any impressions that you can share? 

+Pax

Hohenstaufen

Quote from: Parresia on December 25, 2013, 10:48:34 PM
I have been attending here and it is a beautiful liturgy.  As a former Anglican myself, I may be a bit biased, but I personally feel that it combines the best aesthetic features of the Anglican liturgy (Tudor language, beautiful English hymns) with the reverence of the Tridentine rite.

That said, I haven't been to a mass with the new changes yet.  Last weekend was the first mass with these implemented, and I wasn't able to make it over (it's a bit of a drive for me).  I plan on attending this Sunday, so I'll come back with my impressions.

I look forward to your thoughts.  Hopefully there is video up soon with all of the most traditional options being used.

Well, the new Mass has been in effect for several weeks now.  Do you have any impressions that you can share? 

+Pax

Parresia

Quote from: Hohenstaufen on December 26, 2013, 10:14:53 AM
Quote from: Parresia on December 25, 2013, 10:48:34 PM

+Pax

?

Parresia

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f37Eu7aqzI[/yt]

One of the things which helped me become more comfortable with the idea of bringing certain aspects of Anglican liturgy into the Catholic Church was this talk by Abbot Cassian of Norica Abbey on the letters of Pope St. Gregory the Great to St. Augustine of Canterbury. 

+Pax   

Parresia

Here is the first video I have been able to find of the Ordinariate Mass.  This is of the Midnight Mass for Christmas 2013.  There appears to be the typical Christmas concert prior to the actual beginning of Mass. 

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca9vhes6qeg[/yt]

rbjmartin

So do they have the option of using the Prayers at the Foot of the Altar under the revised ordinariate Mass? During the Introit in the video, that appears to be what they're doing.

Parresia

Quote from: rbjmartin on January 02, 2014, 10:32:11 AM
So do they have the option of using the Prayers at the Foot of the Altar under the revised ordinariate Mass? During the Introit in the video, that appears to be what they're doing.

Yes they do, as well as the last gospel.  Earlier in the thread there is a PDF of the Order of Mass as well as several articles on the details of what was included, etc. 

The Harlequin King

Parresia

Quote from: The Harlequin King on January 02, 2014, 04:39:53 PM
The original link for the pdf didn't work for me.

I'm not sure why.  I just tried it and had no problem, plus several others have managed to make it work.  Who knows?   ???

You can find it here as well: https://www.facebook.com/groups/AngloCatholic/files/

The Harlequin King

Quote from: Parresia on January 02, 2014, 11:53:41 PM

I'm not sure why.  I just tried it and had no problem, plus several others have managed to make it work.  Who knows?   ???

You can find it here as well: https://www.facebook.com/groups/AngloCatholic/files/

I got it working on another computer. Interesting, thanks.

Parresia

Quote from: The Harlequin King on January 03, 2014, 01:08:43 AM
Quote from: Parresia on January 02, 2014, 11:53:41 PM

I got it working on another computer. Interesting, thanks.

No problem.  +Pax

The Harlequin King

Our Lady of the Atonement was originally very enthusiastic about the Ordinariate but backed out of it when the Ordinary was appointed. I wonder if they regret it now, upon seeing the revised liturgy.

Older Salt

Does anyone know if there is a list of Anglican Catholic Mass's in the US, preferably in North Carolina?
Stay away from the near occasion of sin

Unless one is deeply attached to the Blessed Virgin Mary, now in time, it impossible to attain salvation.

Parresia

Quote from: The Harlequin King on January 03, 2014, 09:36:57 AM
Our Lady of the Atonement was originally very enthusiastic about the Ordinariate but backed out of it when the Ordinary was appointed. I wonder if they regret it now, upon seeing the revised liturgy.

Fr. Christopher Phillips was on the committee that developed the Order of Mass for the Ordinariate and, according to my prior conversation with him, they will likely be adopting it at some point, along with the other parishes which are remaining in the Pastoral Provision.  To paraphrase what he said when I asked about his opinion on the new Order of Mass: it isn't perfect, but it is pretty good.  I just asked him again on his Facebook page and he typically is on there quite a bit.  I may be remembering it wrong, but it is my understanding that they are already using the Order for Marriages and Funerals which came out some time ago.

I had not heard anything about OLA backing out of the Ordinariates because of the Ordinary which was chosen.  Do you have any additional information on that? 

If I hear back from Fr. I will post it here. 

The Harlequin King

My remark on the Ordinary is likely an oversimplification, but there was a lot of discussion on it on the Anglo Catholic blog.