Recent posts

I think from my perspective, and from many people here, we cannot fathom how somebody could be so naive to believe in this fantasy, that somehow the post-agricultural revolution was a tyrannical form of oppression and that hunterer-gatherer societies were better.

I think there's one key answer: Talmudic Judaism and religions which mirror it - Islam, Evangelical Christianity, etc.

Catholicism (and other forms of Nicene Apostolic Christianity) was wise enough to recognize that life and society required different forms of individual expression in the ways in which we communed with God - and Catholicism allowed the veneration of many different Saints and Angels as role models who mirrored the virtues, both natural and supernatural, of Jesus Christ. Most especially the Virgin Mary, the Queen of Heaven, who's supernatural virtue personified the goodness of God in feminine expression. Sergius Bulgakov, a Russian Orthodox philosopher, even goes so far as to call the Virgin Mary an icon of the Greek Old Testament "Sofia", or Wisdom, given her supernatural virtue.

It was a "breathing of the Holy Spirit" into the paganism of old, which allowed similar expressions of individuality with the gods - Zeus, Athena, Aphrodite, Dionysus, Hermes, Apollo, etc.

Talmudic Judaism only permits one explicit way to God - Yahweh - with no intermediaries, and who does take on the personality of the Royal Patriarch.

I think what happens among Jews, Protestants, and Muslims is that they recognize the formative spiritual role that other personalities - especially women, mothers, grandmothers, romantic partners - play in the development of one's self, and when they see their religion explicitly denies them that, they have a dark psychological, but childlike reaction to that denial where they identify Yahweh, their community, and the entirety of Western civilization (which they project their community onto) as evil, false, and irredeemable, so they pendulum swing into what they perceive to be its positive opposite with no middle ground whatsoever, and that's this chaotic, anti-civilizational, feminine caricature - a caricature which denies the important and civilizing role women play in a person's formation, because it's a consequence of their engrained psychological Talmudic thinking patterns.

This is why I think Jews, Protestants, and Muslims get drawn into Marxism by the way - it's a narrative given by people with shared formative experiences.
Ps. "Spanish Brandy": Locate a bottle of "Cardenal Mendoza" brandy in a liquor store near by; you are in for a rare treat. Spain has two different types of brandy, one from the Barcelona area (Torres Family) and another from Jerez; the second is the more "Spanish" of the two. Worth a try. 
Quote from: Baylee on Today at 11:34:26 AMSorry MW. This wasn't just a friendly joking around. Clearly, I'm not the kind of sede welcome here. I'm not willing to keep my mouth shut nor to accept rude comments from anyone no matter their position on the forum just to keep the peace.  This was brewing for me for a while now.

Things like the opinion that the NO Rites is invalid is basically a forbidden topic because it offends those who are not thick-skinned around here.  It's just not in the forum rules. If they were honest, they would add it to the forum rules.
It is welcome on the sede thread; do you think we can post such remarks on most non-sed forums (C.I. excepted) forums?
Also, Bonaventure more or less agrees with the sed position; so he is basically engaging in self deprecating humor.
You are welcome here because the only person that has threatened to ban you (so to speak) is yourself.
Cool off for a couple of days, and see if you don't see things differently and don't leave.
Contemporary Marxism - whether you call it Cultural Marxism, Wokeism, Frankfurt School - the post Foucalt forms of Marxist strains of thought - have a very direct, explicit spiritual narrative. (I don't buy the notion that "Cultural Marxism" is a Bible thumping conspiracy right wing inbred conspiracy theory, https://web.archive.org/web/20140218194540/https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_Marxism)

You can find this in the book by Chris Harman's "People's History of the World" but also the writings of Wilhelm Reich.

These Marxists believe that before the agricultural revolution, we lived in a harmonious communal form of existence. There was no monogamy, no family unit - everyone was having sex without restraint and due to the archaic natural conditions, people were forced to cooperate and raise each other's kids.

Both Wilhelm Reich and Chris Harman believe that these tribes saw the natural world around them as divine, and connected their spirituality with worship of the Mother Earth.

When you look across the various pantheons of Europe and the Near-East, both Indo-European and Semitic, there's a recurring theme of Earth as a mother and the Sky as a father, who were thought to have played a role in producing the other gods (and subsequently humanity).

Therefore, both Reich and Harman believed that because this communal, orgiastic form of existence was more immediate in space and time to the natural world as a whole around them, that their spirituality was ultimately directed to the Earth as the Mother.

Then came the agricultural revolution, and the emergence of Judaism and Christianity. Both Harman and Reich identify Yahweh, or God the Father, with the Sky Father in these mythologies.
Worship rather than being immediate in time and space, to the natural world around us, was redirected to ideals "up in the clouds" so to speak. 

This coincided with the emergence of the patriarchal unit and the repression of people's more immediate, carnal, earthly needs. The Abrahamic faiths emerged in order to psychologically cause people to identify  the patriarchal family unit with the divine.

Sexual energy was redirected to organized religion, which existed as a way to distract people from their own immediate needs and wants and to keep the masculine hierarchical society running.

Both Reich and Harman wish to synthesize the pre-agricultural revolution past and the post-agricultural revolution present by unleashing sexuality into the world, and destroying the Abrahamic faiths. They believed the most effective form of revolution was to make society as sexual as possible, because this would re-orient our instincts to a pre-agricultural revolution, communal form of existence.

These philosophers and thinkers aren't unknown in Marxist circles. They are heavily venerated.

This is why Mother Earth worship became so prominent in the Hippy Movement in the 1960s and 1970s, and which is why Francis's Marxist devotees pulled the stunt they did. They were demonstrating to the world their political and social allegiance, because that caricaturized Amazonian world is precisely where they want to bring the world. Their ultimate deity is a gross caricature of Mother Earth that is synonymous with the collapse of civilization and the bringing back of more primitive times.
Quote(2) There remains a single Catholic Church which has become unreliable in all of its declarations.  (Why stop at sacraments?)  As we all know, indefectible does not mean perfect in its individual membership nor its leadership; it means ultimately incorruptible. A Church which lacks credibility in its official declarations of binding dogma (not opinion and theories but binding dogma -- i.e., truths) has become corrupted.
This is the crux of the problem; if the Catholic Church is a divine institution, then it should be reliable in all of its declarations, not just in its rare solemn pronouncements on dogma. What good is having a Church that can lead its faithful into sin and perdition except every 100 years or so, when it makes such pronouncements? 
General News and Discussion / Re: Russia Invades Ukraine
Last post by james03 - Today at 03:23:09 PM
That's the Russian Terminator.  Probably the coolest weapon on the battlefield, however you don't see a lot of them.
General News and Discussion / Simping for Eva
Last post by james03 - Today at 03:12:04 PM

QuoteIn an exclusive interview with Remix News, Dutch political commentator and lawyer Eva Vlaardingerbroek warns Europeans that they must take a stand against rapid demographic change or become a minority in their native countries. ...

Of course, you're going to be attacked if you say, "Hey, this continent, Europe, has been predominantly White for the entirety of its history, and now suddenly within one generation, a few bureaucrats have decided against the will of the people that we should suddenly be a minority. Why do we agree with that, or why do we allow that to happen?" If you say that, you are going to be attacked. ...

So, I don't have to be pointed at as the root of all evil, as the Neo-Marxist critical race theory does. I don't have to become a minority in my own country, as Joe Biden said would be "a good thing," would be "our strength." No, why actually? ...

You converted to Catholicism approximately a year ago. How has your Catholicism influenced your politics, if at all?
It has influenced my politics in the sense that my faith has become such a huge part of my life, that even more so than before, I feel like it would be completely disingenuous and wrong for me to exclude my faith from my political messaging.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/explain-me-why-we-dont-have-right-exist-eva-vlaardingerbroek-warns-whites-against-massive

More and more I think it will become obvious to people that Catholicism is the only solid, internally consistent intellectual movement on the right.  It is not by coincidence that the Catholics on the Supreme Court stand as a bulwark against the complete fulfillment of jewish terror State in the US.

General Catholic Discussion / Re: Would you rather...?
Last post by queen.saints - Today at 01:39:30 PM
Quote from: Michael Wilson on Today at 10:07:08 AMThe difference between the Catholic Church and all other groups, no matter how much they resemble the Catholic Church in doctrine or discipline, is that there is only one divine institution here on earth that is God's instrument for the salvation of mankind. The Catholic Church isn't the "best" among a group of similar institutions, but the only one of its kind: The Mystical Body of Christ.
The present crisis in the Church has caused many Catholics to lose sight of the fact, that just as during the Passion, our Lord's divine nature was obscured, so that it appeared that His enemies had triumphed over Him by killing Him; so in our present day, the divine nature of His Mystical Body is so obscured by the present crisis of the Church, that many have lost sight of this, and begin to see the Church just as "another" good group, but not as "The" Church.

Beautifully put and so true.

Just as we know that God never asks anything of us that isn't in our own very best interests and will make us not only the happiest we could ever be, but happy at all. Everything else will make us miserable, not just a little less happy.

And when He told us that there is only the One True Church that can bring us to Heaven, it was not because every other option would work a little less well, it was because every other option would not work at all and would lead to Hell.
General Catholic Discussion / Re: Would you rather...?
Last post by queen.saints - Today at 01:37:22 PM
Quote from: awkward customer on April 27, 2024, 03:36:21 AMI voted 'Other', a non-woke country with continuous access to the traditional sacraments.

Good choice.