Russians not worried about US navy

Started by james03, April 15, 2024, 09:15:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

james03

QuoteThe maintenance-embattled USS Boxer is heading back to San Diego just 10 days after deploying due to an engineering issue, as first reported by USNI News and confirmed to Military.com by Navy officials. ...

The Wasp, which is the same class of ship as the Boxer, departed Naval Station Norfolk, Virginia, in early March only to return shortly afterward. A spokesperson for Surface Force Atlantic told Military.com following the incident that "during the underway, the ship discovered an engineering irregularity" and "returned to port to effect repairs." ...

On April 8, the Navy's top leader, Adm. Lisa Franchetti, said that she had ordered a "deep dive" into numerous maintenance and readiness issues faced by the ship.

"I think there's some good lessons learned with Boxer," Franchetti told reporters at the Navy's annual Sea-Air-Space conference earlier this week.

So.....  So I get the title of Admiral, 4 star, and all I do is LARP as a man and say buzz words, and this won't have any repercussions.  LOL.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2024/04/12/troubled-uss-boxer-returns-home-10-days-deployment-due-maintenance-issue.html
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

clau clau

When I was a lad I served a term
As office boy to an Attorney's firm.
I cleaned the windows and I swept the floor,
And I polished up the handle of the big front door...

-- https://genius.com/Gilbert-and-sullivan-when-i-was-a-lad-annotated

I wonder if a Gilbert and Sullivan producer would have the cojones to portray the character of Sir Joseph Porter as Sir Josephine Porter to reflect the current situation.  That would be funny as hell.

From the Gilbert and Sullivan operetta H.M.S. Pinafore, although William Gilbert claimed upon first draft to Arthur Sullivan that the character was not based on W.H. Smith – the general public still took it as so (and it is unclear whether he was being facetious).

W.H. Smith shared the name of his father, who founded the very popular chain of bookstores by the same name across the UK. He became First Lord of the Admiralty after selling newspapers in train stations, despite having no naval background.

Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

LausTibiChriste

The Royal Fleet Auxiliary basically has no ships active, so the RN has to rely on foreign Navies to supply her

Speaking of the RN, I don't remember details, but it's been headline after headline of ships out of service, including the aircraft carriers which are a borderline disaster

In Canada, HMCS Montreal was supposed to sail yesterday for a deployment...still in Halifax AFAIK due to tech issues.

I can tell you why Russia isn't afraid of the US (or NATO) Navies...because their manner of warfare is so technical and obtuse.

I specifically remember sitting in our Ops room right behind the Captain during a war game, and it took what felt like 19 years for everyone in the Task Group to coordinate a response to some inbound "MiG's"...I was just an OS at the time but I remember telling the Petty Officer, "I'm pretty sure if this is real we'd be at action stations already"

The French sent a frigate home....the Danes tried launching a test missile, it never fired but was armed still in the silo on board (never heard what came of that).

Navies these days are an absolute joke.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.