Previous topic - Next topic

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Heinrich on May 19, 2018, 02:19:05 PM
Quote from: Gardener on May 19, 2018, 02:13:17 PM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on May 19, 2018, 02:03:48 PM
> Be American
> Wonder why there are so many shootings

;)

You're making the liberal mistake of confusing the means with the cause.

No. He is being a douchebag.

#whycantallcanadiansbelikemikeMac

#BecauseWe'dAllBeDeadFromPolio
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

LausTibiChriste

> Be American

;)

Did I though?

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Habitual_Ritual

It's not that complex. America is a post-Christian, culturally Marxist nation that promotes and teaches nihilism and narcissism. It's all about 'be yourself' , 'do your own thing', 'find your own path' etc and so forth.

This creates people who are lost and un-moored from culture and community. Lost souls who decide to go out with a bang when they realize their lives are not perfect and cannot cope with trial or adversity.

" There exists now an enormous religious ignorance. In the times since the Council it is evident we have failed to pass on the content of the Faith."

(Pope Benedict XVI speaking in October 2002.)

Geremia

As Bp. Sanborn mentioned in a recent sermon, these shooting are due to sin (e.g., divorce).

MilesChristi

Quote from: Maximilian on May 19, 2018, 12:08:52 PM
Quote from: MilesChristi on May 18, 2018, 10:57:39 PM

Btw, hello FBI, this post is satire

Satire won't save you.

A guy in Austria just got sentenced to 6 months when police found bottles of wine in his house with joke labels of Hitler on them. He bought them legally in Italy, but they're illegal to possess in Austria. Even though they were intended as parodies, he still got 6 months. The guys a left-winger, not any kind of neo-Nazi, the police were searching his apartment for drugs when they found the satirical wine bottles, which was much worse. He wouldn't have got 6 months for the drugs.

That's why I thank God I was born in the US of A
The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

Heinrich

Quote from: Gardener on May 19, 2018, 01:11:35 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on May 19, 2018, 12:35:26 PM
Quote from: Maximilian on May 19, 2018, 12:08:52 PM
Quote from: MilesChristi on May 18, 2018, 10:57:39 PM

Btw, hello FBI, this post is satire

Satire won't save you.

A guy in Austria just got sentenced to 6 months when police found bottles of wine in his house with joke labels of Hitler on them. He bought them legally in Italy, but they're illegal to possess in Austria. Even though they were intended as parodies, he still got 6 months. The guys a left-winger, not any kind of neo-Nazi, the police were searching his apartment for drugs when they found the satirical wine bottles, which was much worse. He wouldn't have got 6 months for the drugs.

You got link tewwit?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5740655/Man-jailed-six-months-collecting-four-bottles-Hitler-wine-Austria.html

#DefeatFascism1ByEmbracingFascism2!

I was hoping they be a German article. The hybrid will do, I guess.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Gardener

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on May 19, 2018, 02:25:57 PM
> Be American

;)

Did I though?

Yes. Does it matter if someone is murdered with a gun, knife, bomb, truck, or X?

Look at this graph: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate

United States ranks 1st for guns per 100k of people, yet we rank 16th for firearm-related homicide. The top 15 have far less guns per capita.

So your retarded intimation that we have so many shootings because we have so many guns doesn't bear out when one looks at the actual international rates of firearm related homicide in relation to firearms per capita. It's a convenient, smug EU/CAN/AUS style trope, but it doesn't bear the weight of facts.

Also, be careful to make sure any counter-point data you find doesn't include: suicide and criminals shot by cops (the gun control lobby likes to sneak those in to greatly pad their numbers).

If you would like to claim some relation to suicide, or dissatisfaction with life here, etc., as some ancillary jab, we rank 48th for suicide. Check out some of the ones higher up: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate

We're 94th for intentional homicide: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Gardener on May 19, 2018, 09:57:36 PM
> Be American

;)

Did I though?

Yes. Does it matter if someone is murdered with a gun, knife, bomb, truck, or X?

Look at this graph: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate

United States ranks 1st for guns per 100k of people, yet we rank 16th for firearm-related homicide. The top 15 have far less guns per capita.

So your retarded intimation that we have so many shootings because we have so many guns doesn't bear out when one looks at the actual international rates of firearm related homicide in relation to firearms per capita. It's a convenient, smug EU/CAN/AUS style trope, but it doesn't bear the weight of facts.

Also, be careful to make sure any counter-point data you find doesn't include: suicide and criminals shot by cops (the gun control lobby likes to sneak those in to greatly pad their numbers).

If you would like to claim some relation to suicide, or dissatisfaction with life here, etc., as some ancillary jab, we rank 48th for suicide. Check out some of the ones higher up: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate

We're 94th for intentional homicide: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

Whoa whoa whoa.

Where did I at all mention guns? Youre putting words in my mouth.

Your retarded intimation that I was referring just to guns and not a deeper crisis in American culture and psyche almost proves my point right off the bat.

"You guys have a deep-seated problem"
"GUN HATER"

And before you go off saying that I implied it's all about guns, I didn't and it's plainly obvious I didn't. Had I said:

> Biggest gun loving country in the world
> Wonders why there are so many shootings

Then MAYBE you'd have a point. But I didn't.

Come on G, you're better than that. Look at all the words and time you just wasted. Plus it was rather rude of you to just lump me into the liberal camp like that - asshole.

- MaximGun

Bonaventure

It's not guns. It's (((diversity))).
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Gardener

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on May 20, 2018, 12:05:12 AM
Quote from: Gardener on May 19, 2018, 09:57:36 PM
> Be American

;)

Did I though?

Whoa whoa whoa.

Where did I at all mention guns? Youre putting words in my mouth.

Your retarded intimation that I was referring just to guns and not a deeper crisis in American culture and psyche almost proves my point right off the bat.

"You guys have a deep-seated problem"
"GUN HATER"

And before you go off saying that I implied it's all about guns, I didn't and it's plainly obvious I didn't. Had I said:

> Biggest gun loving country in the world
> Wonders why there are so many shootings

Then MAYBE you'd have a point. But I didn't.

Come on G, you're better than that. Look at all the words and time you just wasted. Plus it was rather rude of you to just lump me into the liberal camp like that - asshole.

Ok, then quit being passive aggressive and just say what you mean.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

martin88nyc

"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

dellery

Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

dellery

I'd love to see the NRA illustrate the fact that, empirically speaking, a kid that massacres his class-mates at school is a political victory for the democratic party; a kid getting shot attempting to murder his classmates is a political win for the NRA. Notwithstanding that school shootings are a loss for everybody, the different outcomes from such shootings, and what outcomes determine political victories for the different political entities, is quite telling. In this case a political win meaning that the situation, or scenario, that unfolds lends support to one argument/cause over another. Whether a certain side acknowledges or desires said victories is irrelevant. In this case one side wins when children die; the other side wins when children are rescued.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions

dellery

Nous Defions

Cantarella

Quote from: Geremia on May 19, 2018, 06:25:44 PM
As Bp. Sanborn mentioned in a recent sermon, these shooting are due to sin (e.g., divorce).

Yes, everyone keeps blaming "guns"; but guns are not the problem. The problem is this broken soul-killing society we live in. I think that instead of outlawing guns, it is divorce which should be outlawed. Most mass shooters come from fatherless homes. In this feminized society which does not allow boys to be boys and develop as normal men, boys are literally going crazy. Add to that, the amount of drugs that children in the US are given by the express recommendation of "medical experts" and you have a most dangerous combination.

Being a normal boy is labeled as suffering from ADHD today.

Being a normal man is labeled as suffering from "toxic masculinity".
If anyone says that true and natural water is not necessary for baptism and thus twists into some metaphor the words of our Lord Jesus Christ" Unless a man be born again of water and the Holy Spirit" (Jn 3:5) let him be anathema.