Back again with another email spam question

Started by angelcookie, January 30, 2016, 02:33:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

angelcookie

Can someone tell me honestly:
If you have 2000 inbox emails and 425 spam at original sharing date of email, and person denied emptying spam box; but now that email account is open to check in on you have seen an average of 400 spam reviewed per week.... With no automatic monthly dump so emails keep climbing to 3295 so far isn't that suspicious of a lie that the folder was dumped. And also, just clicking on the email to open it (not any of the links that may be in the email) would or would not create more spam, as said person says this is why all the spam is coming.
And if a person has avg 400 spam a week, but says they havn't checked or used that email in years, that the spam count should be roughly 21k... (In box averages about 50 per week so there should be min 2600 inbox mails; and based on that I can calculate approx how many have been deleted....)

Also I noticed a decrease in some dark web adult solicitations (not all but some in particular; can I take that to mean something was canceled or unsubscribed? Which means someone lied about not having a subscription?)

Bernadette

If the person doesn't check or use the email account, why not just get rid of it?

I can't answer your other questions. Sorry. :(
My Lord and my God.

Gardener

Depending on the service, SPAM can be auto-deleted after a certain time period, and anything outside that window can go bye.

It could be that the senders of the emails you no longer notice were shut down, or somehow banned from sending to/from by the email service.

Without seeing logs, it's impossible to tell what happened, but there are auto-delete settings which may or may not be user controlled and it is possible for fly-by-night operations to go away in the day.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

angelcookie

Took advice and account is gone.

Thanks for your replies