Started by Innocent Smith, July 17, 2016, 01:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

Quote from: nmoerbeek on October 07, 2016, 12:54:28 PM
Quote from: Larry on October 07, 2016, 12:21:42 PM
Quote from: Lynne on October 07, 2016, 11:50:01 AM
Quote from: Larry on October 07, 2016, 10:38:30 AM
Quote from: martin88nyc on September 30, 2016, 01:39:42 PM
Is Jones a trad yet? He is anti SSPX and I don't know what are his reasons but has his stance toward traditional movement changed? He has a very bright mind so I don't know what is his beef against sspx. I know he appears  ISCO conferences from time to time. He even had a presentation of his book in Poland.

Jones believes you can't criticize the hierarchy for any reason whatsoever. Thus his disapproval of the SSPX and even Mother Angelica.

He disapproved of Mother Angelica?!  :laugh:  :huh:

Yeah, because she criticized Phony Mahoney on her show for his heretical document on the Eucharist, "We Gather Together".

He goes much farther than that.  The Rad Trad blog goes into detail on the matter:

In Dr. Jones's view, both the deviant behavior and the preachy bluster of Mr. Voris find their roots in the common source of that narcissism which developed early in life as a result of rumored sexual abuse and the inability to connect to his schoolyard peers. Then Jones takes a surprising left turn to diagnose Mother Angelica with a similar case of egophilia, which supposedly is self-evident in her 1993 rant against a bishop who had cast a young woman as Jesus in a dramatic presentation of the Passion:

"Mother Angelica, née Rita Rizzo, and Michael Voris were wounded children. Rita's father walked out when she was six years old, at the start of the Depression, plunging the family into poverty and subjecting Rita to ridicule at the Catholic school she attended.... Both Voris and Rizzo sought solace from their childhood woundedness in the religious life.... [As far as I can tell, Voris entered the seminary, not the monastery, and Jones provides no evidence whatsoever that Rizzo entered the convent for the aforesaid reasons. –J]
Mother Angelica's case was different. There is no evidence that Mother Angelica ever acted sexually on the wound she received in childhood. The discipline of pre-Vatican II convent life kept whatever impulses she might have had under control. During the '70s, however, Mother Angelica was prayed over by an itinerant charismatic by the name of Robert DeGrandis and received the gift of tongues. This event eventually led to a more and more public life, until in 1981 she founded her television apostolate. Receiving the gift of tongues can often be accompanied by a reduction in inhibition, specifically sexual inhibition.... The fact that Mother Angelica never acted on the childhood wound sexually does not mean that the wound wasn't there. The narcissism that flowed from it gradually found expression in her apostolate as well.... Why did both EWTN and CMTV end up in de facto violation of Canon 1373? The short answer to that question is narcissism. (ch. 2)"

You read that right, gentle reader. E. Michael Jones implies that Mother Angelica was a repressed lesbian who channeled that repression into criticisms of the episcopacy. This is what comes of armchair diagnoses.

http://theradtrad.blogspot.com/2016/08/the-voris-jones-affair-part-ii.html
Yeah, I read the book and didn't want to spell out the whole thing. Even though I think he's correct about many things, I also think he's a loose cannon.
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

titrusant

Fr. Paul Nicholson was associated with CMTV.
I was wondering what happened to Fr. Paul Nicholson.  His YouTube videos are gone.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTiRnY_qKq2PzlVkqR-QikQ

Interesting what he has to say.
http://callmejorgebergoglio.blogspot.com/2016/07/where-did-paul-ash-nicholson-disappear.html

dymphnaw

I have not cared for Jones for a long time and he frequently and annoyingly goes outside his expertise. He is not a psychologist or a theologian. That being said, I still think anybody who gave money to CMTV was snookered.

Prayerful

I really do wonder what happened to Fr Paul Nicholson. His website asks for a username and password. I thought his manner was unbecoming, a disconcerting mix of a parody double entendre[/url] spouting Novus Ordo priest (the sort giving massive off signals saying avoid, avoid) with the externals of Tradition. Hopefully, he has come to a realisation, that he took a look at himself. I pray for him.  :pray1:
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Bonaventure

Necromancing this thread as the latest Vortex on the SSPX getting marriage faculties has Gary's cheerleader, Mrs. Niles, claiming its only done so "after all other resources have been exhausted."

Another cheap shot, and look, Gary is still running his show.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Bonaventure

Quote from: Greg on July 17, 2016, 05:24:44 PM
You know why I like John Vennari?

Because he's REAL.  I trust the guy.  Nobody insincere could be as plain and unpackaged as JV.

He's the same on camera as he is off it.

People are VERY prone to be manipulated by a good salesperson.  Look at the crowd below lapping it up from Fr. Corapi.   I was never taken in by Corapi's slick pitch and when he dyed his beard, I sounded the alarm and was called judgemental and uncharitable then.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kUmtxgazmwI

I have the advantage however of being a well trained salesperson, as well as English, which makes me very cynical and testing and resistant to being manipulated by the pitch.

And now, John is gone. I pray he is soon with our Lord, interceding for our pathetic cases down here
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Prayerful

Quote from: Bonaventure on April 06, 2017, 02:19:11 AM
Quote from: Greg on July 17, 2016, 05:24:44 PM
You know why I like John Vennari?

Because he's REAL.  I trust the guy.  Nobody insincere could be as plain and unpackaged as JV.

He's the same on camera as he is off it.

People are VERY prone to be manipulated by a good salesperson.  Look at the crowd below lapping it up from Fr. Corapi.   I was never taken in by Corapi's slick pitch and when he dyed his beard, I sounded the alarm and was called judgemental and uncharitable then.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kUmtxgazmwI

I have the advantage however of being a well trained salesperson, as well as English, which makes me very cynical and testing and resistant to being manipulated by the pitch.

And now, John is gone. I pray he is soon with our Lord, interceding for our pathetic cases down here

A calm, unexcited analysis where too much of the Catholic media have dived headfirst into the world of clickbaitery, even the Catholic Herald where a good article on the insularity and clannishness of Irish priests and bishops is adverted to on the cover as a piece on why bould Pope Francis is persecuting another Traditional bishop, Archbishop Brown, a nuncio who often performed undoubtedly Catholic confirmations, a foe of the heresy spouter Tony Flannery. Abp Brown is now moving to Albania, and the article said little on that. By contrast of sorts, JV kept it on the level. May he Rest In Peace.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Bonaventure

Bonaventure

Quote from: Bonaventure on April 06, 2017, 02:16:45 AMNecromancing this thread as the latest Vortex on the SSPX getting marriage faculties has Gary's cheerleader, Mrs. Niles, claiming its only done so "after all other resources have been exhausted."

Another cheap shot, and look, Gary is still running his show.

Wow...

Bonaventure

Quote from: Greg on September 30, 2016, 01:28:50 AMYou're missing the point.

What if Voris doesn't step down?

Do you continue to ignore him because that is "charitable" and you don't really have all the evidence, (tip: you never will, you only have this much because someone in his organisation leaked it), or do you slam him down at every occasion and spread the news in order to warn others?  And risk being called a "gossip".

In short does your 19 year old idealistic nephew or younger brother go on the complimentary 2018 Retreat Cruise with an adjoining balcony cabin because you don't wish to stir the pot?  Does someone else's nephew?  Or is that their business, their lookout, and you don't really care?

Lol