Good afternoon!

Started by Kephapaulos, August 04, 2017, 11:41:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kephapaulos

I'm just not sure what kind of beer to have. I do like coffee, but how do I make it?

Carleendiane

Quote from: Kephapaulos on August 11, 2017, 02:34:07 PM
I'm just not sure what kind of beer to have. I do like coffee, but how do I make it?

Ok, so the ladies make the coffee. The beer, well, most people like Corunna. If you can get it in bottles, that is preferred.  Wine, probably not a sweet kind. And maybe white as well as red. If they want a complicated mixed drink, they can bring their own ingredients and make their own. Ummm, a couch and a coffee table would be nice for the weary travelers.   :)

So I am now refinishing the poles used by the torch bearers. They will be very nice when done. They are all walnut  and after I strip the finish they all have a nice walnut tone, so I'm thinking about not staining, but just polyurethaning. How's that sound? The breadbox turned out lovely with the black cast iron hinges, and nob. Definitely worth the trouble.

To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

MundaCorMeum

QuotePowdered cream is not allowed. It is banned. Only half and half. Or fresh cream from one of Munda's cows.

Yes!  Powdered cream is anathema.  I'll be glad to provide some decent cream.

Also, please don't think I've been petitioning for a good afternoon thread, then abandoned y'all just as it gets started.  My modem is giving out, so I've not been able to get online much lately.  I just got lucky that it is working this evening.  The new one arrives early next week, so I should be able to join in on the afternoon coffee soon  :)

No trampolining at naptime!  I have one rule for sleeping children: you wake 'em, you take 'em.  Naptimes are not negotiable around here.  And woe to the person who rings my doorbells and wakes the toddler  ;). Other than that, trampolines are a great idea.  Kids can bounce to their hearts content, while we adults visit and solve the world's problems.  I actually have a double sized mattress on my living room floor, so the more boisterous of my children can burn off energy during school hours, without disturbing lessons or destroying the house.  Best thing I've done in a long time!

I'll provide a French press for our afternoon visits, too.  I love good French press coffee!  I can't do pics very well in here, but maybe dymphna can take up my slack. She's good at that.  Wine...yes, please.  A bold red will do just fine  :)

Carleendiane

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on August 11, 2017, 08:28:52 PM
QuotePowdered cream is not allowed. It is banned. Only half and half. Or fresh cream from one of Munda's cows.

Yes!  Powdered cream is anathema.  I'll be glad to provide some decent cream.

Also, please don't think I've been petitioning for a good afternoon thread, then abandoned y'all just as it gets started.  My modem is giving out, so I've not been able to get online much lately.  I just got lucky that it is working this evening.  The new one arrives early next week, so I should be able to join in on the afternoon coffee soon  :)

No trampolining at naptime!  I have one rule for sleeping children: you wake 'em, you take 'em.  Naptimes are not negotiable around here.  And woe to the person who rings my doorbells and wakes the toddler  ;). Other than that, trampolines are a great idea.  Kids can bounce to their hearts content, while we adults visit and solve the world's problems.  I actually have a double sized mattress on my living room floor, so the more boisterous of my children can burn off energy during school hours, without disturbing lessons or destroying the house.  Best thing I've done in a long time!

I'll provide a French press for our afternoon visits, too.  I love good French press coffee!  I can't do pics very well in here, but maybe dymphna can take up my slack. She's good at that.  Wine...yes, please.  A bold red will do just fine  :)

A dying modem is just not acceptable, which of course you know. But for one of my favorite members of this forum....anathema.....truly anathema. Yes, a french press will server our needs perfectly. I have one, it's time to get it out again. Makes great coffee. Would you happen to have "mystic monk" coffee, Munda?
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Afternoon, Keph! Another day to celebrate and be grateful for. Going to confession  and picking out a new stove. I prefer gas, but this house is not set up for it. No more glass top stoves for me. Plus, I hear they do not get to a high enough temp for canning. Your jars will seal, but the inside temp is just short of high enough to kill all bacteria. So, not sure what I want. May my guardian angel direct me!

Kephapaulos

Hello. Carleendiane! A gift of God is this day indeed! What were you canning?

Carleendiane

Quote from: Kephapaulos on August 12, 2017, 11:20:30 AM
Hello. Carleendiane! A gift of God is this day indeed! What were you canning?

Nothing yet. Soon....salsa.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on August 12, 2017, 10:46:52 AM
Afternoon, Keph! Another day to celebrate and be grateful for. Going to confession  and picking out a new stove. I prefer gas, but this house is not set up for it. No more glass top stoves for me. Plus, I hear they do not get to a high enough temp for canning. Your jars will seal, but the inside temp is just short of high enough to kill all bacteria. So, not sure what I want. May my guardian angel direct me!

What?  Where did you hear this about them not getting high enough to kill all bacteria?  I've got a burner, called a "speed burner" that gets up to 3,000 watts.  It's awesome!  I use it alot more than my "warming burner".  I've got 5 elements, but 1 of them will do small pots or large.  A small heater within a large one so you can choose the single burner size or the dual burner size.

Here are the specs on my stove:

Maytag 30-INCH WIDE ELECTRIC RANGE WITH SHATTER-RESISTANT COOKTOP - 5.3 CU. FT.

Cooktop Details

Center Front Element-Burner Power100W
Center Front Element-Burner Size6""
Center Front Element-Burner TypeWarming

Cooktop Control Knob TypeDishwasher Safe Plastic
Cooktop Control LocationBackguard
Cooktop Control TypeElectronic Touch
Cooktop Element StyleSmoothtop
Cooktop Surface MaterialGlass
Heating Element On Indicator LightYes
Hot Surface Indicator LightYes

Left Front Element-Burner Power3000W
Left Front Element-Burner Size9""/6""
Left Front Element-Burner TypeRadiant

Left Rear Element-Burner Power1200W
Left Rear Element-Burner Size6""
Left Rear Element-Burner TypeRadiant

Number of Cooking Element-Burners5

Right Front Element-Burner Power2500W
Right Front Element-Burner Size9""
Right Front Element-Burner TypeRadiant

Right Rear Element-Burner Power1200W
Right Rear Element-Burner Size6""
Right Rear Element-Burner TypeRadiant

Well, have a good time!!  Hope you find what you are wanting.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Thanks dymph, good to know, but to late for this time. Oh well, the one I ordered is very fitting for a 40's country kitchen. Actually a wood burning stove would be more appropriate for a country kitchen.

Carleendiane

Good afternoon, Keph. Where do I go for the coffee. Only one cup today. Need at least one more. Should I brew "Kickin Horses" or some McCafe? Oh, the pain and suffering that goes into choosing. I think Munda, our thread friend, may not want "Kickin Horses" which is very strong. So....we go with McCafe. Wheew. Got that done. Keph, we really could use a Bunn coffee maker, or maybe a bodum. Just sayin.....that Mr. COFFEE, thumbs down. Believe me, investing in a good coffee maker will draw people to your thread. It worked for Good Morning. We actually have some who ask for a morning IV hook up. Just sayin.... Oh, and a sweet day to you, Keph.

Carleendiane

Good afternoon, Keph! It's a beautiful day and a gift as well. Let's make good use of it.

Carleendiane

Hi, Dymphna! I see you.  :)

dymphna17

?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

MundaCorMeum

Hey, y'all.  I'm going to need a cup of coffee or a nap to get through the afternoon.  What shall it be?  Heads or tails? 

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on August 18, 2017, 11:31:21 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on August 18, 2017, 10:45:46 AM
Hi, Dymphna! I see you.  :)

How do you do that?   :seeya:   8)

Just look at the bottom of the first page and it lists who is on line. I see your name and say, "I see you Dymphna!" It's that simple. You should try it. Probably creeps people out when I do that. Maybe I shouldnt.