Hello, my friends....

Started by Angela, July 17, 2020, 01:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angela

I know, I know...you all aren't really my friends IRL; but I've been a 'lurker' for a couple of years now, and I feel like I know quite a few of you!

I am a SSPX-er from quite a young age, am married with a large family. I homeschool; have a few kids who have graduated and are off to college, and I have my youngest in Grade one.

I don't expect to post entirely much, time being a factor; but when I have a little something to say you might just hear from me!

God bless!

Michael Wilson

Welcome to the forum! Congratulations on your large family; You don't really have to know what you are talking about when posting here; I'm the perfect example of this!
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Angela

Lol, Michael Wilson! On the contrary, you know quite a bit of what you talk about.

Lynne

Quote from: Michael Wilson on July 17, 2020, 01:54:27 PM
Welcome to the forum! Congratulations on your large family; You don't really have to know what you are talking about when posting here; I'm the perfect example of this!

Au contraire. Michael is one of our more knowledgeable posters. And welcome!
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Lynne

Quote from: Angela on July 17, 2020, 02:01:02 PM
Lol, Michael Wilson! On the contrary, you know quite a bit of what you talk about.

lol Great minds think alike!
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Angela

Hi Lynne! Thank you for your welcome. Great minds...well, I don't know about mine sometimes, but we were on the same page about that last post! 😄

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

Jayne

Welcome Angela.  You clearly have lurked here enough that Michael Wilson could not bamboozle you with his claims of not knowing what he is talking about.  Keep up the good work.  I hope you do decide to post, although I understand that your time is limited.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Angela

Thank you, Red Solo, for your greeting. I enjoy reading your posts; full of zest!

Angela

Hi Jayne, thank you for your welcome. I'm proud to have you as a fellow Canadian; as the more traditional-minded folks for this country of ours, the better. God help us!

Heinrich

Sorry I missed this. Bienvenue au Forum.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Michael Wilson

Quote from: Heinrich on August 09, 2020, 09:51:23 AM
Sorry I missed this. Bienvenue au Forum.
You didn't ask her the key question!
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Heinrich

"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

mikemac

Welcome.  Do you lift?  (Heinrich's question)  :)
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

Heinrich

Quote from: mikemac on August 09, 2020, 05:16:36 PM
Welcome.  Do you lift?  (Heinrich's question)  :)

I don't ask that to the ladies.