Chick-Fil-A?

Started by Matto, April 19, 2018, 04:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Non Nobis

Yummm.. I must visit Chick-Fil-A again some time soon; but tomorrow I'll have to look for Fish-Fil-A!
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Gardener

Quote from: Non Nobis on April 19, 2018, 09:38:26 PM
Yummm.. I must visit Chick-Fil-A again some time soon; but tomorrow I'll have to look for Fish-Fil-A!

Arby's Fish filet sandwich, if they sell it in your area outside of Lent, is better than McD's. Much thicker filet.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

aquinas138

I grew up in the South, so I've eaten it my whole life, and living in Atlanta, there's one every few miles. It's fast food, so I won't pretend it's fine dining, but it has to be on the short list for best national fast food chain in terms of quality. Their employees seem to be well-treated – they are unfailingly polite, and their restaurants tend to be quite clean in my experience. Their chicken biscuits are a good fast food breakfast.
What shall we call you, O full of grace? * Heaven? for you have shone forth the Sun of Righteousness. * Paradise? for you have brought forth the Flower of immortality. * Virgin? for you have remained incorrupt. * Pure Mother? for you have held in your holy embrace your Son, the God of all. * Entreat Him to save our souls.

PerEvangelicaDicta

I'm a health nut and restrict my food to pastured meats and eggs, home grown fruits and veg, raw milk, etc. but even I eat Chick fil A!  lol   Delicious!
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

Elizabeth

Quote from: Gardener on April 19, 2018, 09:11:11 PM

As Kaese said, it's discipline and not doctrine.
Wow I am ignorant-had no idea of this concept.

aquinas138

Quote from: Elizabeth on April 20, 2018, 05:22:41 AM

It is discipline, but worth mentioning that it is universal in the ancient churches – Roman, Byzantine, Coptic, Syriac, Armenian, etc.; Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox, Assyrian Church of the East – all observe Friday as a day of penance. The Eastern Churches, I believe universally, also observe Wednesday as a penitential day, and the restrictions are much stricter – fish, eggs, and dairy are all out on both days. It is discipline, so it is not binding on those not belonging to the Church, but it is not mere discipline, as if it were a matter of indifference, and it has been an unwise change to (largely) do away with it.
What shall we call you, O full of grace? * Heaven? for you have shone forth the Sun of Righteousness. * Paradise? for you have brought forth the Flower of immortality. * Virgin? for you have remained incorrupt. * Pure Mother? for you have held in your holy embrace your Son, the God of all. * Entreat Him to save our souls.

Tales

Ignoring the health concerns (real or not), Chik-Fil-A is delicious.  I grew up with it in Florida and loved it.  I left the USA a long time ago and some of the things I miss most are Chik-Fil-A, Chipotle and Checkers.

My wife is Chinese and when we visited the US I took her to Chik-Fil-A.  She took a bite and said it was gross, I happily ate the rest for her.  A few hours later back at the hotel she said "Honey, can we go get some more of that chicken and those burritos?"  Hah!  We went back, got both, and had a memorable and delicious dinner.  Often times its the small simple things like this that leave the best memories.

Gardener

Quote from: aquinas138 on April 20, 2018, 06:07:01 AM
Quote from: Elizabeth on April 20, 2018, 05:22:41 AM

It is discipline, but worth mentioning that it is universal in the ancient churches – Roman, Byzantine, Coptic, Syriac, Armenian, etc.; Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox, Assyrian Church of the East – all observe Friday as a day of penance. The Eastern Churches, I believe universally, also observe Wednesday as a penitential day, and the restrictions are much stricter – fish, eggs, and dairy are all out on both days. It is discipline, so it is not binding on those not belonging to the Church, but it is not mere discipline, as if it were a matter of indifference, and it has been an unwise change to (largely) do away with it.

Yes, but the point is non-Catholics are not bound to Canon Law on this point. I was a bit loose with my phrasing earlier, so I should clarify that non-Catholics can be bound to Canon Law, i.e., Eucharistic disciplines, marriage to a Catholic, etc.

To analogize it, it would be like a gentile eating pork in 2BC. Not a problem.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe