Private sub-forum: not from Kaesekopf!

Started by Non Nobis, June 15, 2018, 10:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Non Nobis

In a dreamland I'd like to have something like a sub-forum private to myself and whoever I choose - maybe just one person.  (I'm not asking for this here; obviously it is not possible here (for everyone who want one), plus I'm talking about someone who isn't even on SD.) Sometimes I want to have focused discussions (over more time) with just one person (or few).

I know I can create my own (separate) forum and limit my own users, but I'm looking for something simpler, supported by someone else, and slipping right into an existing environment.  I know there are debate forums.  But I like the flexibility and informality available in this forum (including the ability to attach files).

(I actually have a phpBB forum (about something boring) but it is almost entirely unpopulated and I don't want to support it.)

I'm having arguments by email with someone and it would be nicer to have a quicker forum-like interface.  Chat is too fast (as is the phone). But it doesn't have to be a forum as such..  Maybe I'm missing something obvious...

Any ideas? Stick with email?
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Miriam_M

Quote from: Non Nobis on June 15, 2018, 10:49:18 PM
Stick with email?

Yes.

A friend and I have long, deep discussions, including philosophical and spiritual ones, late at night -- typically, midnight.  All on email.

PerEvangelicaDicta

I love the way you think out of the box. It always gets me strategizing  :P
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

Kaesekopf

Why not run your discussions on a Google Doc? 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

james03

Word Press might have a plug in.  Don't know. 

Discord is a voice "forum" where you can have discussions.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"