Done Anything Fun Lately?

Started by piabee, March 11, 2013, 01:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LausTibiChriste

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

sedmohradsko

Kaesekopf

Solemn Mass (2/3s of the ministers were diocesan!), then benediction, and a candlelit procession with a relic from the BVM's belongings (veil?  I forget).

Then drinks with friends at a local cocktail lounge. 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: sedmohradsko on August 15, 2018, 02:48:06 PM
Proud Easterner here.  PM me if either of you have any questions.

Regarding the Dormition icon, did the priest tell the tradition of how the Theotokos' empty tomb was discovered?  It's a beautiful story if you've never heard it.

He did!  I don't remember all the details, but the point I remember the most was that St. Thomas, just like when Our Lord appeared after the Resurrection, was again, not there.  I also liked how in the icon, Our Lord is depicted holding a small child, who represents the soul of Our Lady.  So, just how She held Him after his Passion, He held her after her Dormition.  I want to go find a good retelling of the story online, so I can tell the kids about it

PerEvangelicaDicta

Spouse got tickets to the Miramar Air Show in September.  Heck of a way to commemorate the feast of St. Michael.  It's technically a free event, but this year we splurged a little for good viewing.

Anyone else attending?   :cheeseheadbeer:
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

MundaCorMeum

Spent the better part of yesterday driving up the California coastline on scenic Hwy 1.  It.was.gorgeous!  An incredible testament to the glory and beauty of God's creation.  We even saw some elephant seals  ;D 

Today, we are heading home to see our kids.  I miss those little stinkers!  Can't wait to tell them all about our trip and share pictures of the sights and scenery.

drummerboy

Went to the Central WI Military show last Saturday, WWII reenactments and alot of old military vehicles gear.  Fun times
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

longstrangetrip5

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on March 12, 2013, 06:04:19 AM
I understand procedure, I understand war, I understand rules and regulations.

I don't understand fun.

I don't really know what fun means.

strange... I am LOLg and feeling sad 4 u @ the same time...

and also

I could have written the same thing... :)

Kaesekopf

Came off a silent retreat.  Now, just trying to re-acclimate to life and get ready for next week!  :O

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Kaesekopf on August 25, 2018, 12:40:08 AM
Came off a silent retreat.  Now, just trying to re-acclimate to life and get ready for next week!  :O

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

That's always so hard!  It's like culture shock

PerEvangelicaDicta

We made a very long move from SE Canada to SoCal - the desert.  It's beautiful, but summer is hot.  Our family introduced us to "night swimming".  The evenings are still in the 90's, but there is no humidity and no bugs.  It's so quiet and peaceful, swimming and gazing at the moon illuminated mountains and palm trees, very conductive to meditation. 
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

Greg

I had a water bomb fight with 30 children at my birthday party.

400 water balloons.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

MilesChristi

Went swimming last night by the island
The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.