Anyone here got a Roomba?

Started by Greg, January 02, 2018, 02:21:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heinrich

Greg, I thought you have housekeepers, i.e. maids.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

OCLittleFlower

Quote from: Lynne on January 02, 2018, 02:19:27 PM
One family's roomba ran over puppy poop in the middle of the night...

http://www.scarymommy.com/roomba-meets-pile-of-poop-jesse-newton/

:D

I was going to post this, but you got to it first.  I've considered the mopping kind, but my 7-year-old does a good enough job so I've never shelled out for it.
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

MundaCorMeum

Just get one of these for your two year old  ;D

Carleendiane

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on January 03, 2018, 09:53:59 AM

Oh my, is she yours???? Adorable!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 03, 2018, 06:30:09 PM

no...mine are even cuter!!    ;)   ::)

Carleendiane

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on January 03, 2018, 09:14:46 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on January 03, 2018, 06:30:09 PM

no...mine are even cuter!!    ;)   ::)

Well, yes, of course, so are mine  ;)
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Gardener

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Gardener

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Elizabeth

Roombas are for the rich, single, workaholic cat ladies here in DC.  Not worth $700 IMO.

Greg

They would be worth it if they were reliable and saved your time.

$700 is nothing.  I spent $200 last week in Rome taking a priest, my wife and 3 children to a non-description meal in a restaurant.

The good thing about vacumning every day is that all the crap on the floor doesn't end up trodden around the house.  Crumbs and food particles also attract pests.

My problem with them is that they need to be maintained More that an upright vacuum cleaner.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

OCLittleFlower

I'd pay that if they had enough capacity to deal with the fur that comes off my German Shepherd.  As is -- if I have to keep emptying it, does it really save time?
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

angelcookie

I bought a cheaper version roomba and robot mop one. They are doorstops now. It's just much easier to clean once you preclean to use them.