R.I.P. Fr Joseph Collins

Started by joe17, April 27, 2019, 02:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe17

Dear all,
  In your charity, please remember the soul of Fr Joseph Collins in your prayers.
Fr passed away this morning near Albany, NY, having had a fatal illness.
He was well fortified with the sacraments leading up to this time. He was 66.
  He was ordained by Archbishop Lefebvre in 1980 and was one of the 9 founders of the SSPV.  He was on his own since the mid-90's.
  He was a good, holy and knowledgeable priest whom I was honored to call friend.
Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord...

Joe

Michael Wilson

Fr. Collins was  a dear friend who I had the honor to meet when he would come and offer Mass at Our Lady of Guadalupe Chapel in Miami; I would serve his Mass, then we would go out to eat at a Sambo's restaurant, where Fr. Loved to order grits. He liked them cooked a particular way, and they made them to his liking there. He was always kind and charitable to everyone and very interesting to talk to.
I will pray for the repose of his soul.  :pray2:
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Josephine87

"Begin again." -St. Teresa of Avila

"My present trial seems to me a somewhat painful one, and I have the humiliation of knowing how badly I bore it at first. I now want to accept and to carry this little cross joyfully, to carry it silently, with a smile in my heart and on my lips, in union with the Cross of Christ. My God, blessed be Thou; accept from me each day the embarrassment, inconvenience, and pain this misery causes me. May it become a prayer and an act of reparation." -Elisabeth Leseur

Elizabeth

He was so incredibly kind to me and helpful when I really, really needed information and counsel.  He helped me make an important informed decision.  He was genuinely charitable toward his enemies. 

Thanks for letting us know, so we can pray for his soul.

Michael Wilson

Dear friends:

It is with heavy and hope filled heart that I bring the news that Father Joseph Francis Collins passed from this veil of tears just before noon today, April 27, 2019.

Father's final hour came quickly, but was well prepared. It appears that his hip broke as he was moving a short distance in his rectory. The fracture was probably from the spreading cancer. Immediately thereafter, he became unresponsive, and a short time later expired. A brother priest gave him final absolution, and recited the prayers for the dying. A visiting friend did what was possible for first aid, and the ambulance was summoned.

As I shared with you previously, Father Collins received Extreme Unction and the Apostolic Blessing shortly after the seriousness of his illness became evident. He also received Holy Communion as Viaticum on a daily basis, including today. Over the last three weeks, he had a resurgence of energy that allowed him to receive many visitors, and to make or receive a number of phone calls. Overall, there was a priestly spirit of prayer and regularity in the Rectory. The parting is not easy, but tempered by the sight of answers to so many prayers.

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord.

Yours in the Risen Savior,

- Fr. Daniel Ahern

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Bonaventure

RIP.

I knew him and he was a friend.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Michael Wilson

:pray2:
I still pray for the repose of his soul daily, as well as Dear Father Carl Pulvermacher O.F.M.

Guapo