Need advice, prayers

Started by Heinrich, September 09, 2020, 01:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

christulsa

Unfortunately, the teacher in the article H posted earlier tried that and it didn't work.  Also, if you go by last names to instill formality and discipline, if you just say their last name it'll come across strangely obvious why you're doing that.    If you go by Mr. and Ms. (last name), you're still not avoiding a gender reference.  The liberals are going to counter that you're "dead-naming" the child, an actual "trans" term.

I told my wife about all this today.   She told me the hospital where she works does annual "reviews," in which one question is "If a coworker identifies as transgender, are you willing to refer to them by their gender and name of choice?"   

diaduit

Could you practice now calling students
hey there .......
now buddy did you read.....
very good you did well .....

Get them well used to neutral endearments and phrases so that when that poor child post op slips back into class its not as obvious. 

Frank

Quote from: The Theosist on September 10, 2020, 12:24:53 PM
Is some stupid little shit pretending to be a boy and her parents and school going along with it really worth losing your livelihood over? If she changes her legal name, who cares? Call her Pony the Fairy Princess or Conan the barbarian if that's what it is.
I agree. You can always say it with a sneer.  :)

Who knows - by next term she might decide she wants to be a unicorn.
in principio erat Verbum et Verbum erat apud Deum et Deus erat Verbum
hoc erat in principio apud Deum
omnia per ipsum facta sunt et sine ipso factum est nihil quod factum est

OCLittleFlower

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on September 09, 2020, 04:29:11 PM
In case the school fires you and you sue them, you can probably win the case on the grounds of religious freedom. Nevertheless, it's better to avoid that public confrontation if possible. Talk to the principal privately, explain the situation and see if there's a way for you to quietly ignore the directive without causing disturbance. It's possible that you can avoid calling her by her name altogether. A little Jesuitical but it's probably doable with some craftiness.

If confrontation with the school is inevitable, then obey God rather than men. If faith is worth anything, it's precisely in these situations.

You could go super old-school and refer to all students by surname for the entire year.
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

christulsa

Quote from: christulsa on September 10, 2020, 10:07:48 PM
Unfortunately, the teacher in the article H posted earlier tried that and it didn't work.

Daniel

Heinrich, are you a teacher or are you an administrator? How difficult would it be to find a new job elsewhere? (Preferably at a traditional Catholic school as christulsa mentioned, though if you're a teacher then this might not work for you financially. Because I think the good private schools are all underfunded and don't pay their teachers very much. I could be wrong though.) It would probably be difficult to find a job at this point though, since the school year has already started...

In case the school fires you and you sue them, you can probably win the case on the grounds of religious freedom.

I am not so sure that this would be a good strategy. Because the liberals would just flip it around, saying, "The kid is clearly a boy! Heinrich is free to be a religious bigot if he wants to, but he has no right to impose his beliefs on everyone else!"

Heinrich

Quote from: Daniel on September 11, 2020, 05:43:42 AM
Heinrich, are you a teacher or are you an administrator? How difficult would it be to find a new job elsewhere? (Preferably at a traditional Catholic school as christulsa mentioned, though if you're a teacher than this might not work for you financially. Because I think the good private schools are all underfunded and don't pay their teachers very much. I could be wrong though.) It would probably be difficult to find a job at this point though, since the school year has already started...

In case the school fires you and you sue them, you can probably win the case on the grounds of religious freedom.

I am not so sure that this would be a good strategy. Because the liberals would just flip it around, saying, "The kid is clearly a boy! Heinrich is free to be a religious bigot if he wants to, but he has no right to impose his beliefs on everyone else!"

I am a meagre teacher in a suburban/rural school in the Cincinnati area. I am very happy here, even though it is taking time to adjust as we moved from Colorado 14 months after almost 15 years there. Every single one of my students is a gem worth sacrificing for, even the few with wicked dispositions and crappy attitudes. Charity is freely given with sacrifice and without expectation of return. There is a mix of "professional" class students who will go to great universities on legitimate merit, and then there are those who are Appalachian poor. There are a many Confederate flags and adults who chew tobacco(in and on school property, totally fine).

Said student is in my homeroom and not one of my actual pupils; this makes it easier to work around as there is really no interaction necessary. I mark attendance and then the kids go about their responsibilities for their days, which usually includes smart phone usage.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

mikemac

Quote from: Heinrich on September 11, 2020, 10:17:30 AM
Heinrich, are you a teacher or are you an administrator? How difficult would it be to find a new job elsewhere? (Preferably at a traditional Catholic school as christulsa mentioned, though if you're a teacher than this might not work for you financially. Because I think the good private schools are all underfunded and don't pay their teachers very much. I could be wrong though.) It would probably be difficult to find a job at this point though, since the school year has already started...

I am a meagre teacher in a suburban/rural school in the Cincinnati area. I am very happy here, even though it is taking time to adjust as we moved from Colorado 14 months after almost 15 years there. Every single one of my students is a gem worth sacrificing for, even the few with wicked dispositions and crappy attitudes. Charity is freely given with sacrifice and without expectation of return. There is a mix of "professional" class students who will go to great universities on legitimate merit, and then there are those who are Appalachian poor. There are a many Confederate flags and adults who chew tobacco(in and on school property, totally fine).

Said student is in my homeroom and not one of my actual pupils; this makes it easier to work around as there is really no interaction necessary. I mark attendance and then the kids go about their responsibilities for their days, which usually includes smart phone usage.

It sounds like you should let it ride for a while.  You may not have to address the student at all.
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

Heinrich

Quote from: mikemac on September 11, 2020, 05:54:04 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on September 11, 2020, 10:17:30 AM

It sounds like you should let it ride for a while.  You may not have to address the student at all.

Yes. All is fine so far.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

christulsa

We could ask "Clare Brigid" their advise, from our old FE days.    :P   haha   

Greg

His advice. He was, still is and always will be a dude.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

christulsa

Quote from: Greg on September 11, 2020, 08:02:30 PM
His advice. He was, still is and always will be a dude.

Debatable.   There are very rare genetic conditions where a person does not have normal sex chromosomes or sex anatomy, such as hermaphrodites.   As depraved as "Clare" was before coming back to the Catholic Church, some were unable or unwilling to process the fact of his biological disorder.

mikemac

I must have missed that.  I didn't think Impy was a hermaphrodite.  Just weird.
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

Greg

He was depraved after coming back.  Someone found contemporaneous postings of his on a pervert's dating website. 
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

christulsa

Quote from: mikemac on September 11, 2020, 08:35:25 PM
I must have missed that.  I didn't think Impy was a hermaphrodite.  Just weird.

His genetic condition was similarly rare.  He didn't have a (edit) normally functioning XY profile, nor developed male organs.   And it was actually through support on FE, that he did come back to the Catholic Church and living chastely.   Right before Impy-gate, he was Eastern Orthodox.    As depraved as he was, he did return to the Church, largely through the support of several SSPX priests.