What are you currently reading?

Started by Francisco Suárez, December 26, 2012, 09:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quo Vadis

bear hunting with the politburo (spelled it wrong, then I spelled it right)
Since Christ Himself has said, "This is My Body" who shall dare to doubt that It is His Body?
-- St Cyril of Jerusalem

Kaesekopf

To the Other Towns, a bio on Bl. Peter Favre, SJ.
Quadragesimo Anno (?)
Living the Little Office
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Gottmitunsalex

"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin

dust

Running through the Aubrey-Maturin series by Patrick O'brien again. Needed a break from detailing the Break with Tradition. I find myself getting depressed sometimes.
"The Truth is still the Truth, even if nobody believes it, and a lie is still a lie, even if everybody believes it." ++ Venerable Archbishop Fulton Sheen
"Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris"

Ancilla Domini

Quote from: Ben on January 31, 2013, 10:04:39 AM
The Genius of Christianity by Chateaubriand.

Nice!  :)

Though you'll miss the beauty of his prose reading it in translation. :(

Quo Vadis

Archer started the same thread in arts & leisure.  I wonder if they can be combined, maybe in arts & leisure.

Arts and Leisure / Re: What are you reading right now? http://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?board=13.0

Anyways, Bear Hunting with the Politburo.
Since Christ Himself has said, "This is My Body" who shall dare to doubt that It is His Body?
-- St Cyril of Jerusalem

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Archer

"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Southern Ascetic

The Ladder of Divine Ascent by St. John Climacus  ;D

Bernadette

Just finished Great Expectations. Again. I think it was even better than usual, this time.  ;)
My Lord and my God.

Pheo

I'm just a few chapters into The Silmarillion, but it may already be my favourite book by Tolkien.

Quote from: Bernadette on February 03, 2013, 05:45:34 AM
Just finished Great Expectations. Again. I think it was even better than usual, this time.  ;)

Good choice!  I'll have to read that again sometime soon.
Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.

Quo Vadis

Quote from: Bernadette on February 03, 2013, 05:45:34 AM
Glad to hear it. I also really like that book.
-- St Cyril of Jerusalem

PatrickG

FaithByProxy

Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us.