What are you listening to now. Classical or Sacred.

Started by Albis, September 22, 2019, 11:22:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albis

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

Gerard

Literally listening to this as I clicked on the thread. 

Arvo Part:  Spiegel Im Spiegel (Mirrors in Mirrors)

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ6Mzvh3XCc[/yt]

red solo cup

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

red solo cup

Chestertonian

"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

red solo cup

red solo cup

Philip G.

For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

TheReturnofLive

Lyrics:

"Behold, the Bridegroom comes at midnight,

And blessed is that servant whom He shall find watching,

And again, unworthy is the servant whom He shall find heedless.

Beware, therefore, O my soul, do not be weighed down with sleep,

Lest you be given up to death, and lest you be shut out of the Kingdom.

But rouse yourself crying: Holy, Holy, Holy, art Thou, O our God,

Through the Theotokos have mercy on us."
"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles but irrigate deserts." - C.S. Lewis

red solo cup

Philip G.

Here's the lyrics as brought by user @riabinuska. Enjoy!

1.Ah, it is not yet evening, but I have taken an tiny little nap, and a dream came to me;
2.In the dream that came to me, it was as if my raven-black horse was playing about, dancing about, beneath the bold, brave youth.
3.Ah, and there wild winds came flying out of the east, and they ripped the black cap from that wild head of mine.
4.Ah, the sounding bow was ripped off the mighty shoulder, ah, the tempered arrows were scattered on damp mother earth,
5.Ah, who will be there for me, that he would interpret this dream? Ah, the esaul was a clever one, the esaul unravelled all of that dream:
6."Stepan, our dear, Timofeyevich, you whom they call Razin, off of your head fell the black cap: off will come that wild head of yours.
7."Ripped away, alas, was the sounding bow: for me, the esaul, there will be a hanging. Ah, scattered were the tempered arrows: our Cossacks, alas, they will all turn to flight."
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12