27 years ago, the Soviet Union fell - on Christmas Day!!! A Christmas Miracle.

Started by Xavier, January 06, 2019, 12:45:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xavier

"On December 25, 1991, the Soviet hammer and sickle flag lowered for the last time over the Kremlin, thereafter replaced by the Russian tricolor. Earlier in the day, Mikhail Gorbachev resigned his post as president of the Soviet Union, leaving Boris Yeltsin as president of the newly independent Russian state. People all over the world watched in amazement at this relatively peaceful transition from former Communist monolith into multiple separate nations." https://history.state.gov/milestones/1989-1992/collapse-soviet-union

Traces of the hand of Our Lord and Our Lady behind the scenes were all over the fall of various former Soviet dictatorships in eastern europe, with significant events happening on feasts of Our Lady of Fatima.

It had been hardly 8 years since the Pope and the Bishops (on March 25th, 1984) partially Consecrated Russia and we already saw such a historically defining movement. What will we not see when it is completed fully. Many historians, even secularists, now openly credit the Catholic Church for engineering the fall of atheistic Communism, as also U.S. president Ronald Reagan and President Lech Walesa of Poland.

Another Christmas miracle in the last century took place in 1914. International freemasonry, which the Popes had long warned about, exploited divisions to provoke world war i. They had two main goals (1) to weaken and try to destroy western Christendom in Europe, and (2) to try and start their Bolshevik revolution in poor Russia, which they finally did in 1917. Only the Papacy understood what was going on, and Christ through His Vicar Pope Benedict XV implored for peace and lamented "the suicide of civilized Europe", calling for a Christmas day truce. Although worldly powers didn't want to listen to the Pope, the Prince of Peace brought a temporary peace to warring nations on Christmas day.

"Did you know? On December 7, 1914, Pope Benedict XV suggested a temporary hiatus of the war for the celebration of Christmas. The warring countries refused to create any official cease-fire, but on Christmas the soldiers in the trenches declared their own unofficial truce. Starting on Christmas Eve, many German and British troops sang Christmas carols to each other across the lines, and at certain points the Allied soldiers even heard brass bands joining the Germans in their joyous singing." https://www.history.com/.amp/topics/world-war-i/christmas-truce-of-1914 In a world gone mad and drunk on the bloodlust of war, Jesus Christ, His Popes and His Church brought peace.
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

Innocent Smith

Quote from: Guapo on January 06, 2019, 11:30:38 AM

Good post :cheeseheadbeer:

Not really. He couldn't even muster the strength to mention JPII by name.

When Karol Wojty?a appeared on the balcony in October 1978 I said Poland will soon be free. I guess you can credit the Church if by the Church you mean Wojty?a. Of course the primary mover and shaker was the electrician Lech Walesa and the trade unions.

The fall of the Soviet Union has nothing to do with the ridiculous consecration. It has everything to do with the bravery of the Polish people and the Polish Pope.

And yeah, I said Polish Pope without meaning it in a derogatory way.
I am going to hold a pistol to the head of the modern man. But I shall not use it to kill him, only to bring him to life.

martin88nyc

Quote from: Innocent Smith on January 06, 2019, 01:24:14 PM
Quote from: Guapo on January 06, 2019, 11:30:38 AM

Good post :cheeseheadbeer:

Not really. He couldn't even muster the strength to mention JPII by name.

When Karol Wojty?a appeared on the balcony in October 1978 I said Poland will soon be free. I guess you can credit the Church if by the Church you mean Wojty?a. Of course the primary mover and shaker was the electrician Lech Walesa and the trade unions.

The fall of the Soviet Union has nothing to do with the ridiculous consecration. It has everything to do with the bravery of the Polish people and the Polish Pope.

And yeah, I said Polish Pope without meaning it in a derogatory way.
Walesa was an agent a plant. He is no hero but a traitor. American textbooks depict him as a national hero. His code name was "bolek"
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Heinrich

WW1 was done for the enthronement of global finance and the destruction of Germany and her economic system which was creating an incredible middle class with higher living standards than that "Royal throne of Kings." Not to mention Germany's preeminent manufacturing capabilities. I have also come across media giving the Czar credit for "liberalizing" his society, thus beginning to usher in a powerful Russia with oil and agriculture. Rockefeller and the Wall Street oligarchs couldn't have that competition. Hence, 1917.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

TheReturnofLive

Glory to God that the beast that was, is not, and will be has been thrown into the flames of fire where it belongs. May God prolong that dreadful day when the Final Antichrist comes - that will be hard to deal with considering the demon that was the Soviet Union, and what it did to our world.

But now that the beast is dead, we await the death of the disciples - God willing.

One of the Martyrs of the Russian Orthodox Church, Hilarion Troitsky, Archbishop, was imprisoned when Lenin died, and when he heard about Lenin's death, he stood up, and said to the other imprisoned priests:
"Just think, Fathers, what is happening in Hell - Lenin himself has arrived - what a festival for the demons!"
"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles but irrigate deserts." - C.S. Lewis