Israel hits Iran

Started by james03, April 18, 2024, 10:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

james03

Not much detail.  Israeli missiles  went into Iran.  No damage reports yet.  I know that Putin had talked to Iran, so this may be an "allowed" face saving strike.

On the other hand, Iran said they will hit back hard if Israel attacks Iran, and Israel just did it.  If Iran hits Israel hard now, we will have a major Mid East war, and likely WW3.

In the meantime, fill up your gas tanks, because crude oil prices are fixin to go bonkers.  Let's hope that's the worst of it.

It began in Kiev.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

james03

QuoteIranian officials and outlets are claiming that all explosions heard tonight are due to interceptions and that no explosions have occurred "on the ground"

Looks like a weak face saving attack. Hopefully Putin and the US worked out a deal. Behind the scenes Iran gets to sell a bunch of oil. Developing.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

LausTibiChriste

This timeline is so boring and frustrating

Who does a "save face" strike? Back in my day, if someone bombed me, I'd annihilate them
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

clau clau

I've come to the conclusion that Israel's greatest strength's are:

- propaganda (they have relatives who died in the holocaust)
- American bombs
Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

awkward customer

Iran said it would retaliate in a big way if Israel attacked.

Is this the phony war stage before the real thing?

Baylee

Saving face?  Like Iran's attack was saving face?  How long does this go on?  How stupid.  Do we have children at the helm?

james03

QuoteIsraeli sources told the Post that it's unclear why the Pentagon disclosed to the American media that Israel was involved; they could have remained silent, they say. They could have preserved Iran's dignity and avoided escalating the situation on their own.

Translation:  Israel DEFINITELY doesn't want escalation after this very minor incursion into Iranian airspace with perhaps some surveillance drones. Won't even claim credit, using the American media to hype it instead to satisfy the Israel public. And the Whitehouse is screwing it up.

Looks like Iran isn't going to respond. There were back deals cut over this.

One thing this demonstrates is that Iran is the more serious and civilized country when compared to Israel.

Also you can bet Russia helped diffuse the situation.

Greg

I had a bonfire here last night and burnt some old fence panels.  My 10 year old threw an empty "tyre care" aerosol into the washing machine drum and the explosion was absolutely epic.  The Russian mother of two children we were looking after ran out in a panic but I had made sure the kids had retreated to a safe spot.

"Don't throw any more cans in children", she said.  "How many do you think I have saved up?"

Not sure what is in that Tyre Care stuff but never seen an aerosol can explode with such force.  Kids absolutely loved it.  They were in awe.  They should do that in science teach the ideal gas laws.

The sparks that flew out of the fire pit looked like Gandalf and the Balrog had just fall out of the clouds.

If the police were not busy chasing pronoun abusers I reckon we would have got a visit.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Greg

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on April 19, 2024, 01:31:16 AMThis timeline is so boring and frustrating

Who does a "save face" strike? Back in my day, if someone bombed me, I'd annihilate them

Bloody liberals.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.