Long shot but worth the ask - bunk beds

Started by diaduit, February 28, 2024, 01:45:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diaduit

Anyone know of a store that sells these bunk beds or have any themselves to sell....the company only do bulk amounts.

I earn extra income for the family by hosting foreign language students on short stays and mainly keep boys upto 15 years old.  They wrecked bunk beds I had already and I'd love something more sturdy that will last.

https://heavydutybunkbeds.com/

Any engineer heads out there, would my bunk beds last longer if the ladder went to the ground.  All my nuts and bolts got loosened over time with teenagers bulk climbing up and down on the bunks and horse playing I would imagine too.  This is something like what I had

https://www.easyfurniture.ie/adult-bunk-bed-34-easy-premium-line-34-k18-n-headboard-with-holes-solid-beech-white-90-x-190-cm-l-x-w-convertible-102223.html?utm_content=SG-M18-333-V2&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiArfauBhApEiwAeoB7qKgVcgmdkIpPo-N1B-DpgTn-Egu5orb-xpvoTXgFT-6kQty_2P9p9xoCvC0QAvD_BwE

Kaesekopf

Quote from: diaduit on February 28, 2024, 01:45:14 AMAny engineer heads out there, would my bunk beds last longer if the ladder went to the ground.  All my nuts and bolts got loosened over time with teenagers bulk climbing up and down on the bunks and horse playing I would imagine too.  This is something like what I had

Could you just re-assemble the old style bunk beds with some threadlocking glue?  (Loctite, etc)?
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

diaduit

Hubby tried it and we got another few weeks out of it, they are wrecked now. 

Kaesekopf

Quote from: diaduit on February 28, 2024, 02:39:22 PMHubby tried it and we got another few weeks out of it, they are wrecked now. 

Oh, dang. 

Hrm. This is beyond my pay grade.

@Greg might have better advice?
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Greg

Go on ebay and get second hand metal bunk beds from IKEA.  The metal tube type.

They are indestructible.  Prison quality.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

diaduit

Quote from: Greg on February 28, 2024, 09:49:34 PMGot on ebay and get second hand metal bunk beds from IKEA.  The metal tube type.

They are indestructible.  Prison quality.

Thats what I'm looking for but I thought Ikea, maybe crap quality, good to know they are good quality. Thanks.

Is this what you're talking about?
https://www.ikea.com/ie/en/p/vitval-bunk-bed-frame-white-light-grey-80411272/

Greg

Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Greg

diaduit

hahha, hopefully none of my young students will be a future epstein...
I found metal bunk beds that are used for assylum seekers units here on a second hand website including mattresses (brand new, someone over bought) and delivered.

I would never have considered metal, thought they would be light weight like school room chairs type so thanks for that.

moneil

For the fifteen years I was a herd manager at the Washington State University dairy center I was also the alumni advisor for my collegiate fraternity.  When the chapter moved into a new (new to them, the building was built in the 1920's) we purchased Ikea metal bunk beds for the study rooms.  I don't know the model number or if there was more than one model choice as I didn't make the purchase.  I did help the guys assemble their beds, and I made regular property inspections on behalf of the House Corporation.  I agree with Greg, Ikea metal bunkbeds are ... "indestructible.  Prison quality."

When I was a board member, and for a time corporation treasurer, of the House Corporation we used to "rank" appliances and furnishings in ascending order as residential quality, institutional quality, prison quality, and then fraternity house quality..