My book- Defending Dixie's Land!

Started by bilbobaggins, November 24, 2023, 08:34:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bilbobaggins

Quote from: AlfredtheGreat on December 02, 2023, 01:19:26 PMSad to see how many still buy the Lost Cause myth. Even sadder to see how many northerners fly that rebel rag which represented slavery (read the state secession articles and southern speeches of the time) and treason.

Thankfully the historical narrative is undergoing a much needed correction. Enjoy your Lost Cause while you can, treason sympathizers.

Signed,

Proud great great grandson of a brave Union soldier who was severely injured putting down the southern slaver rebellion.

I quote from all 16 secession documents as well as dozens of speeches and more.I do find slavery mentioned among many causes however when placed in its 1860 context, we see it is not the preservation of slavery (it was under no threat North or South) but the federals intrusion on the rights of the states over the issue of slavery. That is also why I have a chapter on the Union before Lincoln degraded us into a nation. Pre 1860 American were not used to being abused by the federal as we are today. So if the federal intruded on an area (slavery or otherwise) they responded as the South did. It was actually more common in the North since the southern representatives controlled the federal for most of our history till that point.

dueSicilie

Bilbo, I was just reading the introduction and it was very good. Are you familiar with Brion McClanahan and the Abbeville Institute?

dueSicilie

Quote from: AlfredtheGreat on December 02, 2023, 01:19:26 PMSad to see how many still buy the Lost Cause myth. Even sadder to see how many northerners fly that rebel rag which represented slavery (read the state secession articles and southern speeches of the time) and treason.

Thankfully the historical narrative is undergoing a much needed correction. Enjoy your Lost Cause while you can, treason sympathizers.

Signed,

Proud great great grandson of a brave Union soldier who was severely injured putting down the southern slaver rebellion.

You also enjoy the Righteous Cause myth.

Why don't you give this book a chance?

There was no treason. The States seceded. If a State secedes from the Union, the men of that State no longer owe allegiance to that Union. The Federal Government is a creature of the States, not the other way around.

Gardener

Just ordered a paperback version.

FWIW, your original link to Amazon is broken (at least on my end) and the link from the Abbeville review is good.

https://www.amazon.com/Defending-Dixies-Land-American-Should/dp/B0C1J3J6Z6/ref=sr_1_1?sr=8-1

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Kaesekopf

Quote from: AlfredtheGreat on December 02, 2023, 01:19:26 PMProud great great grandson of a brave Union soldier who was severely injured putting down the southern slaver rebellion.

It's crazy how people think they're allowed to massacre others for not holding the same political opinions. 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Bonaventure

Signed,

Hard to whine about treason when the whole f'n thing is a product of . . . Treason!
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Bonaventure on May 09, 2024, 11:59:41 PM

Signed,

Hard to whine about treason when the whole f'n thing is a product of . . . Treason!

Boom.

You forgot the obligatory reference to Freemasonry  :cheeseheadbeer:  :cheeseheadbeer:
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

dueSicilie

Signed,

If the States were right to declare independence in 1776, which was an act of secession then the South was right in 1861.

Heinrich

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on May 10, 2024, 02:52:02 AM

Signed,

Boom.

You forgot the obligatory reference to Freemasonry  :cheeseheadbeer:  :cheeseheadbeer:

More Masons in British officer corps than US.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Bonaventure

Quote from: dueSicilie on May 10, 2024, 07:40:27 AM

Signed,

If the States were right to declare independence in 1776, which was an act of secession then the South was right in 1861.

As one who has sworn a solemn oath before Man and God to "support and defend the Constitution of the United States, against all enemies, foreign and domestic." Also having added that I took this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion, may I take the Bishop Williamson position - both were wrong.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Heinrich on May 10, 2024, 09:28:18 AM

Signed,

Boom.

Undoubtedly
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Bonaventure

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on May 10, 2024, 10:11:39 AM
Quote from: Heinrich on May 10, 2024, 09:28:18 AM

Signed,

Boom.

Undoubtedly

So what.

One of the supposed intolerable acts was the Quebec Act.  Indeed, this was cited as Grievance 20 in the Declaration of Independence:

Quote"For abolishing the free System of English Laws in a neighboring Province, establishing therein an Arbitrary government, and enlarging its Boundaries to render it at once an example and fit instrument for introducing the same absolute rule into these Colonies

What was does this refer to?

The establishment and guarantee of the exercise of "Popery."