Done Anything Fun Lately?

Started by piabee, March 11, 2013, 01:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heinrich

Quote from: zork on October 12, 2015, 03:54:57 PM
Kein Problem. I just live here; trying to get back to the NKY.

Oh. Cov Catholic, then. Is Highlands still dominating he football?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

zork

Quote from: Heinrich on October 12, 2015, 07:37:58 PM

Pretty much!
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

Lydia Purpuraria

Quote from: zork on October 13, 2015, 05:08:18 PM

Pretty much!

We have friends whose backyard butted up to Highlands.  The babies had to get used to sleeping with sound of cannons during football season.  LOL.

Chestertonian

"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Chestertonian

Quote from: dymphna17 on October 10, 2015, 09:42:20 PM
Thanks be to God, I actually got in WUFI (World Ultralight Fly In)!  Yay!  It was really windy up at the runway today, but it started dying down around 6:00 pm.  I was getting really nervous because the sun was sinking fast.  I flew with a friend in his paramotor.  There were a couple of us who didn't get to go up this morning before the winds kicked in, so we went in succession.  Then our niece, who was celebrating her 16th birthday came up and went for a ride.  She screamed most of the time (not cool when you have earmuffs on that are connected to the pilot  :eek:) but it was mostly for dramatic effect since her little friends were with her for her birthday party.  She really, really liked it she said.   :lol:

Most of all, I got to go see my friend in the hospital who is dying (Mr Belderok).  It was very hard, but I'm so glad I made it.  I don't know why that was so important, but it was.  Now that I think about it, he's the one that got us into flying in the first place.  Wow.  Anyway, his dear wife was there so I got to talk to her a little as well.  She is doing much better than I would be. 

It was a very good vertical day.  I'm pushing a record here and I like it.  Deo Gratias!
sounds like a bitter sweet day... will pray for him
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Chestertonian

my son came to visit and brought the chess board spent a bit of time showing him some basic stuff and we played part of a game before we got interrupted

Heinrich

Quote from: Lydia Purpuraria on October 13, 2015, 05:15:25 PM

Pretty much!

We have friends whose backyard butted up to Highlands.  The babies had to get used to sleeping with sound of cannons during football season.  LOL.

That's the prettiest part of the Greater Cincy area, hands down. I need to get back there to hang out in Newport so I write an entry into this thread.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Lydia Purpuraria

Quote from: Heinrich on October 14, 2015, 09:54:02 AM

Pretty much!

That's the prettiest part of the Greater Cincy area, hands down. I need to get back there to hang out in Newport so I write an entry into this thread.

Hofbräuhaus?   :)

queen.saints

Quote from: Lydia Purpuraria on October 14, 2015, 10:27:33 AM

Pretty much!

That much coveted location where hordes of Irish and Germans gather for libations, their enjoyment all the more hightened by the thought of their younger siblings at home.
I am sorry for the times I have publicly criticized others on this forum, especially traditional Catholic religious, and any other scandalous posts and pray that no one reads or believes these false and ignorant statements.

MilesChristi

There's a bar across the river rooting for the right team...I shall join them
The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

Heinrich

I am old school: Mansion Hill tavern.

Pretty much!

Lydia Purpuraria

Quote from: queen.saints on October 14, 2015, 10:35:45 AM

Pretty much!

That much coveted location where hordes of Irish and Germans gather for libations, their enjoyment all the more hightened by the thought of their younger siblings at home.

;D 

Chestertonian

I did my son's bedtime routine for the first time in a long time

it is different from the way my wife does it, we both sing ave maris stella and veni creator spiritus, say different prayers.  i bless him with holy water, she does not do that

he sat in my lap and commented that i dont put him to bed very often.  he said, "it is kind of like the rosary though.  it goes, mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, daddy.  just like, 'hail mary, hail mary, hail mary, hail maryhail mary, hail mary, our father.  she gets the little beads and you are the big bead."

Non Nobis

Quote from: Chestertonian on October 20, 2015, 12:33:48 AM
I did my son's bedtime routine for the first time in a long time

it is different from the way my wife does it, we both sing ave maris stella and veni creator spiritus, say different prayers.  i bless him with holy water, she does not do that

he sat in my lap and commented that i dont put him to bed very often.  he said, "it is kind of like the rosary though.  it goes, mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, daddy.  just like, 'hail mary, hail mary, hail mary, hail maryhail mary, hail mary, our father.  she gets the little beads and you are the big bead."

:)
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Arun

Quote from: Chestertonian on October 13, 2015, 08:35:37 PM
my son came to visit and brought the chess board spent a bit of time showing him some basic stuff and we played part of a game before we got interrupted

Like chess? Hunt down an NZ film called "The Dark Horse". true story. brilliant film. first time Cliff Curtis played a Maori since Uncle f***in Bully (note to mods: that is the characters name btw; watch the film and you won't disagree) but really a friggin great movie. The fact it's a true story just is icing on the top.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih