Home altars

Started by Relicario, March 03, 2016, 05:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Relicario

Do you have home altar?

Here is the one my family has for Our Lady in the living room.

Ulrich Von Lichtenstein

I have a small Marian prayer shrine in the living room, with a large Serbian Orthodox triptych above and behind it on the wall (a gift from a friend who came from Serbia) which has been blessed by a Roman Catholic priest.

alicewyf

Yes. It is on the east wall of our dining room. I like the way it looks there (especially because we have some priceless to us family heirlooms like a very old, maybe 100 year old print of the sacred heart) but honestly we don't do a lot of praying there as a family. We do most of our praying in the master bedroom at the foot of our bed. We also have a crucifix there on the wall. I think we need a prie dieu or something.

ResRev

Here's one, when everything is like it's supposed to be.

Here's one from when the Christmas season gets too crazy to keep it all together...

"You shall seek me, and shall find me: when you shall seek me with all your heart." Jeremias 29:13

Sagradocorazon

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk
Jesus, Mary I love You, save souls

aquinas138

My icon wall:

I'm hoping to add a row of the festal icons and icons of each of our patron saints. The book stand is on top of my "liturgical bookshelf," so I have access to everything.
What shall we call you, O full of grace? * Heaven? for you have shone forth the Sun of Righteousness. * Paradise? for you have brought forth the Flower of immortality. * Virgin? for you have remained incorrupt. * Pure Mother? for you have held in your holy embrace your Son, the God of all. * Entreat Him to save our souls.

ResRev

Quote from: aquinas138 on March 09, 2016, 10:47:53 AM
My icon wall:

I'm hoping to add a row of the festal icons and icons of each of our patron saints. The book stand is on top of my "liturgical bookshelf," so I have access to everything.
Nice!
"You shall seek me, and shall find me: when you shall seek me with all your heart." Jeremias 29:13

dymphna17

I now have plants in gold colored planters on either side of the altar.  You can't see the plant with the angel praying underneath.  I get teased that the whole house is an altar because of the religious pictures and statues throughout the house.  But this is where we say our rosary and I say my prayers.  I'd like to get a kneeler  to go with it as well.  I wish I knew how to paint well or put up some kind of border, but that is not in my realm of abilities.  Maybe hire someone?  Someday...

?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Chief

Here are a few of our altars and prie dieu's.

Chief

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Chief

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Chief on June 01, 2016, 06:17:08 PM
Technology ::)

Thanks!

I need to write a primer on this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

ialsop

Where can I get a kneeler for my bedroom shrine?
The devil has always attempted, by means of the heretics, to deprive
the world of the Mass, making them precursors of the Anti-Christ, who,
before
anything else, will try to abolish and will actually abolish the Holy
Sacrament of the altar, as a punishment for the sins of men, according to
the
prediction of Daniel "And strength was given him against the continual
sacrifice" (Daniel 8:12D).  --St. Alphonsus Liguori, Doctor of the Church

One single Mass gives more honor to God than all the penances of the
Saints, the labors of the Apostles, the sufferings of the martyrs, and even
the burning love of the Blessed Mother of God.  --St. Alphonsus Liguori

dymphna17

Quote from: aquinas138 on March 09, 2016, 10:47:53 AM
My icon wall:

That is very nice.  If you don't mind, what are the two reeds crossed over your icons?
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica