What are you sipping RIGHT NOW?

Started by tmw89, January 02, 2013, 06:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archer

"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

VeraeFidei

Quote from: Dom Passerini on April 21, 2013, 01:35:16 PM
My oldest son made his first holy communion today, so I made sure to get something to help me celebrate this evening.  A couple brews from an Austrian brewery (Schloß Eggenberg) and a bottle of La Fin du Monde from Unibroue in Quebec.  Yay.

Water and coffee for now.
Fantastic! Congratulations to him!

BierKaiser

My oldest son made his first holy communion today, so I made sure to get something to help me celebrate this evening.  A couple brews from an Austrian brewery (Schloß Eggenberg) and a bottle of La Fin du Monde from Unibroue in Quebec.  Yay.

Congrats and excellent beer choices, especially la Fin du Monde!

Dom Passerini

Quote from: BierKaiser on April 21, 2013, 04:26:04 PM

Congrats and excellent beer choices, especially la Fin du Monde!

Thanks, this means a lot koming from the BierKaiser!  Thanks also to VeraeFidei and my man, the inimitable Voxx.  Voxx, thanks for the advice.  Fortunately he's in a good Society school and we are extremely guarded about the innocence of our boys. 

BK, have you ever had the Samichlaus Classic and the Helles version?  Costly but super-duper worth it in my book.  As a matter of fact, those are my go-to celebratory beers.  I rang in 2013 with a Samichlaus Helles while up on the 3rd floor roof of a house under construction in the area.  Yep, that's what I was doing at that time.  Climbing scaffolding etc.  Good times...  :)

And in keeping with the thread, I'm having a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale now but will soon move on to a Torpedo (same brewery).  AWESOME.  And when the boys are to bed I can finally have my more potent things.
a sparrow all alone on the housetop

stitchmom

kayla_veronica

May the most holy, most sacred, most adorable,
most incomprehensible and ineffable Name of God
be forever praised, blessed, loved, adored
and glorified in Heaven, on earth,
and under the earth,
by all the creatures of God,
and by the Sacred Heart of Our Lord Jesus Christ,
in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar.
Amen.

stitchmom

Dom Passerini

Coffee, but I sure ain't sipping!

BierKaiser

Quote from: Dom Passerini on April 21, 2013, 07:49:58 PM

Thanks, this means a lot koming from the BierKaiser!  Thanks also to VeraeFidei and my man, the inimitable Voxx.  Voxx, thanks for the advice.  Fortunately he's in a good Society school and we are extremely guarded about the innocence of our boys. 

BK, have you ever had the Samichlaus Classic and the Helles version?  Costly but super-duper worth it in my book.  As a matter of fact, those are my go-to celebratory beers.  I rang in 2013 with a Samichlaus Helles while up on the 3rd floor roof of a house under construction in the area.  Yep, that's what I was doing at that time.  Climbing scaffolding etc.  Good times...  :)

And in keeping with the thread, I'm having a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale now but will soon move on to a Torpedo (same brewery).  AWESOME.  And when the boys are to bed I can finally have my more potent things.

Samichlaus is powerful stuff.  Had the Helles recently, its really good.  Its been quite some time since I had the Classic.  Sierra Nevade PA used to be one of my goto beers back in the day.  I still like it, but there is so much more pale ales and IPAs out now.  I had Torpedo a few weeks ago, nice and hoppy.  :D

voxxpopulisuxx

Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

Dom Passerini

Quote from: BierKaiser on April 22, 2013, 08:42:23 PM
Quote from: Dom Passerini on April 21, 2013, 07:49:58 PM

Samichlaus is powerful stuff.  Had the Helles recently, its really good.  Its been quite some time since I had the Classic.  Sierra Nevade PA used to be one of my goto beers back in the day.  I still like it, but there is so much more pale ales and IPAs out now.  I had Torpedo a few weeks ago, nice and hoppy.  :D

True.  Samichlaus just keeps piling on every time I have one (or two).  I can feel the effects growing for quite a while after.  There are only a few brews that I know of that are stronger.  DFH's Worldwide Stout (18%) and there's also a Russian Imp. stout that I haven't tried yet, but my brother bought me a case of it and it is languishing at his pad in LA.  Sierra Nevada used to be my go-to as well, until they came out with their Torpedo.  Then I switched.  And then I found Total Wine and their selection is huge.  I think my favorite IPA is probably Bell's Two Hearted.  Mmmm, and it doesn't cost nearly as much as a lot of others.

Right now I'm having a Rye'd Piper from Ale Industries in Concord, CA.  I don't think I've ever heard of this brewery before.

voxxpopulisuxx

Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

piabee

Quote from: Dom Passerini on April 22, 2013, 09:38:34 PM
Right now I'm having a Rye'd Piper from Ale Industries in Concord, CA.  I don't think I've ever heard of this brewery before.

Me neither but now that I have I might have to visit their taproom!

kayla_veronica

black coffee again....trying to warm out before venturing out into the snow... >:(
May the most holy, most sacred, most adorable,
most incomprehensible and ineffable Name of God
be forever praised, blessed, loved, adored
and glorified in Heaven, on earth,
and under the earth,
by all the creatures of God,
and by the Sacred Heart of Our Lord Jesus Christ,
in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar.
Amen.