What are you sipping RIGHT NOW?

Started by tmw89, January 02, 2013, 06:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heinrich

Quote from: Arun on August 15, 2015, 03:38:41 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on August 15, 2015, 06:02:27 AM
Quote from: Arun on August 14, 2015, 04:52:28 PM
liquid breakfast schedule this morning; just finished my beet kvass, waiting ten minutes or so before i have a coffee then waiting twenty minutes or so before i knock back a beet, carrot, celery, apple, orange and maybe tomato juice, waiting around an hour before having a protein shake then off to hit the mats. #borntoroll

You have to be shredded. Why do you space it all out? Hunger suppression or nutrient distribution? Or both?

I am drinking a Costco brand coffee wit ahmend milque.

nah not shredded... it's spaced out like that because kvass gives the best health benefits when taken on its own, then the vege/fruit juice is taken 2 to 3 hours before cardiovascular training to maximise the benefits of the nitrites on oxygen distribution in the bloodstream while training. protein shake with glutamine and BCAAs about 30 mins before training to aid peak performance. pretty much just base it off what i've read, really, and doing the best i can.

hunger suppression isn't really a problem for me in the morning; it's forcing myself to eat that's the hard part. some days i'll have oats and honey about an hour before training also.

Shouldn't this be a post work out consumption?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Arun

Quote from: Heinrich on August 15, 2015, 09:41:24 PM
Quote from: Arun on August 15, 2015, 03:38:41 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on August 15, 2015, 06:02:27 AM
Quote from: Arun on August 14, 2015, 04:52:28 PM
liquid breakfast schedule this morning; just finished my beet kvass, waiting ten minutes or so before i have a coffee then waiting twenty minutes or so before i knock back a beet, carrot, celery, apple, orange and maybe tomato juice, waiting around an hour before having a protein shake then off to hit the mats. #borntoroll

You have to be shredded. Why do you space it all out? Hunger suppression or nutrient distribution? Or both?

I am drinking a Costco brand coffee wit ahmend milque.

nah not shredded... it's spaced out like that because kvass gives the best health benefits when taken on its own, then the vege/fruit juice is taken 2 to 3 hours before cardiovascular training to maximise the benefits of the nitrites on oxygen distribution in the bloodstream while training. protein shake with glutamine and BCAAs about 30 mins before training to aid peak performance. pretty much just base it off what i've read, really, and doing the best i can.

hunger suppression isn't really a problem for me in the morning; it's forcing myself to eat that's the hard part. some days i'll have oats and honey about an hour before training also.

Shouldn't this be a post work out consumption?

a lot of people recommend it for post-workout but there's a whole bunch of articles out there that recommend using it as your pre-workout (or both but it's kind of expensive so i only hit it once per day) to fuel the muscles. because Jiu Jitsu combines both aerobic and anaerobic activities in unpredictable combinations i find the combination of correctly timed nitrites and then protein/glutamine/BCAAs does help me push a little harder.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

LoneWolfRadTrad

Yesterday, it was Sun King's Cream Ale, then some sort of hard cider, then two of Upland's beers (at their main brewery), then a big mug of Old Style and an Irish Car Bomb, then a bottle of Third Shift lager.

Today, another Sun King Cream Ale and a Budweiser at lunch, then at dinner at another brewery some sort of dark beer called Black Rock (very hoppy, like 65 IBUs, ugh), a Star City lager, then a hard cider at the same place, then at a buddy's apartment, some sort of tequila, a Cuba Libre, and a very small sample of a beer.

piabee

Michael Wilson

Ice Cold Coors Extra Gold Lager; I just came back from a walk and its in the 90's here and that beer tastes just like its name!
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

LoneWolfRadTrad

Budweiser, Corona, Stroh's, Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy.

Lynne

Quote from: LoneWolfRadTrad on August 18, 2015, 11:15:47 AM

You're sipping 4 beers at once?  :)
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

LoneWolfRadTrad

Quote from: Lynne on August 18, 2015, 11:54:27 AM

HA! In succession.  Last night at a redneck bar with a buddy.

Lynne

Quote from: LoneWolfRadTrad on August 18, 2015, 12:04:42 PM
Quote from: Lynne on August 18, 2015, 11:54:27 AM

HA! In succession.  Last night at a redneck bar with a buddy.

Whew!  ::)
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Kaesekopf

I had Not Your Father's Root Beer last week.

I wouldn't buy it.  Not a fan.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

LoneWolfRadTrad

Quote from: Kaesekopf on August 18, 2015, 12:56:16 PM

Yeah, it's not great great.  Just ok.  I wouldn't blow money on it.  If someone offered me one, and it's all they had, I MIGHT have one.  Not sure.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: LoneWolfRadTrad on August 18, 2015, 01:21:47 PM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on August 18, 2015, 12:56:16 PM

Yeah, it's not great great.  Just ok.  I wouldn't blow money on it.  If someone offered me one, and it's all they had, I MIGHT have one.  Not sure.

I wouldn't even go that far.  Someone let me drink one last week, it was hard to even drink, I thought.  It just had such a .... weird after-taste. 

Arun

What is it exactly? Lacto-fermented sarsparilla root or something? Or saffrole?

I make lacto-fermented ginger ale that's pretty nice, for the kids, and an alcoholic ginger beer for the grownups which is very refreshing in summer.

Currently drinking a coffee.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

Kaesekopf

Couldn't tell ya.  Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk