What are you sipping RIGHT NOW?

Started by tmw89, January 02, 2013, 06:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Arun on July 14, 2015, 04:25:03 PM
anybody like beet kvass? gonna make some to see what its' like

Tell me what you think of the kvass... I've yet to try it, but it sounds good. I like kombucha and I think it's kind of sort of similar... .
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Arun

yuck i hate kombucha lol. the recipe for beet kvass i got has lemon and ginger in it as well, sounds pretty nice.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

Arun

ended up using a meyer lemon in the kvass, the smell alone had me wanting to sip it right now lol. used some juice from my homemade naturally started sauerkraut as a starter and am starting to see signs of fermentation, the whole thing smells real good... can't wait till it's ready... gonna have to make bigger batches though this one is just under a litre and won't last long.

juicer arrived today, kids went nuts shoving all kinds of fruit combos in there. rose apples and kiwifruit was pretty good. i had rose apple, kiwifruit, celery, and beetroot. the lemon all wnet into the beet kvass otherwise i would of used some in there too. very nice juice.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Deirdre

I want a juicer so badly. I'd much rather drink fruit than eat it.
My Lord and my God.

Arun

Quote from: Bernadette on July 16, 2015, 12:50:42 AM

i like fruit, its about the only sweet food i can still eat without tooth pain nowdays. part of getting older i think. but vegetable juice is a much faster way to get a quick boost than eating them.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Arun on July 16, 2015, 03:03:28 AM

i like fruit, its about the only sweet food i can still eat without tooth pain nowdays. part of getting older i think. but vegetable juice is a much faster way to get a quick boost than eating them.

Have you tried making coconut oil toothpaste?  I had a tooth ache awhile back and tried some, tooth hasn't bothered me since. 

We have a juicer I got at the local discount store.  I really like it, when I use it....it's so bulky and hard to clean, that I don't hassle with it much, unless I have an over abundance of fruits/vegetables. 

MilesChristi

The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

Kaesekopf

Water

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Prayerful

Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Daniel

Mystic Monk lemongrass mint green tea with honey in it.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Arun on July 14, 2015, 04:34:13 PM
yuck i hate kombucha lol. the recipe for beet kvass i got has lemon and ginger in it as well, sounds pretty nice.

me tpp

i tried kombucha someone told me it was good for GI problems... was sick for days
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Arun

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on July 16, 2015, 05:32:38 AM

Have you tried making coconut oil toothpaste?  I had a tooth ache awhile back and tried some, tooth hasn't bothered me since. 

We have a juicer I got at the local discount store.  I really like it, when I use it....it's so bulky and hard to clean, that I don't hassle with it much, unless I have an over abundance of fruits/vegetables.

nah i'll give that a go. tooth pain is mainly cos i still have about three or four that need to be pulled since a few years ago, just can't afford the dentist bill at the moment. my front two have almost rotted all the way through in the middle too lol gonna end up with a gap.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Arun on July 16, 2015, 07:06:36 PM
Quote from: MundaCorMeum on July 16, 2015, 05:32:38 AM

nah i'll give that a go. tooth pain is mainly cos i still have about three or four that need to be pulled since a few years ago, just can't afford the dentist bill at the moment. my front two have almost rotted all the way through in the middle too lol gonna end up with a gap.

That sounds terribly painful!  Here's the recipe I use: http://modernhippiehousewife.com/2014/04/24/homemade-coconut-oil-toothpaste/.  I'm sure you can find plenty on Google, too.  I tried two different ones, but I like this one best.  I won't lie, it doesn't taste wonderful, but it definitely helped my toothache, and my teeth feel much cleaner when I use it.  Hope it helps.  At the very least, it can't hurt to try and it's cheaper than the dentist. 

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

piabee

Peet's cold brew, black. It is delicious.