TV You're Watching

Started by piabee, August 02, 2013, 01:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

piabee

Quote from: The Harlequin King on August 01, 2013, 08:29:02 PM
But I thought this thread was for movies, not TV shows. If it were about serials, I'd post here a lot more frequently.

Then let's make it about television! I am working my way through Breaking Bad before it returns next Sunday. I have also been watching Under the Dome, which is amusing in its sheer ridiculousness. And of course I could not miss the triumphant return of Who's Line Is It Anyway? but the (restored) novelty is waning. Catfish: The TV Show has had some interesting stories this season although I didn't care much for the few episodes of season one that I saw. But that's just if I have time and remember to stream it. It's all about the Nev-Max bromance.

Othmar

I'm currently watching both the IT Crowd (which people recommended to me after I watched Big Bang Theory and really disliked it) and Terry Jones' Medieval Lives. So far they're both quite good.

Der Kaiser

The Tudors for about the 500th time and Vikings. Starting Downton Abbey season 3 next week when I finish up the Tudors.
"If a Pope changes the rites of the sacraments he puts himself outside the Church and is Anathema"-Pope Innocent III

"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of Anti-Christ"-Our Lady of La Sallette

The hebrews have not recognized the lord, therefore we can not recognize the hebrews.-St Pius X

Der Kaiser

Quote from: Othmar on August 02, 2013, 04:35:16 AM
I'm currently watching both the IT Crowd (which people recommended to me after I watched Big Bang Theory and really disliked it) and Terry Jones' Medieval Lives. So far they're both quite good.

Big Bang Theory can be a bit vulgar at times, but I went to School with nerds just like those guys so I can relate. However I have never had a neighbor that looks like Penny so I can not relate to that.   8)
"If a Pope changes the rites of the sacraments he puts himself outside the Church and is Anathema"-Pope Innocent III

"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of Anti-Christ"-Our Lady of La Sallette

The hebrews have not recognized the lord, therefore we can not recognize the hebrews.-St Pius X

Othmar

Quote from: Der Kaiser on August 02, 2013, 05:03:37 AM
Quote from: Othmar on August 02, 2013, 04:35:16 AM

Big Bang Theory can be a bit vulgar at times, but I went to School with nerds just like those guys so I can relate. However I have never had a neighbor that looks like Penny so I can not relate to that.   8)
I'm rather like one of those guys, and the show's kinda insulting. It seems that being a geek/nerd is the punchline of every joke in the episodes I've watched. Basing myself on the laugh track, you're not supposed to laugh at the references (not that such lazy humour is actually funny), but simply because they say 'nerdish' stuff. And Sheldon is quite obviously a stereotypical Asperger without any redeeming qualities.

The Harlequin King

Like you, I'm watching Breaking Bad. I'm halfway into season 4 now. Not sure why it's so popular among folks in this forum, beyond it being entertaining in general. I appreciate the "ordinary" approach the show takes, right down to the plain-looking actors.

Besides that, I mentioned elsewhere that I watched the entire Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra earlier this summer. Definitely one of the best animated shows ever, and is better than most live-action shows for adults. I recommend it to everybody.

Couldn't find an intro for the original series, but this is the second series' one.
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLLyJtI-ZeM[/yt]

I've also been watching a series called Copper, which is an unusual hybrid of the police procedural and the period drama. It's set in New York City in the year 1865, so it's basically Gangs of New York: The Series... except from a cop's perspective, of course.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMWhtjgmC3U[/yt]

Older Salt

Stay away from the near occasion of sin

Unless one is deeply attached to the Blessed Virgin Mary, now in time, it impossible to attain salvation.

Habitual_Ritual

Madmen

The Americans

Walking Dead

Longmire

Oddities

Black's Books

Parenthood

V    (getting bored of this)

The Killing
" There exists now an enormous religious ignorance. In the times since the Council it is evident we have failed to pass on the content of the Faith."

(Pope Benedict XVI speaking in October 2002.)

The Harlequin King

Quote from: Older Salt on August 02, 2013, 07:58:17 AM
Do not own a Boob-Tube.

Presumably you posted on a computer, so you can watch television serials on the same device.

zork

Random episodes of MST3K

How I Met Your Mother

Continuum

Fringe

Mad Men

Walking Dead
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

Adeodatus

Do not own a Boob-Tube.

I think the only person I know who watches "TV shows" on an actual television is my grandmother.
¡Viva Cristo Rey!
Sh'ma Yisrael Adonai Eloheinu Adonai E?ad

The Harlequin King

Quote from: Adeodatus on August 02, 2013, 11:13:49 AM
Do not own a Boob-Tube.

I think the only person I know who watches "TV shows" on an actual television is my grandmother.

To be fair, I hate watching or playing anything on a small screen. I use a large HDTV connected to a desktop computer. It doesn't have any cable or broadcast channels, though.

piabee

Quote from: Habitual_Ritual on August 02, 2013, 08:09:54 AM
Parenthood

Love this show.

Quote from: Adeodatus on August 02, 2013, 11:13:49 AM

Not only do I watch TV on a TV, I own a TiVo.

Ancilla Domini

I was looking forward to a new season of telenovelas, particularly La Tempestad, but so far it has proven disappointing.  :(

Spooky