Nuptial Mass chants

Started by LausTibiChriste, August 18, 2018, 12:42:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LausTibiChriste

So I be getting married soon (poor woman)...anyways, our Mass will be Solemn High and we need some music for it, so I thought I would come to y'all for suggestions. We need chants for:

1) when we process down the aisle
2) Short one for in between marriage ceremony and start of Mass
3) Concluding hymn for when we process out

There is only one rule: No organ...at any time and under all circumstances. Chant only baby. I'll entertain polyphony as a last resort.

Thanks
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Serviam

With fear and trembling work out your salvation.

Serviam

Gardener

Dies Irae? :D

Just kidding. I'll get my wife's thought on this as she is a chant geek.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Gardener

Quote from: Gardener's wife
What about music for the offertory and Communion?

You can never, ever, go wrong by honoring Our Lady.  If you present flowers to her at some point during your wedding, this would be great, or for the time between the vows and Mass.  I suppose it could also make for a solemn processing in.  Although, for what it's worth, I've never been to a traditional nuptial Mass with a long enough space between vows and Mass to justify music. 

Or the version without the drone

Other ideas:

If it's not a Missa Cantata, the introit for the Mass would be good for a processional.

I couldn't remember what day you are doing this, so I assume the offertory and communion, etc. will be of the day and not nuptial per se.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

LausTibiChriste

Merci beaucoup Madam G

Feast of Our Lady of Sorrows.

Definitely going to honour Our Lady...thinking Salve Regina when we go to Her altar at the end to give Her flowers.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Lynne

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on August 18, 2018, 03:57:41 PM
Merci beaucoup Madam G

Definitely going to honour Our Lady...thinking Salve Regina when we go to Her altar at the end to give Her flowers.

It will be beautiful. You're going to live stream it, right?
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Serviam

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on August 18, 2018, 03:57:41 PM
Merci beaucoup Madam G

Hard to beat the Salve Regina, but this is at least worth a listen.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQxtzZtQRBI[/yt]

It's beautiful.

Edit. Had to add one other Marian hymn, from another thread...

[yt][/yt]

VeraeFidei

Between Ceremony & Mass should be the Introit. Because there is no Asperges, you can start the Introit while the Ministers vest (Celebrant from Cope>Chasuble and (Sub)Deacons while putting Maniples on. If they need to extend the time, they can always add a verse from the Psalm from which the Introit is taken.

PerEvangelicaDicta

whew, coming up pretty quickly my friend!

will there be a video recording? 
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19