Hundreds of Priests Accused in Pennsylvania, Church of Accompaniment in Crisis

Started by Habitual_Ritual, August 14, 2018, 02:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dellery

I don't believe these reports, especially coming from some person with the surname Shapiro.

I remember the call I received around a decade ago from, not coincidentally, a Jewish lawyer. He was representing "victims" of the diocese and saw I had been an alter server (still am!) and wanted to know if I had been abused in the past. After telling him "no" he pressed me further, explicitly saying I would be well compensated if answering in the affirmative. I could feel him winking at me through the phone. The only abusers in the dioceses are probably relatives of ol' Josh.
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

Mr. Mysterious

Quote from: Habitual_Ritual on August 14, 2018, 06:19:40 PM
I wonder if the veil will drop from Bill Donahue? He does good work but is blind to the sins and perversity of the hierarchy

He admitted some time ago he knew about McCarrick.
"Take courage! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Greg

Dellery...  This is a report whicn includes a description of priests raping little childen.  The Church got away with covering it up for ages.  So many decades of hush money and enforced silence, that the perverts got to live out their lives untroubled by prosecution and able to network with other clerical perverts.  In some cases the Church used its political ( electoral ) and financial power to silence victims.

Yet, you somehow conclude the problem is "the joos"?

If it wasn't for men like Shapiro this would still be happening.  And people like you would be claiming it was a "Jewish slander".
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Larry

Quote from: Sockpuppet on August 14, 2018, 07:43:16 PM
Father James McLucas, the former editor of Latin Mass Magazine and a frequently seen priest on the TLM circuit is also in the report.

It states that he started a sexual relationship with a girl at age 14 which continued into her adulthood.

I think I'm gonna be sick...
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

Mr. Mysterious

Quote from: Sockpuppet on August 14, 2018, 07:43:16 PM
Father James McLucas, the former editor of Latin Mass Magazine and a frequently seen priest on the TLM circuit is also in the report.

It states that he started a sexual relationship with a girl at age 14 which continued into her adulthood.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-news-priests-abuse-20180814-story.html#

Mr. Mysterious

One thing's for sure; forget about resignation, retirement or being booted like McCarrick was, Wuerl and a whole bunch of his confreres need to do time in the slammer. A long time.

Wuerl has left quite the paper trail for years and now past his 75th birthday it's unlikely he'll be forced out unless it's on his own terms.

https://catholic4lifeblog.wordpress.com/2013/12/22/flashback-bishop-wuerls-appointment-cause-for-concern/

http://newengelpublishing.com/pages/New-Oxford-Review.html

http://www.bishop-accountability.org/news2010/05_06/2010_05_16_ParisArrow_HomosexualColonization.htm

Sockpuppet

Quote from: dellery on August 14, 2018, 07:58:50 PM
I don't believe these reports, especially coming from some person with the surname Shapiro.

I remember the call I received around a decade ago from, not coincidentally, a Jewish lawyer. He was representing "victims" of the diocese and saw I had been an alter server (still am!) and wanted to know if I had been abused in the past. After telling him "no" he pressed me further, explicitly saying I would be well compensated if answering in the affirmative. I could feel him winking at me through the phone. The only abusers in the dioceses are probably relatives of ol' Josh.

You don't need to believe Shapiro. You can read all the dioceses' documents printed on their fancy letterhead wherein they admit over and over priests did horrible things and they slapped them on the wrist.  It's all there in the report.  Just be warned you may want to vomit to what priests casually admit they did and how their superiors showed little shock and were mostly just annoyed. 

Sockpuppet

I honestly think I might be banned if I reposted what these church documents say. I also think I would support such a ban. It's horrible stuff that I wish I hadn't looked at. 

Cantarella

We are in need of a Pope such as St. Pius V, speaking on the subject of sodomite clergy:

Quote"Having determined to do away with everything that may in some way offend the Divine Majesty, we resolve to punish, above all and without indulgence, those things which, by the authority of the Sacred Scriptures or by most grievous examples, are more repugnant to God than any others and raise His wrath: that is, negligence in divine worship, ruinous simony, the crime of blasphemy, and the execrable libidinous vice against nature. For such faults peoples and nations are scourged by God Who, according to His just condemnation, sends catastrophes, wars, famine, and pestilence ...

"Let the judges know that if, even after this our Constitution, they are negligent in punishing these crimes, they will not only be guilty of them in the divine judgment but also will incur our indignation ...

If someone commits that nefarious crime against nature that caused divine wrath to be unleashed against the children of iniquity, he will be given over to the secular arm for punishment [of death]; and if he is a cleric, he will be subject to the same punishment after having been stripped of all his degrees [of ecclesiastical dignity]."
If anyone says that true and natural water is not necessary for baptism and thus twists into some metaphor the words of our Lord Jesus Christ" Unless a man be born again of water and the Holy Spirit" (Jn 3:5) let him be anathema.

Sockpuppet

Quote from: Cantarella on August 14, 2018, 10:15:22 PM
We are in need of a Pope such as St. Pius V, speaking on the subject of sodomite clergy:

Quote"Having determined to do away with everything that may in some way offend the Divine Majesty, we resolve to punish, above all and without indulgence, those things which, by the authority of the Sacred Scriptures or by most grievous examples, are more repugnant to God than any others and raise His wrath: that is, negligence in divine worship, ruinous simony, the crime of blasphemy, and the execrable libidinous vice against nature. For such faults peoples and nations are scourged by God Who, according to His just condemnation, sends catastrophes, wars, famine, and pestilence ...

"Let the judges know that if, even after this our Constitution, they are negligent in punishing these crimes, they will not only be guilty of them in the divine judgment but also will incur our indignation ...

If someone commits that nefarious crime against nature that caused divine wrath to be unleashed against the children of iniquity, he will be given over to the secular arm for punishment [of death]; and if he is a cleric, he will be subject to the same punishment after having been stripped of all his degrees [of ecclesiastical dignity]."

Is there anything about what to do if a priest rapes a 5-year old girl and then tells his superior when he's accused of this crime that....well..."maybe it happened?"

And then said superior forwards him a memo that this against church policy and calls it a day?

Because there's a lot cases like this in the report. 

Sockpuppet

There is also the heartwarming story of a priest with multiple accusations of child abuse who the bishop was nice enough to write a recommendation for him (after he was laicized because he wanted to marry)...

...TO WORK AT DISNEY WORLD.

o.O.

Greg

Common sense (and adult experience) dictates that there is nothing special about Pennsylvania.

This clearly happened all over the world.  The same cover ups, the same abuses, the same hush money, the same horrors against the young. The same seminary directors with the same recruitment criteria.

Some places covered their crimes better.  We are just hearing about the ones who got caught.  Imagine how easy this abuse is to cover up in a corrupt country where justice can be purchased for money or political favours.  In Brazil the cops would just murder the victims and blame it on a gang shooting.

"I'm concerned about our people that they may be scandalized and tempted to turn their backs on God," Zubik told KDKA.

God is the only person I WOULD turn my back on.  His representives on earth either seem to be perverts or high sympathetic to their perversions.  Eyes forward with that lot.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Sockpuppet

Quote from: Greg on August 14, 2018, 10:45:00 PM
Common sense (and adult experience) dictates that there is nothing special about Pennsylvania.

This clearly happened all over the world.  The same cover ups, the same abuses, the same hush money, the same horrors against the young. The same seminary directors with the same recruitment criteria.

Some places covered their crimes better.  We are just hearing about the ones who got caught.  Imagine how easy this abuse is to cover up in a corrupt country where justice can be purchased for money or political favours.  In Brazil the cops would just murder the victims and blame it on a gang shooting.

"I'm concerned about our people that they may be scandalized and tempted to turn their backs on God," Zubik told KDKA.

God is the only person I WOULD turn my back on.  His representives on earth either seem to be perverts or high sympathetic to their perversions.  Eyes forward with that lot.

The crazy thing in PA is they wrote everything down neatly on their letterhead so that someday they could get their pants sued off.

I am partly disgusted that no one had the initiative to burn all of these documents.

Miriam_M

Quote from: Sockpuppet on August 14, 2018, 07:45:52 PM
Quote from: Miriam_M on August 14, 2018, 04:01:26 PM
This is the lead national story in all of the mainstream media.

(What a surprise.)

It should be.

Absolutely disgusting and awful.

Of course it is.  Wasn't arguing that it isn't, or that it shouldn't be the lead story.  Shameful. Shocking.

Miriam_M

I also feel very blessed and protected that I was never victimized in this way, by priests.  And I feel so sad that so many of these clerics were willing to risk their vocations, their souls, and the credibility of the Church to indulge their basest vices.  What demonic choices they made.