Keto recipe dump

Started by LausTibiChriste, June 30, 2018, 01:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LausTibiChriste

Pretty simple - post your favourite keto recipes y'all
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

MundaCorMeum

I'm boycotting keto.  everyone is doing it...not me!  and, I'm having carbs and wine with dinner   :P

LausTibiChriste

I do love me carbs...wine..potatoes..wine..potatoes..wine...wine..beer..pasta. But I do love me some keto too..meat...meat..meat...meat
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

MundaCorMeum

We're having t-bone steaks, veggies from the garden, potatoes, and wine. #winning

PerEvangelicaDicta

Jumping in to this thread 'cause I can hit and run  :-*     Crazy busy weekend....

This one is a little off the beaten track kinda keto, but I love to start the day with bulletproof coffee, styled to my liking:  Fuzed coffee, grass fed butter, mct oil, a splash of vanilla extract, some cinnamon, a touch of honey (I know.. carbs) and dark chocolate, whirred up in the blender.   The fat and mct supercharges the brain and I seem to have endless energy all day, plus great concentration.

Good thread, more later, I have also begun incorporating more carbs again.   :cheeseheadbeer:

They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

MundaCorMeum

We ran out of time on the potatoes, and the 5 year old said, "can I have just meat???". So, my boycotting efforts were thwarted  ::).  There was still wine, though, and a loaf of sourdough I baked earlier today that we decided to slice into.  I suppose I still consider that a win   :cheeseheadbeer:

Carleendiane

Quote from: PerEvangelicaDicta on June 30, 2018, 04:34:51 PM
Jumping in to this thread 'cause I can hit and run  :-*     Crazy busy weekend....

This one is a little off the beaten track kinda keto, but I love to start the day with bulletproof coffee, styled to my liking:  Fuzed coffee, grass fed butter, mct oil, a splash of vanilla extract, some cinnamon, a touch of honey (I know.. carbs) and dark chocolate, whirred up in the blender.   The fat and mct supercharges the brain and I seem to have endless energy all day, plus great concentration.

Good thread, more later, I have also begun incorporating more carbs again.   :cheeseheadbeer:

Oh, you! So stinking smart! Said the not so stinking smart one. ;)
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

drummerboy

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on June 30, 2018, 03:25:19 PM
I'm boycotting keto.  everyone is doing it...not me!  and, I'm having carbs and wine with dinner   :P

I haven't officially started it yet, I've been weaning off carbs for a few weeks now, and actually have ketones now, so maybe I crossed the hump without knowing.  Around the time I started I did have fierce headaches and was a bit out of it, so maybe I went through keto flu already.  I was already off of sugar and gluten grains before that.  Either way, my blood sugars are phenomenal!
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Chestertonian

I grew up on something very like ketogenic growing up but without putting butter in coffee.. if the beans are good you don't need to add anything that's like coffee abuse.  Also never liked drip American coffee... espresso and nothing else.  Comes with it's own crema.  I miss coffee

I was on fluid restriction so a 8oz cup of coffee was like half of my daily fluid allowance
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

drummerboy

But if you read Dr. Weston Price's work, you'll see its nothing new, just that primitive peoples didn't realize they were "going keto."  Many indigenous peoples lived almost exclusively on meat and/or dairy, and they are universally known for their strength not just of body but of character.  Eskimo's enduring the North for example, or the Mongols who were nearly unstoppable in battle.  The Masai people of Africa were almost "keto," and they were known to dominate all the nearby tribes who were more sedentary and agricultural besides their physical prowess.  Same goes for the tribes of Fiji (think fish, fish, and more fish) and Australian Aborigines.  It could be that living a hunter lifestyle naturally made them more warlike, but that doesn't explain their physiques.  Dr. Price also states that nowhere did he find primitive indigenous peoples living vegetarian lifestyles, but that they all depending on some animal product for their crucial nutrients.  He then states that wherever he did find vegetarians, namely in modern ethical systems, all those living on that diet for a prolonged time suffered for it.  People can get by on it now, I suppose, only because we've produced all sorts of supplements to supply the nutrients they lack from animal products

drummerboy

I just made an awesome keto friendly tart.

Crust
1 stick butter, cold
2/3 cup chopped peanuts
3/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup shredded coconut

Base
8oz. cream cheese
1 pint heavy organic whipping cream (organic since it doesn't have added mono and diglycerides)

Middle Pudding Layer
1 can coconut milk (very important, since it adds sweetness, as this recipe uses no sugar)
1 cup peanut butter
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp. cocoa powder

Mix crust ingredients and cut butter in to make a crumb crust, put in bottom of 13x9" pan and bake at 350 for about 15 minutes, until golden brown.  (Because its coconut flour, I'm going to add an egg next time, just to help it bind).  Cool on wire rack then put in fridge to make it chill and solid, don't need it melting our cream cheese base.

Next the pudding:  Put all the ingredients in a blender and whip until it has runny pudding like texture, and put it in the fridge for an hour to help set (you can do it while the crust is cooling).

Now the cream cheese base: pour whipping cream into blender and whip; set aside 1 cup, and pour the rest into a bowl for the top.  Put the 1 cup of cream into the blender with the cream cheese, and whip.  Spread this layer over the crust.

Once the pudding has chilled and set, spread that over the cream cheese, and then the remaining whipped cream over the pudding.  Garnish with cinnamon, and enjoy!

Carleendiane

A non keto producer, but a Low carb  admirer here.. that tart sounds great! Hubby will love!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: drummerboy on July 01, 2018, 09:34:17 AM

But if you read Dr. Weston Price's work, you'll see its nothing new, just that primitive peoples didn't realize they were "going keto."  Many indigenous peoples lived almost exclusively on meat and/or dairy, and they are universally known for their strength not just of body but of character.  Eskimo's enduring the North for example, or the Mongols who were nearly unstoppable in battle.  The Masai people of Africa were almost "keto," and they were known to dominate all the nearby tribes who were more sedentary and agricultural besides their physical prowess.  Same goes for the tribes of Fiji (think fish, fish, and more fish) and Australian Aborigines.  It could be that living a hunter lifestyle naturally made them more warlike, but that doesn't explain their physiques.  Dr. Price also states that nowhere did he find primitive indigenous peoples living vegetarian lifestyles, but that they all depending on some animal product for their crucial nutrients.  He then states that wherever he did find vegetarians, namely in modern ethical systems, all those living on that diet for a prolonged time suffered for it.  People can get by on it now, I suppose, only because we've produced all sorts of supplements to supply the nutrients they lack from animal products

I'm not vegetarian, either ;). But, I am Cajun. You'll never convince me to forgo rice and gravy or gumbo. 

drummerboy

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on July 01, 2018, 09:07:06 PM

I'm not vegetarian, either ;). But, I am Cajun. You'll never convince me to forgo rice and gravy or gumbo.

I'm sure crayfish is plenty nutritious too  ;)

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: drummerboy on July 01, 2018, 09:56:17 PM
Quote from: MundaCorMeum on July 01, 2018, 09:07:06 PM

I'm sure crayfish is plenty nutritious too  ;)

Crawfish are delicious!  With boiled potatoes, sausage, mushrooms, and okra on the side.....or, in a gumbo, in fettuccini, etoufee over rice, in a pie... 😋