Holiday in the Mountains Time!

Started by jovan66102, June 08, 2018, 12:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jovan66102

From 15 June through the 24th, we will be on a family holiday. God willin' and the crick don't rise, as my Dad (R+I+P) used to say, we will be joined by four of our five children and four of our six grandchildren. My Cuter and Shorter half says that just once before we shuffle off this mortal coil, she wants a family vacation that doesn't involve sleeping on relatives' couches! Ergo, we have rented a cabin in the mountains of northern Colorado for a week.

I don't know what sort of internet connectivity I will have, if any, so I don't know how much posting I'll be doing.

But, even if I have connectivity, there will be grandchildren to play with, hikes to be taken, beer to be drunk round a chiminea with my children, and, in general, enjoyment of God's nature and my family to be had!
Jovan-Marya Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
"Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)" St Bernard of Clairvaux
https://musingsofanoldcurmudgeon.blogspot.com/

Gardener

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

jovan66102

Red Feather Lakes, north and west of Fort Collins about 45-50 miles.

"Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)" St Bernard of Clairvaux

Lynne

Have a wonderful time and tell us about all the fun you had when you get back!
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

jovan66102

I will! Please say a prayer that we all have a safe trip.

Non Nobis

I have the feeling that it would be a lot of fun to have a holiday with an "old curmudgeon" like you!  Enjoy your time with your family.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

jovan66102

Quote from: Non Nobis on June 08, 2018, 10:23:49 PM
I have the feeling that it would be a lot of fun to have a holiday with an "old curmudgeon" like you!  Enjoy your time with your family.

Thanks! But I'm a lot less 'curmudgeonly' around my children and grandchildren!

Greg

I guess you'd rather be in Colarado.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

jovan66102

Quote from: Greg on June 09, 2018, 12:18:26 AM
I guess you'd rather be in Colarado.

No, actually, the mountains are a nice place to visit, but I'm a prairies boy, born and bred. I've lived on the prairies in Kansas, Missouri, Alberta, Iowa, and now Nebraska, and I love it.

I'm reminded of an old Kansas woman years ago. She was asked what she liked about the Kansas prairies. She said the scenery. When asked about the scenery in Colorado, she answered, 'They don't have scenery. The mountains get in the way!'

Greg

Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Gardener

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Heinrich

It cools off quickly at night. Especially at higher elevation. Please buy Colorado micro brew instead of bootlegging Canadian piss water.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

jovan66102

Don't worry, Heinrich! I live in Nebraska now, surrounded by microbreweries. I intend to check out the Colorado craft beers as well.

dymphna17

Now THAT'S something to look forward to! I'm so happy that you get the chance to do this with so many of your children and grandchildren. Get out there and make some great memories! Be sure to take lots of pictures. Even if you just get a few of those disposable cameras at the grocery store. You won't regret it. Be safe!  :pray3:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Heinrich

Pon, there's rugby in Denver on the 22nd. England vs. New Zealand.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.