Author Topic: I found some artworks ...  (Read 175 times)

Offline ServusMariae

• Mary Garden
  • Korporal
  • Religion: Catholic
I found some artworks ...
« on: October 19, 2017, 11:08:21 AM »
So, there was one day I was digging through the art archive in my home. There were some artworks which I promiently remembered in my memory, but then I discovered some artworks which I have forgotten for aeons. I was like: “DID I DREW ALL OF THESE?!!”

The following users thanked this post: Non Nobis, dymphna17, diaduit, martin88nyc, Serviam

Offline Carleendiane

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • all aboard the "struggle bus"
  • Religion: Traditional Catholic
Re: I found some artworks ...
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 11:11:05 AM »
Wow, Servus, you are very talented! How many years have you been a Catholic?
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Offline ServusMariae

• Mary Garden
  • Korporal
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 11:16:05 AM »
From Easter Vigil 2013 ... it has been a good 3-4 years. :)

The following users thanked this post: Carleendiane

Offline Kaesekopf

• Enkindle in us the virtues of humility and patience So we too may obediently do your will faithfully.
  • Oberst
  • Major
    • Suscipe Domine
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 12:57:31 PM »
I like the second and then the Annunciation

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

The following users thanked this post: ServusMariae

Offline Non Nobis

• By my staff!
  • Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 07:29:20 PM »
Just lovely! You are very talented. Do you try to keep up your drawing? You should!

This religious art by a talented young person reminds me of a remarkable picture that my teenage niece once drew, depicting the whole life of St. Augustine. It showed a winding path with noteworthy events along the way; starting with a large image of just a boy's hand reaching for a pear, and going through to the end of his life. She did it for a homeschooling project. (It's a large odd shaped picture and might be hard to post)

Some people sure are talented!
Children say that people are hung sometimes for speaking the truth.

If I am not in the state of grace, may God put me there; and if I am, may God so keep me

- Saint Joan of Arc

Offline Carleendiane

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 08:14:52 PM »
Just lovely! You are very talented. Do you try to keep up your drawing? You should!

This religious art by a talented young person reminds me of a remarkable picture that my teenage niece once drew, depicting the whole life of St. Augustine. It showed a winding path with noteworthy events along the way; starting with a large image of just a boy's hand reaching for a pear, and going through to the end of his life. She did it for a homeschooling project. (It's a large odd shaped picture and might be hard to post)

Some people sure are talented!

Please try....I would love to see that pic, Non.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Offline Carleendiane

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2017, 08:20:37 PM »
Dear Servus, your art must be persued. Somewhat of the simplicity of a Byzantine icon. Not the "same". But reminds me of.  There is a place for your art. It is somewhat expressionistic, somewhat realistic, and surely inspiring. If you have stopped drawing, I encourage you to pick it up again. Please.

Offline dymphna17

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • Be still and know that I am God
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2017, 10:13:14 PM »
Carleen is right Servus.  I would say you are very talented.  You seem to be very meticulous and precise.  The first one shows such precision, it's a pleasure to look at.  I like the Annunciation one as well.  I hope you will consider pursuing such artwork.

Non, I hope you do find a way to post that picture.  It sounds very interesting. 

I wish I had such a talent.  I have things in my brain that I would love to be able to put on paper, unfortunately though, I don't have the USB port for it.  Hey!  Instead of working on how to make the President look evil, why don't they work on finding a way for me to get the pictures in my mind on paper or canvas, or whatever would work the best?  Maybe look into mental USB ports a little more and finding new pronouns a little less. Just a thought.  :) 8)
ن
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

“Don’t waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you’ll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master.”– Mother Angelica

Offline Carleendiane

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2017, 10:22:13 PM »
Carleen is right Servus.  I would say you are very talented.  You seem to be very meticulous and precise.  The first one shows such precision, it's a pleasure to look at.  I like the Annunciation one as well.  I hope you will consider pursuing such artwork.

Non, I hope you do find a way to post that picture.  It sounds very interesting. 

I wish I had such a talent.  I have things in my brain that I would love to be able to put on paper, unfortunately though, I don't have the USB port for it.  Hey!  Instead of working on how to make the President look evil, why don't they work on finding a way for me to get the pictures in my mind on paper or canvas, or whatever would work the best?  Maybe look into mental USB ports a little more and finding new pronouns a little less. Just a thought.  :) 8)

Oh yes, Dymph. You too have a lot of talent. If you try, you can make it happen! I do believe you could do amazing things! You sell yourself short, Dymph. All you said about Servus...I agree!

Offline ServusMariae

• Mary Garden
  • Korporal
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2017, 12:22:49 AM »
Oh Carleen, Dymphna, Non Nobis (+ Kaesekopf the SD overlord) ... thank you all for your humbling compliments ^-^ Actually I used to take up an Art elective in secondary school (aka high school), but had to drop the subject due to medical impediments back then ... For a time I had the freedom to make religious art after graduation, but then in early 2015 I "retired" my art skills to focus on less intensive things. I still drew out stuff once in a while ... but the output wasn't alot.

Now that you all kindly nudged me to pursue art again, I will most likely be doing so pretty soon :) In fact, I'm currently working on the Kingdom Ecclesia catechism project with lots of ideas to put onto paper, & I'm in the phase of giving Sir Augustine, Prince Timothy & Marie some colours haha ... though I have to say that I recently envisioned of taking the entire concept into a series of picture books (albeit I have zero knowledge on how to make & mass-produce such books, let alone find a Catholic publisher specializing in kids' fiction AND one dedicated to propagating the True & Traditional side of religion.) It will be a while (maybe 1 entire year) before I can get the illustrations done, but I do have plans to integrate my past religious artworks (& draw some new ones) into KE to save time haha ... God's Will be done! :pray2:

The following users thanked this post: Carleendiane

Offline ServusMariae

• Mary Garden
  • Korporal
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2017, 10:45:13 AM »
Just to cheer myself up: Today while browsing through my Facebook archive of messages, I stumbled upon a set of pictures… turns out I made those pictures to teach a Special Needs friend about the Latin Mass in order to “teach” another friend who was far more well-versed with the TLM.

“I MADE ALL OF THESE?!!!”

Offline Carleendiane

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2017, 10:59:00 AM »
Servus, my son used to study animal as well as human musculature, so the creatures he created would look properly proportioned and though creatures from his imagination, they looked almost believable.