It is now the 100th

Started by Heinrich, October 12, 2017, 04:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

Unless the good to come out of Fatima is in the future, then I don't see what it achieved.

It has very largely been ignored.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Xavier

Yes a wonderful anniversary today, 100 years since God worked a stupendous miracle of the sun, silencing the Marxist press in front of 70000 witnesses.

But as Michael Wilson pointed out on another thread - its not 100 years since the request for consecration to the Immaculate Heart was made - that was on June 13th 1929. This is for those who use the parallel with St. Margaret Mary and the Sacred Heart commanding consecration to the ruinous and bloodthirsty French revolution depriving the king of France of all power - that was June 17th 1689 to June 17th 1789. See below.

http://www.fatima.org/essentials/facts/rianjo.asp

Quote"On 13 June 1929 Lucia saw another important apparition involving Mary as she was making a Holy Hour in the convent chapel at Tuy in Spain, as was her custom on Thursday nights from eleven to twelve. She was alone, praying the prayers of the Angel in the dim light of the sanctuary lamp when ... At this point Lucia explained that she understood the apparition was a representation of the Holy Trinity, as she heard Mary speak to her: "The moment has come in which God asks the Holy Father, in union with all the Bishops in the world, to make the consecration of Russia to my Immaculate Heart, promising to save it by this means. There are so many souls whom the Justice of God condemns for sins committed against me, that I have come to ask reparation: sacrifice yourself for this intention and pray."

http://www.theotokos.org.uk/pages/approved/words/wordfati.html

This is a time for prayer, penance, Holy Mass, offering Rosaries, renewing our personal consecrations to the Sacred and Immaculate Hearts and praying for the Pope and Bishops to obey Heavens command.
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

PerEvangelicaDicta

Thank you MikeMac, and Lynne, SM, Dymphna, MLG, for highlighting St. Joseph. 
Intercede for the Church, St. Joseph, and for our souls.

Keep your eyes on the Cross, receive the sacraments, pray devotions, fast and give alms, and don't worry, don't get caught up in dates and trying to figure out what / when God's timetable.  Justice is perfect, and we will all receive it in the fullness of time. 
This whole 100 years date counting - which date is proper, what's going to happen, etc - is somewhat reminiscent of the rapture hypothesis that escalated in the past 80 years or so.  It has a protestant flavor.

Our Lady of Fatima, Most Holy Mother of God, pray for us!

They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

Kephapaulos

Quote from: Greg on October 13, 2017, 11:41:23 AM
Unless the good to come out of Fatima is in the future, then I don't see what it achieved.

It has very largely been ignored.

The thing is that the consecration was actually asked for by Our Lady on June 13, 1929, and one hundred years since then has not come to pass yet. Francis still has his plan to honor a heresiarch at the end of this month, and the Lord is giving him a chance for humility to withdraw from such celebration. God is merciful indeed because He could have smite us by now with one swipe but has not so far. We get the clerics we deserve though. We need to look at our own lives and see where our excesses and defects are because how can we ask for a better pope or bishop if we waste opportunities for grace in our lives?

Whatever happens on whichever day if anything happens, we have to simply live our lives day by day the best that we can as much as we forget that and want something life-changing to happen for things to be miraculously cured. It's hard to accept that fact often.

Today was a special day for your country too, Greg, because it is also the feast of St. Edward the Confessor, the last canonized King of England. Happy feast day! A good day for fish and chips too!

Happy Miracle of the Sun of Our Lady of Fatima day to all as well!

Innocent Smith

Quote from: Gerard on October 13, 2017, 08:32:55 AM
From the life site article:

"Father de Marchi wrote:

Our Lord, already so much offended by the sins of mankind and particularly by the mistreatment of the children by the officials of the county, could easily have destroyed the world on that eventful day. However, Our Lord did not come to destroy, but to save. He saved the world that day through the blessing of good Saint Joseph and the love of the Immaculate Heart of Mary for Her children on earth. Our Lord would have stopped the great World War then raging and given peace to the world through Saint Joseph, Jacinta later declared, if the children had not been arrested and taken to Ourém."

What garbage.  "Our Lord would have...if..." the perversity of this idea that God allows hundreds of millions to die except for the fact that He carries some kind of incidental grudge against some cops and a magistrate in Portugal who are typical products of the culture they lived in. 

Some kids were treated meanly and eventually let go.  Meanwhile millions upon millions of children are murdered in every decade of every century, but if a Magistrate had only done this or that, millions would be spared.

Jacinta said essentially, "Because I was arrested, God probably would have destroyed the world, but instead he exercised mercy and only allowed a world war to continue."  I could say the same thing.  Back in the early 1970s, my kindergarten teacher had a cat in the classroom that I accidentally scared when I moved my chair.  The teacher yelled at me unjustly. It's a shame she did that.  God was about to bring about a cure for cancer but because that teacher yelled at me, we've only got better forms of treatment.

I swear the spell of Fatima has made too many people abandon all common sense and the ability to detect nonsense. 

Does a centenary anniversary have any real bearing on Fatima at all or is it just something that people anxious to see something have attributed?

The only "100 years" that makes sense with Fatima is that it could be  the culmination of "100 years" of deception the Devil has been given to try to bring down the Church in the vision of Leo XIII. 

It makes more sense that the reason the "consecration" hasn't been done is because the Papacy will not be broken by an apparition's demands or threats.

What you describe here, Gerard, is a real problem. And it has never been more widespread than it is today. It's called narcissism.
I am going to hold a pistol to the head of the modern man. But I shall not use it to kill him, only to bring him to life.

Gerard

Quote from: Greg on October 13, 2017, 10:21:06 AM
What did Fatima achieve in those 100 years?

People said the Rosary before. Bernadette Soubirous prayed the Rosary during the apparitions at Lourdes.  Would Catholics have stopped praying the Rosary without Fatima?  I don't think so.

Are people today more convinced of the existence of Hell than they were back then?

Is the Church in better shape today than in 1916?

Are people praying the Rosary more or making more sacrifices than they were in April 1917?  Seems not.

"God is offended by immodest fashions".  I am sure He is.  But how does He feel about sodomy and abortion legal in every formerly Christian nation?  Is He more offended by that?  I would think so.  As bad as immodest fashions are they are not in the top 10 list of widespread sins that affect our age.

Why even mention immodest fashions then?  Just how immodest were fashions in 1917 compared to today?

It doesn't make much sense to warn the world it is evil and then let it get FAR more evil for 100 years while you do nothing to intervene.

If you flip Fatima on its head like I've speculated.  You could actually start to look for signs of a "time of evil" possibly coming to an end, if the vision of Leo XIII is an accurate event.

At the close of this "100 years" we see on a global scale, evil plans being exposed and starting to unravel.  The globalism and "new world order" agenda is more out in the open and being resisted with the Brexit movement, other movements of withdrawing from collectivism and the election of Trump. 

The liberal culture of death is beginning to display itself in all of its ugliness and the facade of compassion is wringing hollow.

Hugh Hefner just died.  Hollywood is imploding within two weeks time, further damaging their influence and credibility on a macro social level. 

The gender wars are becoming so absurd, the deniers of reality are collapsing on each other and beginning to cannibalize each other.

In other words, an argument can be made that a cloud of evil over the last century is beginning to dissipate.  Maybe the Devil has taken his best shot and the time for God to shorten the leash is upon us. 

Just have to wait and see.  Maybe the next Pope will not be too far in the future and a decent man will be elected and respond to the graces given. 

Greg

Leo XIII died in 1903.

So whenever he had that vision, at least 120 years have past already.  I'd also be interested to know when that vision of his was first published or made public.

If LeoXIII was not seeing it "concurrently" then how do we know the hundred year period does not start in 2337AD or 3145AD?
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Greg

Several variants of this story are told. The first to appear in print was in a 1933 German Sunday newspaper article, which stated that, as a result of the vision, shortly after 1880 Leo ordered the prayer to Saint Michael to be recited.

In reality, it was only in 1884 that the Pope instituted the Leonine Prayers, still at that time without the prayer to Saint Michael.  A year later, a German writer, Fr. Bers, tried to trace the origin of the story and declared that, though the story was widespread, nowhere could he find a trace of proof.

Sources close to the institution of the prayer in 1886, including an account of a conversation with Leo XIII about his decision, say nothing of the alleged vision. Bers concluded that the story was a later invention that was spreading like a virus

james03

This part of the Leonine prayer is not well known:

QuoteThese most crafty enemies have filled and inebriated with gall and bitterness the Church, the spouse of the immaculate Lamb, and have laid impious hands on her most sacred possessions. In the Holy Place itself, where the See of Holy Peter and the Chair of Truth has been set up as the light of the world, they have raised the throne of their abominable impiety, with the iniquitous design that when the Pastor has been struck, the sheep may be.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

james03

QuoteBut as Michael Wilson pointed out on another thread - its not 100 years since the request for consecration to the Immaculate Heart was made - that was on June 13th 1929.

In a way, that kind of sucks.  It means 12 more years of things getting worse.  It is possible during this time we get the war that kills 1/3 of mankind.

To be honest I was expecting Trump to launch on North Korea today.

Next up, praise for one of the greatest heresiarchs by another heretic.  After that, fag marriage.  Burke will have a lot to answer for.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Gerard

Quote from: Greg on October 13, 2017, 03:06:20 PM
Leo XIII died in 1903.

So whenever he had that vision, at least 120 years have past already.  I'd also be interested to know when that vision of his was first published or made public.

If LeoXIII was not seeing it "concurrently" then how do we know the hundred year period does not start in 2337AD or 3145AD?

Good points. We don't know anything absolutely. And we don't have to believe any of it.

But if the Devil had been permitted 100 years to do his dirty work, given time, permission and power.  If it had begun around the time of Leo's vision, it certainly would have been odd for the BVM to show up only 33 years into it, promising peace, love and understanding if only the Pope and the hierarchy would obey her commands, let her run the Church or suffer the consequences.

The two visions simply don't harmonize with each other if you hold them both as authentic. 

But you can either reject the Leo vision and take Fatima as it is with all of the ecclesiastical problems it has or you can harmonize Leo's vision in seeing that Fatima was the ultimate demonic hoax perpetrated on the Church, with no purpose beyond getting the hierarchy to bend the knee and take commands from an apparition. 

I think it's interesting that for some unknown reason all of those Popes conservative to liberal just will not do that consecration according to the specifics.  The reasons given are simply too silly to be correct.

I'm thinking that trads are inadvertently hurting the cause by focusing on the Fatima consecration, we may have liberal Popes simply because a traditional leaning Pope would be willing to do the consecration without batting an eye.  Everyone thinks that the consecration is the main ingredient to a better future, but it may just be that that is the exact wrong answer.  We can't get a better future until Fatima is what the Popes have tried to sell it has, a thing of the past.  They have wanted it off the radar and they've done just about everything but admit it's inauthentic, which is typical of Rome to want to live with errors rather than admit them. 

King Wenceslas

I see the knives have come out once again against Fatima. Hatred against a great merciful act performed through Our Lady's intercession and all she gets is a slap in the face.

mary_podlesak

"I think it's interesting that for some unknown reason all of those Popes conservative to liberal just will not do that consecration according to the specifics.  The reasons given are simply too silly to be correct."

I have contended on other blogs that Pope Pius X and the Superior General of the Jesuits, Fr. Wernz who died within 24 hours of each other, were poisoned.  The apostolic constitution of Pius X was changed and the conclave process kept secret from that time. The following pope, Benedict XV, was a protege of Cardinal Rampolla, a known OTO member and freemason. Therefore all of the following popes, except for Pius XI were freemasons. Pope Pius X and Fr. Wernz were considered threats to those who wanted to prosecute a war in Europe.
     It is no surprise that none of the popes following Pius X endorsed apparations heartily, that includes both Fatima and La Salette. They paid them lip service, in order to appear to be Catholic, but no more.

Gerard

Quote from: King Wenceslas on October 13, 2017, 07:32:45 PM
I see the knives have come out once again against Fatima. Hatred against a great merciful act performed through Our Lady's intercession and all she gets is a slap in the face.

1) It's not our Lady. 

2) There is nothing merciful in threatening the papacy.  Fatima is the only apparition to have a threat attached to it. Surrender the papacy or else is what it boils down to. 

3) The Holy Ghost has not surrendered the papacy.  The Church still holds. 

Gerard

Quote from: mary_podlesak on October 13, 2017, 08:27:54 PM

"I think it's interesting that for some unknown reason all of those Popes conservative to liberal just will not do that consecration according to the specifics.  The reasons given are simply too silly to be correct."

I have contended on other blogs that Pope Pius X and the Superior General of the Jesuits, Fr. Wernz who died within 24 hours of each other, were poisoned.  The apostolic constitution of Pius X was changed and the conclave process kept secret from that time. The following pope, Benedict XV, was a protege of Cardinal Rampolla, a known OTO member and freemason. Therefore all of the following popes, except for Pius XI were freemasons. Pope Pius X and Fr. Wernz were considered threats to those who wanted to prosecute a war in Europe.
     It is no surprise that none of the popes following Pius X endorsed apparations heartily, that includes both Fatima and La Salette. They paid them lip service, in order to appear to be Catholic, but no more.

None of that has anything to do with the obvious flaws in the Fatima message that undermine the papacy.  If the Popes from Benedict XV onward have been freemasons they have been supporting the Church by not doing the consecration.  So, in essence according to your position, God is protecting the Church even with Freemasonic popes or anti-popes if you see it that way.