Author Topic: One million Poles in a Rosary Crusade commemorating Lepanto, Oct 7th.  (Read 284 times)

Offline Xavier

• Vizekorporal
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
Faced with a radical Islamist invasion of Lepanto in 1571, the Rosary won a great victory for the outnumbered Christian fleet. Polands faithful and bishops have organized a Rosary crusade to fight back against Islamism and make reparation to the Immaculate Heart today.

http://fsspx.news/en/news-events/news/one-million-polish-catholics-set-gather-their-border-rosary-crusade
As many as one million Poles are expected to take part in "The Rosary On the Borders," commemorating the Battle of Lepanto.

Polish Bishops have endorsed and encouraged the attendance of their congregations in this event, which takes place on the feast of Our Lady of the Rosary. The organizers of this event hope to attract a few thousand Catholics, but as the publicity and enthusiasm has grown, so have the numbers.

The crusade was organized independently of the Catholic Church in Poland, for the purposes of honoring Mary as Queen of Poland, asking for her protection and intercession, and begging forgiveness for blasphemies. The organizers describe their effort on their website:

On this day we will go to the borders of Poland and we will pray on [sic] the rosary. Through this unprecedented prayer of the rosary, we want to show the faithfulness and obedience of Mary, who tirelessly calls us to recite the rosary. We also want to apologize and pay for all blasphemy, insults against the Immaculate Heart of Mary. We wish to implore by the intercession of the Mother of God to save Poland and the world.  We believe that if the Rosary is prayed by about a million Poles along the borders of the country, it may not only change the course of events, but open hearts of our compatriots to the grace of God.
Let us consecrate ourselves to the Sacred Heart through the Immaculate Heart, and offer ourselves as victims for the Pope and the Bishops, for the restoration of Tradition in the Church, "My dear Jesus, before the Holy Trinity, Our Heavenly Mother,and the whole Heavenly Court, united with your Most Precious Blood and your sacrifice on Calvary, I hereby offer my whole life to the intention of your Sacred Heart and to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Together with my life I place at your disposal all Holy Masses, all my Communions, all my good deeds, all my sacrifices, and the sufferings of my entire life for the adoration and supplication of the Holy Trinity, for unity in our Holy Mother Church, for the Holy Father and priests, for good priestly vocations, and for all souls until the end of the world. Oh my Jesus, please accept my life sacrifice and my offerings and give me your grace that I may persevere obediently until my death. Amen." http://copiosa.org/heart/heart_sacred_consecration.htm The promises of Our Heavenly Mother, with ecclesiastical approbation, "(1)Their names will be written in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary ... (2) Their life offering, together with the infinite merits of Jesus, can save many souls from damnation ...  (3) None of their family members will go to hell ... (4) On the day they offer their lives, their loved ones suffering in Purgatory will be released. (5) I will be with them at the hour of their death. They will not know Purgatory"

The following users thanked this post: Kaesekopf, Non Nobis, maryslittlegarden, Carleendiane

Offline dymphna17

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • Be still and know that I am God
Re: One million Poles in a Rosary Crusade commemorating Lepanto, Oct 7th.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 03:03:54 AM »
This is wonderful!  Poland is a beacon shining through the fog that is modernism.  Part of me wishes I could move there.  But that is not where God has planted me right now.  So, Happy Feast of the Most Holy Rosary from God's garden in Kansas!  We have much work to be done where we are, so let's all bloom where we are planted.  I hope and pray you all have a wonderful day spent in honor of the Blessed Mother, who gave us the best weapon we could ever ask for to use against the many enemies we are assaulted by each day.  May we all join Poland in praise of Lepanto.   :pray3: :cheeseheadbeer: 8)
ن
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

“Don’t waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you’ll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master.”– Mother Angelica

The following users thanked this post: Kaesekopf, Carleendiane

Offline mikemac

• Hauptmann
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 01:11:42 PM »
Yeah God bless Poland.  But this is not because Poles are staunch traditionalists that will only attend the TLM.  According to this page the TLM is only offered in two parishes every Sunday in Poland, one in Kraków and one in Wrocław.  Poles still have a picture of JPII hanging on their walls.  So much for the members of this forum that think the NO Mass is from the hobs of hell.

http://latinmassdir.org/?country=poland&diocese&sundays=1
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima’s prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

TradCath Forum  A friendly Traditional Catholic forum with excellent administration and moderation.

Offline martin88nyc

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 07:47:34 PM »
Yeah God bless Poland.  But this is not because Poles are staunch traditionalists that will only attend the TLM.  According to this page the TLM is only offered in two parishes every Sunday in Poland, one in Kraków and one in Wrocław.  Poles still have a picture of JPII hanging on their walls.  So much for the members of this forum that think the NO Mass is from the hobs of hell.

I can assure you there are many more Latin Masses said every Sunday in Poland. For example in Warsaw there are at least two so this website is not a good source.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Offline Non Nobis

• By my staff!
  • Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2017, 08:22:16 PM »
Happy Feast of the Most Holy Rosary! Our Lady of the Rosary, pray for us.

Quote from: Wikipedia
The Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary, formerly known as the Feast of Our Lady of Victory and Feast of the Holy Rosary, is a feast day of the Roman Catholic Church, celebrated on 7 October, the anniversary of the decisive victory of the combined fleet of the Holy League of 1571 over the Ottoman navy at the Battle of Lepanto.

God bless the Poles, and lead them to Catholic tradition.

Our Lady of the Rosary, pray for as we prepare for the 100th anniversary of Your miracle at Fatima.
Children say that people are hung sometimes for speaking the truth.

If I am not in the state of grace, may God put me there; and if I am, may God so keep me

- Saint Joan of Arc

The following users thanked this post: Carleendiane

Offline Carleendiane

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • all aboard the "struggle bus"
  • Religion: Traditional Catholic
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2017, 08:30:24 PM »

The Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary, formerly known as the Feast of Our Lady of Victory and Feast of the Holy Rosary, is a feast day of the Roman Catholic Church, celebrated on 7 October, the anniversary of the decisive victory of the combined fleet of the Holy League of 1571 over the Ottoman navy at the Battle of Lepanto.

Our Lady of the Rosary, pray for as we prepare for the 100th anniversary of Your miracle at Fatima.

These Poles we may wish were traditionalists, which would be any trad's wish for anyone, but being things as they are, never underestimate the fantastic power of the rosary. They believe in the power of the rosary, though I've known many trads who put no special emphasis on this form of prayer. No, it's not obligatory, but it has been recommended by the queen of heaven.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

The following users thanked this post: Non Nobis, mikemac

Offline Non Nobis

• By my staff!
  • Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2017, 08:48:35 PM »

These Poles we may wish were traditionalists, which would be any trad's wish for anyone, but being things as they are, never underestimate the fantastic power of the rosary. They believe in the power of the rosary, though I've known many trads who put no special emphasis on this form of prayer. No, it's not obligatory, but it has been recommended by the queen of heaven.

You can't get a better recommendation than that (and I know Christ recommends what His Mother asks).

Shame on traditionalists who don't appreciate that.
Children say that people are hung sometimes for speaking the truth.

If I am not in the state of grace, may God put me there; and if I am, may God so keep me

- Saint Joan of Arc

The following users thanked this post: Lynne, Carleendiane, martin88nyc

Offline Lynne

• happy to be Catholic!
  • Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • We're all special snowflakes
  • Religion: Catholic (SSPX)
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2017, 05:33:32 AM »

I can assure you there are many more Latin Masses said every Sunday in Poland. For example in Warsaw there are at least two so this website is not a good source.

There's several SSPX chapels there...

http://www.piusx.org.pl/kaplice

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael’s Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

“My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you’re supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen.”

The following users thanked this post: martin88nyc

Offline martin88nyc

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2017, 11:50:13 AM »

Here go to this website/ It's in polish but you can just look at the interactive map. It shows all of the chapels, churches and other places where Latin Mass is offered :)
http://msza.net/
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

The following users thanked this post: Kaesekopf

Offline Prayerful

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2017, 01:10:16 PM »

Poland was one of the few places where there was no deliberate International Commission on English in the Liturgy style heterodox translation. ICEL was bad, but BXVI's efforts to fix the translation were mainly followed in the anglosphere. Places like Italy still seem to ignore the efforts of 2011 and Liturgicum Authenicam. 'Spirit of V2' partisans finally managed to get PF to formalise the particularist and heterodox liturgical drift of V2. That Poland had a clearly valid liturgy while other places did not, has to have been of help.

Offline mikemac

• Hauptmann
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2017, 09:29:33 PM »

Here go to this website/ It's in polish but you can just look at the interactive map. It shows all of the chapels, churches and other places where Latin Mass is offered :)
http://msza.net/

Yeah quite the difference in web sites.
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima’s prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

TradCath Forum  A friendly Traditional Catholic forum with excellent administration and moderation.

Online Greg

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Kung Fu
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2017, 04:44:56 AM »
Interesting, that October 7th is also the day they surrendered to the Nazi and Soviet occupation in 1939.